AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

As they say, an extremely fluid situation going on and one we still do not have a handle on, at least according to the "curve". Not trying to be the pessimist here, because I have no clue what will happen. I do know there are folks a lot worse off than I, so hopefully we do indeed get a grasp and things improve sooner rather than later. I on a personal note am 60 and have heart issues, you can bet I'm being extremely careful.

Stay safe and healthy dude, don't take chances, your chances of recovering are really bad if you get it .

Reactions: AANOTOK
Our leadership team has also asked to participate in lowering our monthly expenses. Effective in April, Robert will reduce his pay by 55% and senior officers will forgo 50% of their pay. Other members of leadership are also stepping forward with pay reductions that will remain in place through the end of June. Because Doug has not taken a cash salary since 2015, he is paid entirely in stock, through a grant made once a year. His grant made at the start of the year is now down almost 50% based on today’s stock price, primarily due to the current crisis. Lastly, our Board of Directors has also asked to participate in this exercise and will forgo all cash compensation through Aug. 30.

Let's not forget last time you took concessions THEY took BONUSES.

They can take that shared sacrifice propaganda and shove it right up their ass.

As they say, an extremely fluid situation going on and one we still do not have a handle on, at least according to the "curve". Not trying to be the pessimist here, because I have no clue what will happen. I do know there are folks a lot worse off than I, so hopefully we do indeed get a grasp and things improve sooner rather than later. I on a personal note am 60 and have heart issues, you can bet I'm being extremely careful.
Very strange situation for sure, and hopefully the government and medical industry ramping things up will start to bear fruit. This virus could be seasonal which would help and give more time for answers. With the entire world now fighting this you would like to think we come up with something sooner than later. As for the company, lots of bad memories of giving back in the past and then left hanging. The present mgmt teams history is not what you like to see in this kind of situation. Can they manage the company through this? We'll have to see.

"The resounding approval of these contracts yet again proves that by standing together and demonstrating our solidarity and determination, we are able to achieve contracts our members deserve,” said Association Chair Sito Pantoja and Vice Chair Alex Garcia. “It is that same resolve that will get us through this unprecedented crisis facing our airline, our industry and our country.”

LMAO

Now, sign a card fence sitters!

Reactions: thisjobsux
"The resounding approval of these contracts yet again proves that by standing together and demonstrating our solidarity and determination, we are able to achieve contracts our members deserve,” said Association Chair Sito Pantoja and Vice Chair Alex Garcia. “It is that same resolve that will get us through this unprecedented crisis facing our airline, our industry and our country.”

LMAO

Now, sign a card fence sitters!
Absolutely! No, wait! If IAM does, they will get their medical taken away and put into the AA plan!

Special Jetwire

upload_2020-3-26_21-12-23.png

A message from David Seymour, Senior Vice President, Operations

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Maintenance & Related and Fleet Service team members ratify new five-year agreement

Fellow team members,

We are pleased to share that our Maintenance & Related and Fleet Service team members, represented by the TWU-IAM Association, have ratified a new five-year joint collective bargaining agreement. In the days and weeks to come, Maintenance & Related and Fleet Service team members will learn more about the implementation timeline and next steps. We want to thank the Association and company negotiators, as well as the National Mediation Board, for working tirelessly to get us to an agreement.

This agreement is a long-awaited milestone for our company. Not only will our Maintenance & Related and Fleet Service colleagues receive an industry-leading contract, but it also marks the first time that all our represented team members — in every workgroup throughout the company — will be working under joint agreements. We look forward to streamlining our operation and delivering better and more reliable service to our customers than ever before.

Thank you for all the hard work and dedication each of you exhibits every day. We appreciate your continued commitment to our customers and to each other. The unity this new contract brings is needed now more than ever as we pull through this unprecedented period.

upload_2020-3-26_21-12-23.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-26_21-11-16.png
    upload_2020-3-26_21-11-16.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 167
  • upload_2020-3-26_21-11-16.png
    upload_2020-3-26_21-11-16.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 183
We were without a contract for years this just brings us to industry standard
YES Al., but, the general public has pretty much no clue that you were without a contract for 5-6 years. THEY also have no clue how much you guys have been thru for the past several decades. We (in the industry) know and understand what you guys have gone thru and now understand you are being brought back up to "industry standards" The general public just sees you guys getting huge % raises and bonuses all the while they, and others are being laid off, and have to stay at home.

All contracts have passed by large margins
Why would ya think any different? Hello. No brainer on this one.

M&R. 90%

Fleet. 95%

Stores/MLS. 92%

Ratified
Are these the % of passing? Or the % of amount that voted? I am in belief that you meant amount of passing?

Special Jetwire

View attachment 15185

A message from David Seymour, Senior Vice President, Operations

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Maintenance & Related and Fleet Service team members ratify new five-year agreement

Fellow team members,

We are pleased to share that our Maintenance & Related and Fleet Service team members, represented by the TWU-IAM Association, have ratified a new five-year joint collective bargaining agreement. In the days and weeks to come, Maintenance & Related and Fleet Service team members will learn more about the implementation timeline and next steps. We want to thank the Association and company negotiators, as well as the National Mediation Board, for working tirelessly to get us to an agreement.

This agreement is a long-awaited milestone for our company. Not only will our Maintenance & Related and Fleet Service colleagues receive an industry-leading contract, but it also marks the first time that all our represented team members — in every workgroup throughout the company — will be working under joint agreements. We look forward to streamlining our operation and delivering better and more reliable service to our customers than ever before.

Thank you for all the hard work and dedication each of you exhibits every day. We appreciate your continued commitment to our customers and to each other. The unity this new contract brings is needed now more than ever as we pull through this unprecedented period.

View attachment 15186
"WILL LEARN MORE ABOUT" Very interesting statement indeed. "Implementation time" Here comes the hidden agreements starting to come out. Welcome to T/A day folks!!!

Latest posts