AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Just had this sent to me. We will look bad in the eyes of the public through the media. I have a feeling if AA goes through with the agreement if it passes then the government might step in. Honestly it looks bad when you first hear about it. Unless AA can shore up private loans I see roadblocks from the Federal government. You add the past buybacks and equity payouts that AA has been hammered on and now this.

https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/...ssive-pay-hikes-as-taxpayer-bailout-advances/

the 'free beacon' is short for: no unions, all should earn $13.00/hr and the publisher of this patriotic 'news' source should always be a multi-billionaire.

f@(k them.

Reactions: Kev3188
Just had this sent to me. We will look bad in the eyes of the public through the media. I have a feeling if AA goes through with the agreement if it passes then the government might step in. Honestly it looks bad when you first hear about it. Unless AA can shore up private loans I see roadblocks from the Federal government. You add the past buybacks and equity payouts that AA has been hammered on and now this.

https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/...ssive-pay-hikes-as-taxpayer-bailout-advances/

https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/...ssive-pay-hikes-as-taxpayer-bailout-advances/[/QUOTE]
So just because we had an agreement in place prior to all this craziness we are just supposed to sit back and wait.
BS, screw the guy who wrote this article he has no idea what we have to put up with just to even get this deal completed.

You gotta admit there is gonna be some backlash. 3.3 million people filed for unemployment recently. Right or wrong some folks aren't gonna like the headline of hefty raises and bonus checks post bailout.

that was the 2nd hang-up about the bill, some republican senators took exception to $600+ a week in unemployment, when many don't earn that.

bernie sanders then threatened to block the bill if the repubs changed that amount.

the 1st hang-up was due to the dems requesting money for many of their social issues that have nothing to do with the virus/economy.

the issue is politicized. don't think airline workers are at the forefront of criticism. the airlines were for 2 weeks.

Ok, again maybe I’m a bit optimistic here but from what I’m reading I believe that with this bill the airlines are going to be ok.
Remember all the airlines are in the same boat. They have already made the necessary adjustments to schedules, parking aircraft to slow the losses.
Now they will have the money needed to operate with fewer flights for several more months.
I don’t see any carrier fling bankruptcy at this point.
Down the road in a year or so it’s possible if the people don’t come back flying
This may take longer then after 9/11 but time will tell.
All the airlines will be a bit smaller after this but I think all will survive to become profitable again

i agree. it will take awhile. i saw yesterday that 1 in 5 or 1 in 4 people polled now say that they won't fly for 3-4 months after this crisis ends due to the fear of 1 infected pax on plane.

like the shale oil revolution, american science has been challenged and will answer. therapies in short time and a vaccine by next next year.

it's almost april. my opinion is that some of us had this in feb and didn't even know it. working at airports, standing in line at starbucks for a coffee...

Capture.PNG

if you vote NO this is what you get...

But it is now in the media. CNN or Fox news, makes no difference at this point.
So just because the media doesn’t like us we are suppose to roll over and take big cuts and screw our livelihoods.
Screw them and all their liberal BS to make everyone the same

So just because the media doesn’t like us we are suppose to roll over and take big cuts and screw our livelihoods.
Screw them and all their liberal BS to make everyone the same
i agree with you about all but the politcal leaning bsthe liberals are not the ones that hate unions that is the conservatives that believe you should shut up and do what your company tells you and you have no right to a union or a say in your situation at work "shut up and do what you are told"

But it is now in the media. CNN or Fox news, makes no difference at this point.

if true, just feel honored to be viewed ala an airline ceo or goldman-sachs.

believe me, even if the unemployed got $100 more a week that would send the repubs into an uproar...those people would still begrudge airline workers at $50/hr or $33/hr or $44/hr or $30/hr.

Ive already stated this very thing. When this contract goes through with the bonus and raises, the media will slaughter the airline about begging for the bailout. The airline will then have to find a way to appease the public one way or the other.

Ive already stated this very thing. When this contract goes through with the bonus and raises, the media will slaughter the airline about begging for the bailout. The airline will then have to find a way to appease the public one way or the other.
Why? All of our groups have large contracts are they suppose to make changes to theirs too?
Just because our moron negotiators took so long to get this done should not cost us.
Not to mention the pilots and F/A are getting half pay plus benefits just to sit at home

I will say 1AA. Southwest has done the same with their current "on the table" offers that have been passed in nego's with 3 (I think) groups that they are currently in. They have been told to simply take what is being offered so not to get worse quickly. I will admit that I was a bit surprised that AA kept going forward with their new offer you guys are voting on currently, but very thankful that they are. I honestly hope the gov stays out of the CBA agreements. I also pray that no airlines will have to file for one of the chapters we all hate to hear about.
However, with all that said and praises given, not to say something can, could and quite possibly will come later. Once we are passed the Aug/Sep months if this is still going on and takes a dramatic timeframe to recover I would think we might see some request for temp pay reductions, more time off volunteers, reduced schedules, and possibly even some furloughs, rifs and layoff request might come too. I only hope and pray it does not come to that for any of us at any airline, but, some airlines may not be able to recover as well as some other airlines (smaller and younger airlines).
I just hope you guys are able to live out your new contract if it is voted in today, it's been a long, long time coming to you guys for sure. Good luck.