AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

There definitely discussion between the ass and company whether retro or bonus thats pretty much a fact.Union.wants retro company wants bonus.Should a 5 year agent get as much as a 39 year? Im here a long time and personally dont care either way
Amen bro, I'm here 37 years and I don't care either way...

There definitely discussion between the ass and company whether retro or bonus thats pretty much a fact.Union.wants retro company wants bonus.Should a 5 year agent get as much as a 39 year? Im here a long time and personally dont care either way
ALUS, When it comes to retro or Bonus, if you remember when the Pilots & F/A signed the last contract they got a 4% signing bonus. Which if I am not mistaken we were told we would get as well if we signed. So that should already be there. The fact that the company and the Association have taken this long to work out a deal we should get the retro as well. NOT Either OR... In MY opinion if we get a signing Bonus it should be the same for ALL, Not dependant on years of service
with AA. That is how a true Union is supposed to work. NOT the seniority and IGM attitude which has been here at AA for way toooo LONG.

The fact that the railway Labor act allows airlines to drag on and on negotiations, we should not suffer the financial burden for the lack of concern by both the Unions and company to reach a fair and equitable deal in a reasonable time frame.

ALUS contact your fellow employees, if you are part of the maintenance and Related class and craft, have them sign a AMFA Card

ALUS, When it comes to retro or Bonus, if you remember when the Pilots & F/A signed the last contract they got a 4% signing bonus. Which if I am not mistaken we were told we would get as well if we signed.

It was 4% in pay, not a signing bonus.

Our 4% was included in the 24% we got in 2016. (I know, I know...no we didn't)

It was 4% in pay, not a signing bonus.

Our 4% was included in the 24% we got in 2016. (I know, I know...no we didn't)
Have you thought of going to the state of the airline next week and telling Doug how great and benevolent they are?
Maybe get some pom poms?

SWA caps out at 5 weeks also. Can roll 1 week into following year and can sell back 2 weeks. These are with the new contract we just signed. We did try to get an extra week to 6 weeks but failed do to other issues at hand.

Company was willing to match UAL's 7 weeks, but then we would have to match their pay vs match SWA plus a buck, and settle for 6 weeks vacation. According to Shiable the SWA pay plus a buck wins because of the $16,000 pay difference - pretty much a no brainer. Evidently Robert Isom has been involved this week via the phone to move things along as they continue to talk today.

If that's SWA pay plus a buck for DOS and every year outgoing, hell yes that's a no brainer. You guys will still have 1 more week V than we do with a higher pay structure. Great!!!

I prefer a signing bonus myself if it matches are surpasses retro...

Exactly. Actually all bonuses in Tx. are taxed at 25%. I say as you and as we did at SWA take the bonus as long as it meets or beats the past retro as long as it is a sep. check for the bonus, that is key here.