AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Hope you get 7 weeks.

Company was willing to match UAL's 7 weeks, but then we would have to match their pay vs match SWA plus a buck, and settle for 6 weeks vacation. According to Shiable the SWA pay plus a buck wins because of the $16,000 pay difference - pretty much a no brainer. Evidently Robert Isom has been involved this week via the phone to move things along as they continue to talk today.

They are also pursuing a larger signing bonus, that would be more in line with the value of retro.
Thats not true, at least not for fleet. The only thing on the table, and already agreed to was full retro....at least for fleet. Gosh i hope you are right but if they already agreed to retro in fleet then its likely in Mx.

They are also pursuing a larger signing bonus, that would be more in line with the value of retro.
And btw, for most iam fleet, the signing bonus of $6,000 would be more than full retro.
The first year retro was only a 1% imputation. And for me at top out is close to $5,000. For someone who only been working a couple years at lower wages, its about $500.

I know people like the sound of full retro but its a walk back from the jetnet proposal and saves the company millions. The $6000 was worth more.

I wonder if title 1 got 7 weeks VC which is now industry standard. Industry leading would be 7 weeks and 1 day. So at least we should get the standard. That's just one article I'm interested in as well as others.

Where is 7 weeks standard?

the main source can't be much bigger as it was an email that went out to all of their key people and instructing them to put in for permits to picket due to the company not bending. I don't know Gary whoever but if he is worth anything he would tell his people that there was such an email.
But, hey, if the association finally turns from its actions of ill repute and allows us to vote then great. All I did was mention the email.
BTW, the offer has been on the table. No additional total compensation was added, so I know that is complete BS. The only thing that remains is the damn union agreeing to allow us to vote.
i think we can figure the source of the rumor. sorry i posted it this guy is a fucking idiot. wasnt even aware he was behind it or would have never touched it with a ten foot pole

really? the numbers improved just because of the injunction, not because they hired nearly 800 more laa AMTs?

so, if the company argues that there were enough AMTs, so 'it had to be an action', why did they hire nearly 800 more laa AMTs? no one here from the iam side has told us how many more lus AMTs the company hired in 2019.

if there were some rogue AMTs who threatened other AMTs not to sign up for OT or not to go on field trips, did the company discipline these AMTs? if not, why not?

C'Mon. They hired around 200 between February and August, which is the period of time in question.

There wasn't an issue prior to that or after that. The Association didn't use staffing levels as a defense either.

the come out of the woodwork periodically just to get noticed and then the crawl right back into the woodwork...

Wow such optimism that we may get a TA.
Sorry been fooled to many times.
Don’t see this happening and even if true the IAM or such will get hung up on something stupid and refuse to put it out for vote.
So I say everybody just calm down we are not even close

Reactions: swamt