AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

You say “we” as that you are the voice of popular consensus, compensation for what, if I might ask.

the numbers were out, maybe 2 years ago.

i believe it was $14-$15 million per year for lus assoc. members and $24-$25 million per for laa assoc. members.

a total of $39 million per year for all.

since then, lus has more employees and costs go up..so, say conservatively, $16-$18 million per year going forward for lus.

if this passes: lus will walk away with $80-$85 million more over 5 years than laa assoc. members, in medical alone.

NYer wants us to focus on OT language. no more 7 OT holdover.

- the iam union heroes criticizing the twu for 'b' and 'c' scales. current lus will keep their exclusive insurance. new hire lus will not have it.

Bob,

I found CremaDiLimone's research and post to be very informative regarding your question.

Reactions: CremaDiLimone
You say “we” as that you are the voice of popular consensus, compensation for what, if I might ask.
I actually do feel I speak for most LAA employees when I question the fact that IAM members are being compensated more than TWU members in this AIP, which has been the case since this merger occurred. You personally can be fine with that, I’m not. I honestly can’t understand why at the very least TWU members can’t be grandfathered into work brain without losing 2 weeks pay.

Bob,

I found CremaDiLimone's research and post to be very informative regarding your question.

thanks. actually, it was prez, who posted those numbers when the assoc. was trying to get laa on board the insurance fight. the numbers (i felt) were used to show how tiny the added expense in comparison to the profits.

i always looked forward to his posts. it was interesting for a long while. by 2018 i had contract fatigue, by 2019 i was angry and in 2020 laa fleet got a sh!t sandwich.

parker brought lus up to laa wages..and then over 5 1/2 years of disparity where parker didn't move laa up in regards to amount of holidays/holiday pay/sk time/insurance...they gave laa memorial day 2019 as a holiday. 1 holiday over 5 1/2 years.

we now have an AIP and this compensatory disparity keeps going on.

the whole thing is insulting.

parker brought lus up to laa wages..and then over 5 1/2 years of disparity where parker didn't move laa up in regards to amount of holidays/holiday pay/sk time/insurance...they gave laa memorial day 2019 as a holiday. 1 holiday over 5 1/2 years.

we now have an AIP and this compensatory disparity keeps going on.

the whole thing is insulting.
Of course it is. It is intended to be. It's called nonverbal communication.

Upper management is telling you what they think of you.

From their perspective you are just grunts doing menial labor who are over compensated. Despite the mantra "people are our most valuable asset" the truth is the company (management) looks at you as nothing more than expense and liability which must be curbed at worst or eliminated at best.

Upper management does not see you as an integral cog in the machine that is the airline industry. They rather have $12 dollar an hour temps rotating through every 6 months or better yet machines.

I could go on and on about how our society is conditioned to look down upon labor (a.k.a. blue collar) jobs (recently a poster on this very forum called Fleet Service an entry level job despite the fact it pays CAREER money, has full benefits, and had a pension) but that is a topic for another day. Needless to say the people filling those management positions most likely propagate that idea while they circle jerk each other's ego in the board meetings. We need to socially engineer our society to find value in all tasks that make our way of life possible. We need more people like Mike Rowe to lead us to an era of mutual respect.

Congrats all on an AIP. When do you anticipate you'll see a full text version of the agreement?

If you already have it can you point me towards a link? Thanks!

We here at UAL have a wage review in December and are hoping you'll have this wrapped up satisfactorily by then.

BTW I saw a few pages back some back-n-forth on the question of diversity in AMFA, don't worry about it. If you choose to go AMFA your reps will be as diverse as those that step up and have the backing of their respective memberships. AMFAs officer/representatives nomination/election process is completely transparent.

UAL was AMFA 2003-2008. In that time our Local Officers and Reps were about as diverse as you'll see - Chinese, Middle Eastern, African American,Puerto Rican, and yes Caucasian.

During UALs time in AMFA we sent 4 members to the National - These members held the following positions - National Safety & Standards Director (Puerto Rican), National Treasurer (Caucasian) - Asst Region 1 Director (Caucasian), and United Airlines ACAC (African American)

If the majority of your group wants change, it cannot be stopped.

TSH

I actually do feel I speak for most LAA employees when I question the fact that IAM members are being compensated more than TWU members in this AIP, which has been the case since this merger occurred. You personally can be fine with that, I’m not. I honestly can’t understand why at the very least TWU members can’t be grandfathered into work brain without losing 2 weeks pay.
You don't speak for most of us and there are many out there who don't take the insurance at all and so by your formula make way more than others regardless of union affiliation. And don't think its just a handful. Way more than you think. All this crying over a garbage insurance plan that will be gone in 36 months or so and won't be offered to ANY new hire moving forward. And when you take in to consideration that certain medications are available for free through AA (HBP, insulin) all you need to do is plan accordingly and you will see the AA plan is a better planit over the other side's plan. Not cheap but go and look at what other plans cost and maybe you'll understand...maybe. The contract will pass, the IAM medical will soon die and then you'll will have to find something else to cry about. You don't speak for most of LAA employees...you just don't.

Congrats all on an AIP. When do you anticipate you'll see a full text version of the agreement?

If you already have it can you point me towards a link? Thanks!

We here at UAL have a wage review in December and are hoping you'll have this wrapped up satisfactorily by then.

BTW I saw a few pages back some back-n-forth on the question of diversity in AMFA, don't worry about it. If you choose to go AMFA your reps will be as diverse as those that step up and have the backing of their respective memberships. AMFAs officer/representatives nomination/election process is completely transparent.

UAL was AMFA 2003-2008. In that time our Local Officers and Reps were about as diverse as you'll see - Chinese, Middle Eastern, African American,Puerto Rican, and yes Caucasian.

During UALs time in AMFA we sent 4 members to the National - These members held the following positions - National Safety & Standards Director (Puerto Rican), National Treasurer (Caucasian) - Asst Region 1 Director (Caucasian), and United Airlines ACAC (African American)

If the majority of your group wants change, it cannot be stopped.

TSH
Hey TSH, May I ask when your current contract ends? And what are parameters involving the wage review in Dec.? ie; who all are used for the comparo.?
Any chance the UAL mechs get AMFA back in at United?
BTW; what is the top out rate now at UAL pls.?

Just herd from a friend in Tulsa that Parker will be in Tulsa tomorrow to announce the building of HGR 7.
All of Tulsa should Boycott his meeting....

Reactions: robbedagain

Latest posts