AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

For some reason i was under the impression that p-rez was a twu president on the west coast does anyone know?

Yes, I was TWU Local 580 President for America West Fleet Service from 2004 until the US/AW merger in PHX.

Yes, I was TWU Local 580 President for America West Fleet Service from 2004 until the US/AW merger in PHX.

wow, i had no clue the twu represented america west at one time.

so, when you guys merged, was there an election between iam and twu? if so, obviously the iam won.

if there was an election for total fleet union representation for your merger (aw-us), why wasn't there one for our merger (aa-us)?

so, when you guys merged, was there an election between iam and twu? if so, obviously the iam won.

if there was an election for total fleet union representation for your merger (aw-us), why wasn't there one for our merger (aa-us)?
There was an election, there was also a real ugly uncalled for incident between IAM and TWU members.If i recall the IAM used the "if you dont vote youll lose union representation and company will take everything away" tactic.They did not use the merits of being an IAM member.

So if you’re like CB, your members (IAM) are your #1 priority although you led the TWU...What a ***ked up web this Association weaves!

i'm working under the assumption, since President glandular problem wasn't removed after the bloody labor battle coment, the fix is in, and Trumka is keeping him around to make himself look leaner and smarter, and also get rid of the twu, which was his original plan i think. the backdraft, amfa, and no contract for twu. Is twu ramp going to go begging to the honorable Trumka to do something? and will he recommend to the Honorable rosen to merge with iam.

A month since last update. Just rumors from ramp guys.

$1000 a year I’m forced to pay the union to work at AA, a $1000 a year I’m forced to pay the union to have the worst contract in the industry, for the last 17 years!

The Association will blame AA, but the other employees not represented by The Association have been enjoying the success of AA for YEARS while we have not.

What would the FIM say is the problem?

Reactions: swamt

There never was an election. The IAM Paid the TWU x amount of money and accreted the members. The TWU members would have gotten pissed since they didn't want IAM but the IAM also agreed to do a letter of agreement and give the America West members half of our USAir profit sharing. Thus, LUS peeps ended up shortchanged.
The only other IAM/TWU arrangement was with AirTran and Southwest. I just directed the AirTran organizing victory but then the IAM botched those negotiations and the AirTran IAM represented rampers got 1 for 2 days in seniority unless they worked and stayed in ATL.

As bad as the Associaiton is, I supported it until LUS and me got our seniority recognized. Otherwise, TWU ATD is known to hose over merged seniority list. I myself would have been very uncomfortable putting my seniority in the hands of the TWU although TWU members no doubt would have been MUCH farther ahead in seniority and $$$ without the Association. That said, LUS members like me are now losing thousands with the association which has been the absolute worst union ever.

Just another reason not to get involved with a pension. More and more companies are running like hell from them and switching over to 401K's.
Don't let this asso force you guys into the pension, get a better matching 401K. And I only hope you guys get a better match than us for an ILC 401K retirement program...

FedEx mounts big-money push to head off unionization by US ...

"FedEx is also changing its pension plan in 2020, eliminating it for new hires who will be offered a 401k plan instead, while giving current employees the choice to keep their current plans or opt in to the 401k."

There never was an election. The IAM Paid the TWU x amount of money and accreted the members. The TWU members would have gotten pissed since they didn't want IAM but the IAM also agreed to do a letter of agreement and give the America West members half of our USAir profit sharing. Thus, LUS peeps ended up shortchanged.
The only other IAM/TWU arrangement was with AirTran and Southwest. I just directed the AirTran organizing victory but then the IAM botched those negotiations and the AirTran IAM represented rampers got 1 for 2 days in seniority unless they worked and stayed in ATL.

As bad as the Associaiton is, I supported it until LUS and me got our seniority recognized. Otherwise, TWU ATD is known to hose over merged seniority list. I myself would have been very uncomfortable putting my seniority in the hands of the TWU although TWU members no doubt would have been MUCH farther ahead in seniority and $$$ without the Association. That said, LUS members like me are now losing thousands with the association which has been the absolute worst union ever.
I remember an incident in PHL where TWU organizers were assaulted by IAM members.I also remember the union propaganda Im pretty sure we voted but it could have been for something else Clt rat??

I remember an incident in PHL where TWU organizers were assaulted by IAM members.I also remember the union propaganda Im pretty sure we voted but it could have been for something else Clt rat??
The brawl at that time got Tony Armidio canned from the company. Other folks were terminated but i believe got their jobs back.

no we never did, we only voted on the contract afterwards, I think it happen pretty much like Tim said, they were bought out.