AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

We had dues paying members to protect. You are 100% correct. And I think we’ve done a pretty good job at protecting them so far.

As far as the pension, you are wrong on how we feel. The company has to pay a considerable amount of money to get the IAM out of the pension. If they were willing to pay that, then the IAM pension would have been froze. But they weren’t willing to pay the amount. So as of right now, the pension for the IAM remains.
And by the way. There are many out there with the IAM that are glad about that.

Yes, the IAM should be quite smug in what they've accomplished.

And hopefully the TWU will be shown the door for their massive failures.

The TWU is like a neutered cat. Whatever happened when they sold out the members by joining the Association we don't know. You can bet it was a dirty deal and an obvious disgrace to unionism. This Association will take a huge hit when the AMTs take a hike and I think they will be successful in their card drive. What goes around comes around. What an enormous error to treat your members as the TWU did and think they could just skate without repercussions. Just a total utter disgrace. The IAM reps come on here and I see no point in that since there is nothing you can say to members that have been raked over the coals like this.What is it now, 4 or 5 years? I lost track. This is way past stupid to screw people like this and expect them to have any respect at all for their representation. Just awful.

Reactions: thisjobsux
The TWU is like a neutered cat. Whatever happened when they sold out the members by joining the Association we don't know. You can bet it was a dirty deal and an obvious disgrace to unionism. This Association will take a huge hit when the AMTs take a hike and I think they will be successful in their card drive. What goes around comes around. What an enormous error to treat your members as the TWU did and think they could just skate without repercussions. Just a total utter disgrace. The IAM reps come on here and I see no point in that since there is nothing you can say to members that have been raked over the coals like this.What is it now, 4 or 5 years? I lost track. This is way past stupid to screw people like this and expect them to have any respect at all for their representation. Just awful.
As of today it has been FOUR YEARS and 208 DAYS since negotiations were to start according to the Association. Pathetic and disgraceful.

As of today it has been FOUR YEARS and 208 DAYS since negotiations were to start according to the Association. Pathetic and disgraceful.
Yep it’s pretty sad when all other represented groups on property are beginning to bargain for contract number 2 and we don’t even have one.
Yes pathetic is one word for it

With the merger, it wasn’t the IAM,s job to get out of the way, we had members to represent. And we were not just going to walk away from them.
It was your unions job to go to the nmb and declare they had 50% of the combined membership. I don’t know why they chose not to. There are many different opinions out there.
I’m fine with you blaming the IAM for not bowing down if that’s what you expected us to do.
Thats actually an honest answer. Basically the twu shrieked its responsibility to its membership and fucked us. The iam did their job very well.

We had dues paying members to protect. You are 100% correct. And I think we’ve done a pretty good job at protecting them so far.

As far as the pension, you are wrong on how we feel. The company has to pay a considerable amount of money to get the IAM out of the pension. If they were willing to pay that, then the IAM pension would have been froze. But they weren’t willing to pay the amount. So as of right now, the pension for the IAM remains.
And by the way. There are many out there with the IAM that are glad about that.
Also a very honest answer. The penalty for the company to exit the pension would be very similar to the legal loop hole that the association is for the iam. But ultimately its the twu that should have approached the nmb with the majority. If your a twu member and still refuse to sign a card. I just dont know what to say

I could not have said it any better then that! Thank you talos, no hard feelings but hopefully the drive will successful and we can leave this mess behind

And what does seniority have to do with that? They were dovetailed, actually they didnt even solve it javits did.

If the IAM backed away the TWU would have wanted to benefit y’all over us and McCaskill/Bond wouldn’t have done much for IAM IMO.

If the IAM backed away the TWU would have wanted to benefit y’all over us and McCaskill/Bond wouldn’t have done much for IAM IMO.
You have to be kidding? The twu benefit the membership? That hasnt happened in years. The way the twu would have woked it is to probably staple us below them.
Geez, help your membership sign a card

Thats actually an honest answer. Basically the twu shrieked its responsibility to its membership and fucked us. The iam did their job very well.

The end doesn't justify the means. The IAM is a criminal accomplice.

The end doesn't justify the means. The IAM is a criminal accomplice.

Agreed.

During the lead up to the merger when there was talk (Lies) about how we were going to be able to vote for our representation, I kept asking myself "I'm gonna have to vote on a union. Now, which one sucks the least?"

And the rest is history!

Reactions: swamt
Agreed.

During the lead up to the merger when there was talk (Lies) about how we were going to be able to vote for our representation, I kept asking myself "I'm gonna have to vote on a union. Now, which one sucks the least?"

And the rest is history!
Ahhhhhh, the mysterious question #5. If the association can't bring you the #5 question then we will bring it ourselves. Sign a card and make the association true to its word. Vote them out. We have control of our future to get rid of the corrupt, dysfunctional TWU and IAM.

Reactions: Kev3188

how could that have happened? this was a merger, not an acquisition of aa acquiring us air nor us air acquiring aa. aa acquired twa and the rest is history that could not have been repeated with this merger.

observe what happened with passenger service? union lus and non-union aa. they voted in the cwa and seniorities merged. never heard former non-union aa agents complain about seniority.

i did hear a former twa agent tried to sneak in twa's seniority, but the maneuver failed.

Latest posts