AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

This is unprecedented territory for sure with the airlines, far worse than 9/11 but the difference is the airlines are a bit better finically then they were then.
Do I trust the AA management team, that would be no, however I feel this could be their chance to get it right this time as they grow the airline once we get back from this in mid summer.
Yes would love to see Doug removed but I just don’t see it unless he does some more stupid s...t with the money from the feds
Its just not parker its carty and a long list between the two. The only one i thought could have been different under the right circumstances woukd have been Arpey.
Will the get it right this time? Doubtful very doubtful. They have no idea how employees affect customer service

After 9-11 I don't remember if USAirways declared force majour but I do remember being told to stay home and was paid 4 hours. Only a few senior mechanics were allowed to work there regular schedules at my station. Does anyone remember what happened in PIT? Didn't they tell whole shifts to stay home for four hours pay? Seniority be damned.

Of course they did. They decimated us.

Here's a good read from the day:
(Substitute 2020 for 2001)

http://dollarsandsense.org/archives/2002/0502ward.html

Just for clarity, our base pay at DL isn’t getting cut- our hours worked are. If you work 40 now, you’ll be working 30/week for April/May/June. They may pare back our shifts, or people can take a week off each month- the end run would be the same.

What if we cut your hours to 0 per week for the next 3 months and just not call it a "lay off"?

Trust us.......

After SARS and 9-11, these airline should have been using the last 6 years of record profits to put into a company bank account to weather such downturns.

Instead it's been record bonuses and stock buybacks to the already rich shareholders. Delta and American being some of the worst offenders.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/co...t-of-the-coronavirus-and-politics-51584908991

This time it'll be different. Trust us............
Because they hid behind the Bankruptcy laws that made it easy to start over and screw the employees and the bill collectors.
Those laws have been strengthened up a bit but AA has the BK king in control. AmericaWest, USAIR x2 and AA.

What if we cut your hours to 0 per week for the next 3 months and just not call it a "lay off"?

Trust us.......
What really sucks is that some people that work in other fields were sent home but not layed off. The company will tell you that they will call you to work as needed. So now you can't file for unemployment because you were not let go. You were put on standby working one or two days a week for four hours a day.

Because they hid behind the Bankruptcy laws that made it easy to start over and screw the employees and the bill collectors.
Those laws have been strengthened up a bit but AA has the BK king in control. AmericaWest, USAIR x2 and AA.

You had to get me started on bankruptcy.

I remember one of our POS CEO's, in our revolving door of CEO's, posted on the bulletin board after a bankruptcy (paraphrase):

"Some of you are wondering why you were made to sacrifice during this bankruptcy and we gave bonuses to the management and executives. These are our key players and decision makers and we must keep them motivated, or else they will leave for other companies and become our competition."

Here's the pile of crap right here:
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/4781677/ns/business-us_business/t/us-airs-president-ceo-abruptly-quits/

What really sucks is that some people that work in other fields were sent home but not layed off. The company will tell you that they will call you to work as needed. So now you can't file for unemployment because you were not let go. You were put on standby working one or two days a week for four hours a day.

In many states, this example WOULD qualify for unemployment..your weekly payment would simply minus any hours worked. Plus, now that the new stimulus includes an extra $600 weekly benefit on top of your state weekly benefit....I think many folks will be fine for the short term.

There are a lot of people here that are worried about a reduction in force, you can call it whatever you want.
If the airlines layoff all of us off we will now be eligible for unemployment, and whatever else the government is going to do for the un-employed workers of USA.

After the virus goes away, we would assume we would get recalled, but at that time we all would need to get re-badged at the airports we all work at. Background checks all take time. We also would have to get re-established into the medical plans, 401k, payroll, and AA and the Association will have to figure out what shift we will be working and days off. Also unless I am mistaken we will be bumping the IAM way. Not the old TWU juniority way. The new hires will not come back, since they all went back to the states they came from. Bumping could go on for months The government and the airlines will spend lots of money getting us back to work. That will also keep the pilots from coming back as well since there won't be mechanics there to release the books. There are so many things that cutting heads for a short time period it does not make any business sense. IMHO take a breath, AA is going to ride this out.

Last edited:
85117679_477550269579021_4473849466947895296_n.jpg