AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Eagle, Dec 31, 2019.

1. robbedagain

robbedagain Veteran

Passed with the percentage

2. swamt

swamt Veteran

OK thx robbed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. robbedagain

robbedagain Veteran

4. CremaDiLimone

CremaDiLimone Veteran

you're right, no one knows. i try and watch the virus task force press conference as often as i can. today, dr. birx seemed a bit upbeat about a few things, dismissing a projection from oxford university that had some bad numbers. this is where i also saw a younger reporter give his negative personal opinion about the airlines in his question to trump - and trump was very clear that the airlines will not be allowed to fail.

be careful and hopefully summer comes quickly to texas this year. the virus doesn't seem as communicable in warm and humid weather.

• Like Like x 1
  5. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

You might want to check with a lawyer on that. Here's what the actual language is:

In English, the Feds won't require companies to negotiate with unions. That doesn't mean that companies can't negotiate concessions, and I'm sure there will be unions who will negotiate with management to try and reduce layoffs. It's usually worse on union members to have every contractual provision followed to the letter, and as the TWU has done before, trading away pay or workrules in exchange for protecting dues jobs seems to be a preferred path during hard times...

6. skinvalve

skinvalve Senior

It appears everything depends on the DOR (date of ratification). Any guess as to what day that will be?

7. ATD

ATD Senior

9/01/2020.
    After layoffs...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Veteran

If there is a Force Majeure clause, none of this matters.

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/FSupp2/225/822/2566938/
    https://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/stories/2004/06/14/daily9.html

This is the most open/shut case of Force Majeure I can think of.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. 1AA

1AA Veteran

The results of the vote is only a percentage that it passed. It doesn't tell you how many voted. How many voted yes and no. How many eligible voters were allowed to vote. Those numbers are just as important as the results released. Will we see those numbers? Good question. Many ask that they want to see a breakdown by stations and total counts I mentioned. Anyone can say a vote passed by 90%. So if 10 vote and one says no that's your 90% passing. In my opinion it passed as I expected. So it's time to move on.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Rogallo

Rogallo Veteran

I think a powerball win could be a better prediction!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Rogallo

Rogallo Veteran

Hey, someone gets it!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

Exactly!

And even setting that aside, people are focusing solely on not having their base rate cut, and RIFs. This bill doesn’t prevent the cutting of hours worked for employees. You can bet that the C-Suite is looking at every possible way to utilize that.

13. AANOTOK

AANOTOK Veteran

Kev, not sure if you were able to watch the Parker video, but that is exactly what he said, most people will be working less hours...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. swamt

swamt Veteran

I think they do have the FM clause in this contract.

So much for keeping it out of the media, huh?
    That Parker sure is a good talker. Now I see how he got the Pilots and F/A's to get on his side way back when he needed their support for the merger.
    One point he did make was that it was not in stone as of yet IF AA has met the guidelines for getting the 2nd part of the aid that requires them to not layoff or furlough. And IF they do meet it, it is only until Sep 30th. I hope people are stashing $$$ for a big rainy day. Hope we all come out of this untouched and the airline industry gets to take back off by summer again...