AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

The bill May prevent pay cuts and RIFS, but it doesn’t prevent cuts in hours.

Nice thought in theory, and I hope for all our sake it's true, but is a sense, American and Delta are being nationalized just like GM (Government Motors) in '08.

We are running about 3 weeks behind the Italy infection curve. How soon do you think an Italian will be ready to hop on Alitalia?

https://www.businessinsider.com/cor...ize-alitalia-airline-under-rescue-plan-2020-3

What do you think they are going to do? Let us sit around a crowded break room with our feet up and wait for the next plane with people on it? Good luck to us all........

Bullet point list:
1- Vote yes to pass contract.
2- Release court injunction against IAM/TWU.
3- Corral all the groups under unified contract.
4- Declare FORCE MAJEURE.
5- Mass layoffs and paycuts.
6- Huge bonuses to executives.
7- Massive stock buybacks to enrich shareholders.
8- American emerges on the other side of this a much smaller company. Just without you.
If AA takes the money which they will buybacks are prevented no bonuses are allowed. These items were made clear to the airlines if they get the money.
But believe whatever you want

If AA takes the money which they will buybacks are prevented no bonuses are allowed. These items were made clear to the airlines if they get the money.
But believe whatever you want

After SARS and 9-11, these airline should have been using the last 6 years of record profits to put into a company bank account to weather such downturns.

Instead it's been record bonuses and stock buybacks to the already rich shareholders. Delta and American being some of the worst offenders.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/co...t-of-the-coronavirus-and-politics-51584908991

This time it'll be different. Trust us............

I know don’t trust AA management but in the stimulus bill the airlines were clear they needed the money to prevent massive layoffs and if AA chooses that way anyway the bad PR that they would get for that would be huge.
Ok call me an optimist but I just don’t see a big lay-off for that reason
I hope I’m not wrong
Have they been honest and truthful in anything?

Reactions: swamt
Just for clarity, our base pay at DL isn’t getting cut- our hours worked are. If you work 40 now, you’ll be working 30/week for April/May/June. They may pare back our shifts, or people can take a week off each month- the end run would be the same.

Just for clarity, our base pay at DL isn’t getting cut- our hours worked are. If you work 40 now, you’ll be working 30/week for April/May/June. They may pare back our shifts, or people can take a week off each month- the end run would be the same.

That is because you are Family! We Team members might not be so lucky.

You could volunteer for 1-2 week leaves, or take a 30/60/90 day leave. All benefits stay intact while off (medical premiums are paused until you return).

At the station level, they are also granting daily PTO (like an unpaid DAT day) for pretty much anyone that wants it.

Medical premiums paused? Wow, Doug will never do that.

After 9-11 I don't remember if USAirways declared force majour but I do remember being told to stay home and was paid 4 hours. Only a few senior mechanics were allowed to work there regular schedules at my station. Does anyone remember what happened in PIT? Didn't they tell whole shifts to stay home for four hours pay? Seniority be damned.

I remember after 9/11 feeling like we would do anything to survive, only to find out the top 50 were well protected. American airlines takes every opportunity to squander any good will from its employees. I havent seen that spirit at american in decades. I wonder if it actually exists at delta or if its like american where they just ignore reality and act like the emperor has no clothes. I have absouloutly no trust and or faith in management or the association. Would i take a pay cut or reduced hours to help? Absouloutly no. They haven proven they take advantage of every opportunity offered them. Declare bankruptcy or liquidate im done helping

That is because you are Family! We Team members might not be so lucky.

I may have misstated “Family” oops.

“To: Delta Colleagues Worldwide”

“This is a defining moment for Delta and our industry, and I assure you our team is up to the challenge.”

This is unprecedented territory for sure with the airlines, far worse than 9/11 but the difference is the airlines are a bit better finically then they were then.
Do I trust the AA management team, that would be no, however I feel this could be their chance to get it right this time as they grow the airline once we get back from this in mid summer.
Yes would love to see Doug removed but I just don’t see it unless he does some more stupid s...t with the money from the feds