AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

This latest update does nothing more than insult the intelligence of those of us who know what is going on. All I'm going to say is f*** each and every one of you Association negotiators and supporters and promise you I/We are not as clueless as you think we are. You worthless negotiators (Sito and crew) are scum from the bottom up. If you or the supporters have issues with the way I feel, pm me I and will be more than happy to give you my email address. Enough of this chit, you suck!

Reactions: Talos
This latest update does nothing more than insult the intelligence of those of us who know what is going on. All I'm going to say is f*** each and every one of you Association negotiators and supporters and promise you I/We are not as clueless as you think we are. You worthless negotiators (Sito and crew) are scum from the bottom up. If you or the supporters have issues with the way I feel, pm me I and will be more than happy to give you my email address. Enough of this chit, you suck!
Very sad scam going on with this. Everyone will need to take a long look at this agreement. It appears they are finishing this on the fly. The guys at the top of the international who did this deal are dirt bags for selling us out again to get rid of the court situation. They're like leeches .

I literally did that. Even gave 3.

BTW, a “white ballot” is an election method (and a shitty one at that), not a reference to race.
None of what you provided in my opinion would keep "diversity" from seeking office.

I know what a white ballot is (or rather I knew before I responded, I actually had to Google it and even then I got several definitions) but you presented that as a barrier to "diversity voting" much as Democrats have stated voter ID's are designed to keep minorities from voting which is, as we both know, total BS. Anyone can object to a single nominee being declared elected (which is the definition I assume you meant) and force a proper vote.

How much more time will pass until this JCBA comes to a vote?
More lost compensation. This might move past Spring break. Wouldn't it be ironic if Delta gives their AMT'S a pay raise before even get to vote.

More lost compensation. This might move past Spring break. Wouldn't it be ironic if Delta gives their AMT'S a pay raise before even get to vote.
when sito decides to vote we vote not before. the iam owns the twu

Let's hope they get their April raise, then we may get a bump as well, it happened with the flight attendants.

I never said it did. That's a conclusion you drew on your own.

The things I noted make it harder for anyone to run and/or win.

The harder it is, the easier it is for people to simply check out.
Great, what does that have to do with diversity in the leadership?

Not a damn thing.

Stop being a Democrat and let's move on.

There is one glaring difference in your situation and mine. You have a union that works for you, I have one that works for themselves and other groups, aircraft mechanics NOT INCLUDED. History has shown over and over and over again, sending these clowns back in will produce an inferior result to what is currently on the table. At best, another work group would benefit more then they already are from the mechanics backs.
I agree. My point in posting that one was to show the AA'ers what they "could" have with a C&C union like AMFA representing them. I know most of the asso. lovers can't stand the AMFA comparisomes, but that is because AMFA would make their current representation for the mechanics look like school children playing on a playground. That is why they are sick and tired of hearing "AMFA". Get'er done boys...

Contract Language Talks Progress
February 22, 2020
0 Comments

TWU.IAM_.logo2_-1024x425.jpg

The full negotiating committees continued to meet this week in Dallas, TX to write the remaining language needed to secure the final contract from the Agreement in Principle made with American Airlines. With a few exceptions, the bulk of that work is now done.

Our next task is to work with our attorneys to finalize the language that properly protects our industry leading 401(k) contributions, pension contributions, and profit sharing. It is important to make sure these critical elements are unambiguous. These core tenants of the new agreement are extremely valuable to members while they are working and when they retire, so we must ensure they are foundationally sound. It is our goal to get this exercise done in our meetings next week.

The final piece of the JCBA will be to reach an implementation schedule with the company. We all expect the benefits of these bargaining sessions to come to us as quickly and as reasonably as possible. This is not assured without written agreements outlining the timeframes of when the changes will start.

While it may seem to be a long process to finalize this deal, it is the intent of your negotiators that we get everything that was bargained for, that it is done right and that you know what to expect. We have spent years in a tough fight and we cannot short circuit the negotiations at the end, just to expedite the process.

Your continued patience and support is appreciated – it is what got us here. This industry best contract will prove that the time it has taken was worth it!

Please Post on All TWU- IAM Bulletin Boards

PDF Version: Association Bulletin-2/22/20Download

im trying to figure out how this covers "many areas?"

"Our next task is to work with our attorneys to finalize the language that properly protects our industry leading 401(k) contributions, pension contributions, and profit sharing."

Really? Industry leading?? How can you call this industry leading when you fall below in many categories. Well short of Delta, Southwest, UPS and I think even UAL in PS paid out. Below Southwest, UPS (not sure about Delta and UAL) in 401K matches, with Southwest at 9.3% and UPS doesn't have to even match. And they still fall behind in their pension contributions. Again UPS is the winner here.
They can call it industry leading all they want to----it IS NOT.

"The final piece of the JCBA will be to reach an implementation schedule with the company. We all expect the benefits of these bargaining sessions to come to us as quickly and as reasonably as possible. This is not assured without written agreements outlining the timeframes of when the changes will start."

Wouldn't that be DOS? Helloooo. I agree with the previous post, this sounds like another move on delaying certain items getting starting dates different from the DOS. When does it stop???

"Your continued patience and support is appreciated – it is what got us here. This industry best contract will prove that the time it has taken was worth it!"

And again they are trying to call it "industry best contract". They know good and well it IS NOT industry leading falling behind in several areas including pay, 401K, pension, retirement, medical, vac, sick accrual, personal time off, etc... I can't wait to hear how they will explain this is an ILC and best in the industry as they quoted above. If they think this is industry leading, it's time to replace them. Any fool can see this.

Very sad scam going on with this. Everyone will need to take a long look at this agreement. It appears they are finishing this on the fly. The guys at the top of the international who did this deal are dirt bags for selling us out again to get rid of the court situation. They're like leeches .
These are part of the games being played by this asso. with the lives of their members on T/A day. You guys still don't know what was agreed to as far as everything getting outsourced, so how can they still call it ILC? Most will be pissed come T/A reveal day.
To respond to another post of when and how long. Take notes guys that you guys are on the verge of the exact same time frame as us. Your first )low-ball) offer is coming at 5-5.5 years into nego's, as was ours. Same exact playbook.

Reactions: dfw gen