AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

You Good old Boys take this crap to serious. If you had a life you would not have thousands of post and you would be with your families. I just come on here to have fun with all of you losers. The majority of the floor don't give a damn about TWU IAM or AMFA. All they care about is CS work or CS off. Oh and Money and Pizza.

You can give up on trying to get me too take any of this serious. Because I have more of a life than being a Aircraft Mechanic or a American Airline employee.

Now all of you can kiss my Happy AAAAAzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Asking for a friend, were you born stupid or is it something you work hard at?

You Good old Boys take this crap to serious. If you had a life you would not have thousands of post and you would be with your families. I just come on here to have fun with all of you losers. The majority of the floor don't give a damn about TWU IAM or AMFA. All they care about is CS work or CS off. Oh and Money and Pizza.

You can give up on trying to get me too take any of this serious. Because I have more of a life than being a Aircraft Mechanic or a American Airline employee.

IF YOU are a strong man you will have thousands of posts soon as to why you are here and your benefit to all the AA employees to benefit their lives and QOL. As well as an Industry Leading Contract, where the fk is that Junkie??? C'mon give us the REAL info.

And yet we find you here reading and posting like the rest of us. Welcome to the conversation. Stop being so hypocritical and maybe your credibility will improve. Have fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: swamt
Real Tired that is a great read about the IAMPF, having each member pay a surcharge to bring the IAMPF back into good health is crazy. It's a multi-company plan with more money going out than coming in. Having one member fund another's pension is like a Pyramid scheme. Only those who get what's coming to them now get what they are supposed to get while a gamble for the rest..

I've said it before, but this plan is in trouble (and has been for some time). For those of you who are Plan Participants, please take 5 minutes and look for yourself. You have the right to request/receive a TON of valuable info. It's your financial future; don't just settle for the 1 sheet we get every year.

This AIP was merely put out so the pay scales are set, because some airline in the industry will get a raise before our language is completed. They are still negotiating!
This is just my opinion

Are you kidding? You still do not believe they are still nego? Are you that clueless?? Read the update from the nego cmte member. WOW!!! You are lost sir.

No not clueless and I just reread the update.
He states all that’s being done is the already agreed to verbal agreements are being put into language for the entire AIP.
I don’t see anywhere he states they are still negotiating.
They may be determining how the language of the agreement is to read but they are not negotiating unless you think agreeing to how it should read is negotiating
I consider negotiating to mean there are items not agreed to.
I don’t believe that is true.
I mean we have the pay scales and the insurance information all that has been agreed to.
Seems like it’s all done to me except the actual language.
So I don’t think I’m the clueless one here

This AIP was merely put out so the pay scales are set, because some airline in the industry will get a raise before our language is completed. They are still negotiating!
This is just my opinion
Yes, they are still negotiating. Others will get a raise and the dysfunctional association is still negotiating and putting together an agreement that only the devil likes to read the fine print.

YES I do work at Southwest Airlines. Is that a problem with you? If so WHY? Junkie??
I will never stop posting, get a clue dude.
I am NOT an AMFA organizer, where the hell did you get that??? Regret signing a card? Why? please explain how I have made YOU regret signing a card. Bring it on...
Yep always have something to say ...because I have so much knowledge I what everyone to know what I know.....snoreeee

No not clueless and I just reread the update.
He states all that’s being done is the already agreed to verbal agreements are being put into language for the entire AIP.
I don’t see anywhere he states they are still negotiating.
They may be determining how the language of the agreement is to read but they are not negotiating unless you think agreeing to how it should read is negotiating
I consider negotiating to mean there are items not agreed to.
I don’t believe that is true.
I mean we have the pay scales and the insurance information all that has been agreed to.
Seems like it’s all done to me except the actual language.
So I don’t think I’m the clueless one here
Basically yes and correct on your guess.
He did say that neither side is in "agreement" with the way each side wants it written. They are, call it what you want, still discussing how to come to an agreement upon how the written language will read in the new contract. That sir, is still negotiating how the written language will read when finalized.
He also stated that they (both sides) got sick and tired of passing offers and counters across the table so they stopped and then just started discussing (negotiating) verbally only with both sides taking notes (key actions on still negotiating) just verbally, not written passes across the table. He also stated that ALL the verbal stuff was all about the remaining 5 biggie (as indicated in the asso. update of what 5 biggies were left) items, so now they are again, call it what you want, discussing, talking, chatting, "trying" to come to an agreement (gee, that's negotiating still) but this time in writing and both sides KNOW how much more permanent and legal it will become once "in writing". The verbal crap will then be out the door and means nothing once the writing is on the wall. When you are STILL trying to get both sides to agree upon the written items within a legal labor contract that is called "STILL NEGOTIATING". Ask anyone that has something to do with labor and work contracts. The AIP announcement was simply used as a tool to try and keep the membership calm, cool, and collective.
VO sorry bout the clueless comment, you did not deserve that. I see where different folks will read things differently. However, do we agree that you will not have an "official" AIP or even a T/A until all written language is finalized, both sides agree, and it is sent out for membership ratification or rejection? This asso. has played this membership way too many times for any of us to trust them or believe them any longer. They purposely confuse, lie, and spread misinformation to keep the membership in total darkness until, you guessed it, T/A day...

Yep always have something to say ...because I have so much knowledge I what everyone to know what I know.....snoreeee
avi, pay attention before you post. he asked me a question and I answered it. He claimed I was part of something I am not, so corrected that. And finally he posted that he regretted signing a card because of me, so I asked how did that come about.

I've said it before, but this plan is in trouble (and has been for some time). For those of you who are Plan Participants, please take 5 minutes and look for yourself. You have the right to request/receive a TON of valuable info. It's your financial future; don't just settle for the 1 sheet we get every year.
Yes you did Kev. and I too tried to warn them about the pension fund long before it started to get into real deep trouble. They just won't listen, they want to just accept all the spoon feeding lies from the asso. thinking everything is just peachy. That article the gentlemen posted was the latest recent one. And when you get it sent certified, and also sent to counsel and board stating "endangered status", we all know what's coming next don't we? Yup, drastic measures will be required in order to keep the pension fluid going forward. Meaning--- Another big cut is coming to the pension pay-outs. Will it be 10%? 20%? Maybe. Or will it be more like the last cut to a pension 33%-40% for the retirees? And that was the second time they slashed it. You know what they say, third time is a charm.
You see they are in dyer need to get that pension back to funded 100% and they can't and will not be able to, because they keep getting companies that pull out of it, the more that pull out the more negative it goes as they keep losing thousands of people paying into it. Which is why I am sure we will see the TWU'ers forced into it to help get more puting into it, even though it will not save it. But everything is just "peachy"

Basically yes and correct on your guess.
He did say that neither side is in "agreement" with the way each side wants it written. They are, call it what you want, still discussing how to come to an agreement upon how the written language will read in the new contract. That sir, is still negotiating how the written language will read when finalized.
He also stated that they (both sides) got sick and tired of passing offers and counters across the table so they stopped and then just started discussing (negotiating) verbally only with both sides taking notes (key actions on still negotiating) just verbally, not written passes across the table. He also stated that ALL the verbal stuff was all about the remaining 5 biggie (as indicated in the asso. update of what 5 biggies were left) items, so now they are again, call it what you want, discussing, talking, chatting, "trying" to come to an agreement (gee, that's negotiating still) but this time in writing and both sides KNOW how much more permanent and legal it will become once "in writing". The verbal crap will then be out the door and means nothing once the writing is on the wall. When you are STILL trying to get both sides to agree upon the written items within a legal labor contract that is called "STILL NEGOTIATING". Ask anyone that has something to do with labor and work contracts. The AIP announcement was simply used as a tool to try and keep the membership calm, cool, and collective.
VO sorry bout the clueless comment, you did not deserve that. I see where different folks will read things differently. However, do we agree that you will not have an "official" AIP or even a T/A until all written language is finalized, both sides agree, and it is sent out for membership ratification or rejection? This asso. has played this membership way too many times for any of us to trust them or believe them any longer. They purposely confuse, lie, and spread misinformation to keep the membership in total darkness until, you guessed it, T/A day...

Until we get a complete look at what is in the agreement yes it’s not complete.
Yes there are still items being agreed to but no I don’t think it’s major items of any kind.
What I would love is see the pay rates to be adjusted before it’s in print to bring us over UA when they get their raise in Dec, but that is likely a dream.
I do hope he’s correct and this writing is done this week so it’s online by next week.
Guess we will see

Until we get a complete look at what is in the agreement yes it’s not complete.
Yes there are still items being agreed to but no I don’t think it’s major items of any kind.
What I would love is see the pay rates to be adjusted before it’s in print to bring us over UA when they get their raise in Dec, but that is likely a dream.
I do hope he’s correct and this writing is done this week so it’s online by next week.
Guess we will see
I agree, but don't think it will get done this week.

Yes I do think it’s being overhyped for sure but I’m more inclined to think the Chinese are hyping too to harm the US economy
Maybe. :D

At any rate the fact we are not getting imports should tell us we are far too entrenched in China.

I rather do business with Mexico over China, despite the fact that may drive prices up a bit.