AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Read this article this morning. I took notice that they say once they cut management and admin by 30% they will look at Pilots and F/A's. They said nothing about mechanic and related. Could it be that they are not looking so hard at the mechanic and related at AA? They will still be needed to keep aircraft moving, flying, maintained, and of course getting them ready to pop back into the air when the calling comes.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/u-major-airlines-roll-more-162614545.html

Read this article this morning. I took notice that they say once they cut management and admin by 30% they will look at Pilots and F/A's. They said nothing about mechanic and related. Could it be that they are not looking so hard at the mechanic and related at AA? They will still be needed to keep aircraft moving, flying, maintained, and of course getting them ready to pop back into the air when the calling comes.

My take? The fix is in. We probably will hear from the association how hard they worked to preserve our dues. I mean jobs. The history of the twu is to offer more then asked for. Recent history is to take a back seat to the iam. Wonder how its going to work for tge membership.

I can only hope WE wont be stupid again and fall for the BS they pulled in 03, pay cuts, layoffs, no snap back....As a whole, WE are idiots sometimes.....

Listen, it doesn't matter what happens between now and Oct.1st. There will be many (I stop short of massive) layoffs. The payback of the Gov loan and the debt this management failed to deal with during the stock buyback episode has to be and will be dealt with. You and I will pay they that debt to an extent. I have heard (and please take it from unreliable sources) that the ask is along with layoffs (which could be minimized a "tad" with this cut) is a paycut of 12%. The pay would be given back if certain parameters are met (load factor, money made and not necessarily profits among other things). Again, I don't post much anymore as you can see as I have 37 years and looking at leaving with the next buyout. I will not debate this post because I have no clue of the validity of it and is something I was told...no fairy or alien, just someone who talks to folks.

They're shrinking the fleet .If there are 2 or 3 hundred less planes they will obviously need less employees ,that's all groups

They're shrinking the fleet .If there are 2 or 3 hundred less planes they will obviously need less employees ,that's all groups

True. Yet, some groups will be impacted more than others. Highly unlikely it will be a straight and uniform percentage across all seniority lists for those who get the axe.

Listen, it doesn't matter what happens between now and Oct.1st. There will be many (I stop short of massive) layoffs. The payback of the Gov loan and the debt this management failed to deal with during the stock buyback episode has to be and will be dealt with. You and I will pay they that debt to an extent. I have heard (and please take it from unreliable sources) that the ask is along with layoffs (which could be minimized a "tad" with this cut) is a paycut of 12%. The pay would be given back if certain parameters are met (load factor, money made and not necessarily profits among other things). Again, I don't post much anymore as you can see as I have 37 years and looking at leaving with the next buyout. I will not debate this post because I have no clue of the validity of it and is something I was told...no fairy or alien, just someone who talks to folks.
im will be looking very closely myself at the next offer. as far as giving anything back as far as im concerned no. any promises this team makes is not worth the paper its written on.

As long as they keep the 20 year airbuses they are going to need mechanics. We are swamped with usair structure and tail problems right now.

Thanks for clarification. I kinda thought as much, but was a bit hopeful that the mechanic and related will not take such a hard hit as they did last time. Here's to hopes that the LF's and flying public will help us all out by the end of this year. I would also hope that IF there is a need for rif it can come after the new year and we can get thru the holidays. Pulling the rif move on Oct 1st will not look good as it will look like the gov HAD to step in to save the airlines, and the airlines would have failed without the gov. intervention of aid.
Curious question; anyone hearing of a second aid coming in the form of saving jobs to help keep the airlines in a status to return back quickly for an economy boost overall?

Then.. if the Company needs to shrink, do a Lay Off in accordance with the agreement that took 4+ years to agree to... no extra, extraneous BS....

This is where we can get into trouble... looking for ways to circumvent the agreement and help the company.... BS... ... Make them do what must be done iaw the agreement...

Then.. if the Company needs to shrink, do a Lay Off in accordance with the agreement that took 4+ years to agree to... no extra, extraneous BS....
Sounds good but saving jobs saves union dues. The union will say help out you fellow union brothers from getting laid off by taking a pay cut. In reality the union doesn't want to take the pay cut either.

Sounds good but saving jobs saves union dues. The union will say help out you fellow union brothers from getting laid off by taking a pay cut. In reality the union doesn't want to take the pay cut either.
I’m all for helping those who may be laid off but this will be my 3rd time around with this and I’m tired of going backwards again in pay.
Layoffs are just a part of the deal so suck it up and leave our pay alone