AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

C'Mon. They hired around 200 between February and August, which is the period of time in question.

There wasn't an issue prior to that or after that. The Association didn't use staffing levels as a defense either.

if there wasn't an issue prior to that, why are you supporting the company's claim that there was an 'issue'?

observe..the company is bragging about 'perfect' days in dec. not in may-jun-jul-aug-sept.

the timeline says the exorbitant amount of laa AMTs hired made a difference by dec.

no one has said how many lus AMTs the company hired in 2019?

maybe the company was understaffed?

Have you thought of going to the state of the airline next week and telling Doug how great and benevolent they are?
Maybe get some pom poms?

34524.jpg

Reactions: Rogallo
Evidently, the full retro pay has tax implications that can be avoided if it is looked at as a signing bonus. Again, Shiables words - not mine, and I'm paraphrasing.

the assoc. should be fighting for both.

no retro = new precedent set. i still have 1 or 2 more contracts after this. no retro means the company can balk for years and then offer a chintzy 'bonus'.

no way should new hires get the same as others who gave back and then got wind-beaten waiting for some candy since late 2015...especially the laa personnel.

the company gave the ticket agents 2.5% a year the last 2 years of their deal and this was before they made the billions in 2016-2017-2018-2019.

stingy.

I would love an official update!!! My local is saying talks ended on Wednesday with just title II left and no new talks scheduled.

So with all this talk about a signing bonus versus retro I have a question. if somebody has recently retired or is planning on retiring Would they be eligible for a retro check since they were on payroll after the amendable date? And if we’re getting signing bonuses I would assume they would not qualify for that.

I would love an official update!!! My local is saying talks ended on Wednesday with just title II left and no new talks scheduled.
So in other words just as I predicted more BS holding up a vote.
As a fleet person I’m tired of having to wait on maint to get a deal and vote, sorry no offense to the main guys and gals but this is costing us freaking money

How pathetic. Union not keeping the membership updated as talks progress. Members are guessing, assuming and predicting what is going on with negotiations. Four years and we are in the dark.

As a fleet person I’m tired of having to wait on maint to get a deal and vote, sorry no offense to the main guys and gals but this is costing us freaking money
Just an FYI....in 2014 maintenance agreement was done and they waited for fleet.

Just an FYI....in 2014 maintenance agreement was done and they waited for fleet.
...and here we sit in 2020. As Charlie Browns comment suggested, the IAM has done a pretty good job of taking care of it's members (YOU GOT YOURS) while the TWU leadership has cowardly sit on their hands while their membership just simply wants a vote...pathetic is a complete understatement.

the assoc. should be fighting for both.

no retro = new precedent set. i still have 1 or 2 more contracts after this. no retro means the company can balk for years and then offer a chintzy 'bonus'.

no way should new hires get the same as others who gave back and then got wind-beaten waiting for some candy since late 2015...especially the laa personnel.

the company gave the ticket agents 2.5% a year the last 2 years of their deal and this was before they made the billions in 2016-2017-2018-2019.

stingy.
CREMADILIMONE; You are correct that the ASSociation should be fighting for BOTH...Whether you have 1 or 3,4, contracts left the IGM and the chintzy Bonus depends on you. If it's a signing bonus then balk about it and vote no you get what you fight for. If you sign then you are accepting what they offer.

LUS got the raises the LAA guy's got and the LUS are paying 17% less in medical costs so why would you want the LAA guys to take less than you? Maybe if you knew what it meant to be a Union member where everyone gets the same you would think different. So when you hit top of the pay scale by your thinking the more senior guys should still get more. I don't think you would want it that way. I am assuming you are LUS employee. The IAM has taught you nothing but to accept what they give you. It's time for all of us to band together for a better life for US and the ones who follow. That is what the Unions of the PAST did.
That is why you have Holiday pay and overtime rates, and all the other Benefits we all enjoy Today.

If you are part of the Maintenance and Related then sign a card and get your fellow employees to do the same. Lets bring a Craft Union to AA...

Reactions: swamt
So with all this talk about a signing bonus versus retro I have a question. if somebody has recently retired or is planning on retiring Would they be eligible for a retro check since they were on payroll after the amendable date? And if we’re getting signing bonuses I would assume they would not qualify for that.
I’m guessing no you would have to on payroll at date of signing

I agree no group should have to wait on another

Latest posts