AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

how could that have happened? this was a merger, not an acquisition of aa acquiring us air nor us air acquiring aa. aa acquired twa and the rest is history that could not have been repeated with this merger.

Exactly.

observe what happened with passenger service? union lus and non-union aa. they voted in the cwa and seniorities merged. never heard former non-union aa agents complain about seniority.

Same story with NW & DL. We all ultimately merged using straight DOH (obviously allowed under M-B). I've never heard any complaints, either.

We had dues paying members to protect. You are 100% correct. And I think we’ve done a pretty good job at protecting them so far.
You have absolutely done a good job at protecting your members. But let me say this, the loudmouths who are in hiding always accused others of being in the "I got mine" crowd because we wanted to vote on something. Well, that comment by CB is not only true, it not only shouts "I got mine", it goes a step further, throws unionism out the window and screams"WE GOT OURS". Again, Sito, along with lapdog Garcia are allowing the minority in a majority driven industry to hold up negotiations for 4-5 years now. Even worse, they have done it with lies and deceit. Yep, with becoming anti union, with the lies, and with the help of our cowardly TWU reps, you damn sure have "done a pretty good job at protecting" your own. That is the whole idea of the Association, is it not???

For some reason i was under the impression that p-rez was a twu president on the west coast does anyone know?

I had a busy day yesterday and didn’t have time to be on here to respond. But no I have no agenda to find out info about amfa. This is mainly a mechanics card drive right now, I’m not a mechanic, nor represent mechanics.
And no, I’m not on my way to Dc. I am on the fleet service IAM side of the negotiating committee. I already said the whole team wasn’t going next week. The executive team is. I’m not on the executive team.
I’m not here to stop anyone from doing what they feel they need to do. I was merely answering a question from a post about dates for negotiations when I first responded, and stating that all the dates we knew of as of now. I even told the guys that talked about amfa “ more power to them”.

Suggesting they check with a former Nw mechanic is not a scare tactic unless someone is easy to scare. I’m not speaking for the former NW mechanics that are now DL mechanics. I’m speaking of the thousands that lost their jobs. If your confident in amfa, you shouldn’t mind them checking with them either. I have over the years spoke to several of them.
I’m not here to debate you or anyone on what you think is best. Everyone has their opinion.
And I don’t criticize anyone on here for their opinions. I mainly try to answer the questions that I have info for. And just so you don’t think I’m running to start the coup going about the amfa drive, I only have a hour or so to check this site today. So when I don’t respond, I guess you can start the spin again.

Actually I encourage the folks to contact any and all X-NWA mechanics. And they will find that your suggested response is inaccurate. As Kev has already said and myself too, we have not come across a single X-NWA mechanic (and yes including all that lost their jobs) that regret what they did.
Enough of the 15 year old NWA fiasco.
Why not use your time wisely on here and give detailed info on exactly what changes are being made in all the articles that are currently T/A'ed on? Why not tell all what the seniority integration is for the CC's, leads, insp's and other premium positions? Why is the asso and NC so scared to allow the membership know the details? Withholding information from the membership will do nothing but divide and confuse causing misinformation, rumors and flat out confusion as most are in YOUR asso. You guys are freaking pathetic! And for you to say you don't care what the mechanics do is complete BS and you know it. This asso as well as you are worried to death about AMFA coming in. Not saying it would destroy the asso., but I am saying they will feel it big time. And at least it will get 2 more industrial unions out from representing mechanics in the airline industry.
If you really do not care what the mechanics do then encourage it. Throw out your support. Get the asso. to back off and agree to a vote for mechanic and related new representation. I say put up or shut up. Put the asso up against AMFA for a vote and let's see what happens.
I will end with this CB, if this contract is not industry leading across the board for the AA'ers mechanic and related, the asso. will be history. And BTW; everything that was stolen from them for the last 3 decades by this agree happy union at AA, should be restored fully and even padded a bit now that record numbers are being reached. Leaving these guys in the dark for so long is what brought all this on.
I do wish you luck in these next set nego's. But we will never know since they are keeping everyone in the dark with no info, no details, no nothing...

Because one fleet negotiator thinks it’s the wrong time to change, turns into the association trying to capitalize on fear?
Lol. Some on here post like such big bad asses, but as soon as someone has a difference of opinion, you get all worried about people getting scared. Again, not trying to spread fear or scaring anyone, was just giving my opinion.
I said a long time ago on here ( go back and read if you want) that I understand people’s frustrations with the association, especially if I was a TWU mechanic and had such a majority over the IAM mechanic.

Ok. I'll bite and give you the benefit of the doubt.
So tell us exactly why it is your opinion that this is the wrong time for change in representation for the mechanics and related?? And you do realize this has happened every single time a card drive has started or even mentioned in the past, especially when the TWU was in charge at AA. These guys are so use to current representation as well as the co. stepping in to try and derail any and all AMFA, AMP or any class and craft union representation attempt.
There should have been a vote between the two unions of each carrier TWU-IAM and you know exactly how that would have ended. Not saying this current card drive would not be going on if TWU was the only representational org. for the mechanics, as I think It still would be.
Now again, I will take your word on opinion and we all would love to hear your reasons why it is not a good time? When is it a good time?? And why don't you fleet boys just cut the cord with the mechanics and related and go represent your fleet and other groups with all your attentions and efforts???

Yep it’s pretty sad when all other represented groups on property are beginning to bargain for contract number 2 and we don’t even have one.
Yes pathetic is one word for it
Pathetically ridiculous is my two words.

If the IAM backed away the TWU would have wanted to benefit y’all over us and McCaskill/Bond wouldn’t have done much for IAM IMO.
And like the IAM is not trying to benefit themselves over the TWU ever since the merger took place?? C'mon man!!!

We all look forward to a very "detailed" update from both of you guys after today or after this weeks 2 days of nego's. If you are not willing to give "all" the details then stop with the BS that you are all about representing the membership...

For CB and P Rez

Reactions: Rogallo
Couldn’t do that because of seniority.

If your referring to me? Please post what question you asked that I did not answer.

We all look forward to a very "detailed" update from both of you guys after today or after this weeks 2 days of nego's. If you are not willing to give "all" the details then stop with the BS that you are all about representing the membership...
For CB and P Rez

There fixed it.

I think HP was twu on the ramp when the merger happened,but I can’t be sure, if so he may have been a president at one time

as far as i've known in 33 years, the twu only represented aa and southwest ramp. i believe america west was non-union and they were paid non-union wages prior to america west and us air getting together.

i knew a c/c that became a supervisor in phx, actually 2..but anyways, he told me former america west ramp leads in phx told him that they were earning $10/hr prior to their merger with us air.

prez - with the led zeppelin avatar, i believe his hot topic/specialty is insurance. maybe he is on iam's negotiating team, the tier 2 group. i have no problem with him, just think he said that about seniority to justify anything about the fact that the iam is THE player in these talks.

i saw 2 things in the past 2 business days -

aa said that 4q19 trasm will come in the low end.

aa said on jetnet that it's consumer website averaged a record $60 million a day in sales over a 3 day span.

we all need a deal to clear the air. the fact that aa's trasm will come in at low end, the head honchos will be even more scrutinized by the board, let alone wall street.

Reactions: swamt