AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

no we never did, we only voted on the contract afterwards, I think it happen pretty much like Tim said, they were bought out.
That is the first time i have seen that!
Proof that anything can happen in this world!
You agreed with Timmy!

Next thing you know we will have a jcba!

no we never did, we only voted on the contract afterwards, I think it happen pretty much like Tim said, they were bought out.
Well what was the philly incident about then? I clearly remember the stewards saying we can lose everything.perhaps at one time they were going to vote, i didnt.read what tim said

The Philly deal I think their were TWU guys I guess feeling the water on representing fleet and some goons kicked their ass. Mysteriously things worked out between them later on

That is the first time i have seen that!
Proof that anything can happen in this world!
You agreed with Timmy!

Next thing you know we will have a jcba![/QUOTE/] I laughed out loud at this, but it does happen sometimes. That’s the way I remember it happening too.. I don’t know about the jet blue stuff but I think the TWU had a price and the IAM was willing to pay it actually we paid it.

The Philly deal I think their were TWU guys I guess feeling the water on representing fleet and some goons kicked their ass. Mysteriously things worked out between them later on
Maybe they threatned the twu into the association?

Got it....hope you're either on the mend or full recovery

I remember the TWU “stepping aside” (for lack of a better term), and there never being a vote. There are tons of posts about it on here if anyone wants to dig for them?

I remember the TWU “stepping aside” (for lack of a better term), and there never being a vote. There are tons of posts about it on here if anyone wants to dig for them?
I'd rather dig through here and see how many alias's 700 used...:)

Reactions: Kev3188
No vote, $500,000 paid to TWU to walk away, fight was because TWU was a threat to IAM representation of the fleet service employees after the merger.
It was during that time i probably heard the propaganda. Thanks

I get sent news about quill scholarship, but nothing about contract negotiations.

I’ve been reading the AA - IAM contract for AMTs. How disappointing, not a very good non bankruptcy contract. Very disturbing that these two unions who have negotiated contracts that are subpar on their own but now the 2 of them are negotiating a contract while having a divided membership (not one voice one union).

If we ever get a new contract, I’m expecting the best contract ever, with the power of 2 unions, 35k members, AFL CIO and taking 4 years to negotiate.

Reactions: Kev3188
The brawl at that time got Tony Armidio canned from the company. Other folks were terminated but i believe got their jobs back.

I remember some of that. And yes, some did get their jobs back. Just don't know if all did.