AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

You are aware that those numbers have improved because of the injunction right??
So let’s not all jump and say that AA is being careful at what they say or don’t.
Those numbers have improved and of course they have all because of the injunction.

really? the numbers improved just because of the injunction, not because they hired nearly 800 more laa AMTs?

so, if the company argues that there were enough AMTs, so 'it had to be an action', why did they hire nearly 800 more laa AMTs? no one here from the iam side has told us how many more lus AMTs the company hired in 2019.

if there were some rogue AMTs who threatened other AMTs not to sign up for OT or not to go on field trips, did the company discipline these AMTs? if not, why not?

Just listened to Local 591 conference call. Talks are still going on today. Gary Shiable said they came dangerously close to a deal yesterday. Evidently everything is done and agreed on except pay. Going after more than 2% annual raises. I'm just passing on what I heard. So, if this info is legit, could come to a TA very soon.
Sounds very legit. Thx for sharing. Not trying to read into it too much, but, could you elaborate a bit on the phrase "dangerously close"? Could just mean that it was "extremely" close to a deal. Or could you tell if they maybe didn't like the "deal" and called it "dangerously close" as maybe they did not like most of it?? Asking about their demeanor at the time of delivering being close to a deal.
Sad we have to decipher so much as they still give no details. And remember the last update given by the asso. was 14th of Dec which was a Saturday, so maybe they will have something this afternoon, tonight or tomorrow as far as an update.

Yeay!!! Yes you know what i meant!! Had just been out of bed for a min, lol.
Gotcha. I will get better at knowing what ya mean as you post more and more.
Looks like you guys might be getting an AIP soon, I say "finally" at least something to look at after 5 years. That's about the same time frame we received our first votable offer, then another year after we shot the first one down. The question is, will it be an ILC offer that the asso. has promised. Hopefully alot of restoration will be in it.

Time to dust off the old quotes that come out with a T/A

"This is as good as it's gonna get"

"The next one could be worse"

And the most famous of all....."We'll get 'em next time brother"
GS got bad info on call. No contract is coming. The only difference wasnt from the company but the nmb which reportedly notified the union that the union needs to allow a vote or the nmb is washing its hands of this

Time to dust off the old quotes that come out with a T/A

"This is as good as it's gonna get"

"The next one could be worse"

And the most famous of all....."We'll get 'em next time brother"

And:
"That's the best we could do!" Kinda same as your 1st one...

"If you guys don't vote this one in, jobs will be lost"

Reactions: Rogallo
.Jajajajajajaja. OK. That was the problem. :rolleyes:

if it wasn't the problem, the company hired nearly 800 more laa AMTs to sit around and play cards?

this coming after grounding the 737max...thousands of less flights/cycles. did that mean that older equipment got used for more flights/cycles and those aircraft needed attention?

you never answered - if you were local president in a hub and 200 envoy called in sick; the station manager calls you personally and asks you to have aa do envoy work:

do you do it because you have to? because you can score points with station manager for future stuff (local agreements/bring fired losers back)?

GS got bad info on call. No contract is coming. The only difference wasnt from the company but the nmb which reportedly notified the union that the union needs to allow a vote or the nmb is washing its hands of this
AKA....Cool off period.
NMB will not just get up and walk away unless both sides agree to the next step of Arbitration binding or not. Then comes a PEB. The last is Congress will implement a contract that is 100% binding. I doubt it will get that far. The threats will come from all parties since the APA contract is currently in the Amendable phase.

Reactions: swamt

Not agreeing here, but could it be what the phrase "dangerously close" meant? Interesting. I say good. Bring it out for a vote. The majority like it, good. If not vote it down, make the needed adjustments, fix the 2% outgoing years, full retro, better bonus, and please above SWA pay rates for the ILC promised. Then press on with the energetic AMFA card drive for AMFA 2020!!!

AKA....Cool off period.
NMB will not just get up and walk away unless both sides agree to the next step of Arbitration binding or not. Then comes a PEB. The last is Congress will implement a contract that is 100% binding. I doubt it will get that far. The threats will come from all parties since the APA contract is currently in the Amendable phase.

i don't believe it will get to that..the BOD will intercede and dump parker & isom - then they can play hardball on a contract with kansas cropdusters.

I wonder if title 1 got 7 weeks VC which is now industry standard. Industry leading would be 7 weeks and 1 day. So at least we should get the standard. That's just one article I'm interested in as well as others.
Hope you get 7 weeks.

Not agreeing here, but could it be what the phrase "dangerously close" meant? Interesting. I say good. Bring it out for a vote. The majority like it, good. If not vote it down, make the needed adjustments, fix the 2% outgoing years, full retro, better bonus, and please above SWA pay rates for the ILC promised. Then press on with the energetic AMFA card drive for AMFA 2020!!!
Personally, i think the amfa card drive should press on without pause since it is about finally gaining control of your craft and voice. Imo its about the constitution so i doubt any ta or no ta really matters.
As far as "Holding out for 3% instead of 2%" you already know that is bs.
Everytime we came out with a TA, prior to a vote, the company added a tweak more.

Who was on the call Vort?

It was hosted by Gary Shiable, I heard Russ Dittmer, and others from around the system. Miami chimed in, LAX chimed in, pretty much union reps from all represented stations. Shiable claimed the IAM calls for picketing were complete BS. He does follow the rumors on this forum as well as Facebook.

Reactions: we're screwed