AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

If one does the math on the reported retro methodology, a low seniority pt fleet would get anywhere between $75-$150. Down from $3,000.
FT would prolly avg $2,000.
The avg mechanic would come out ahead though with retro methodology if the max was only $3000 prior.
All hearsay until confirmed. My only grip is having the union being the administrator and skimming if this comes to pass.

If one does the math on the reported retro methodology, a low seniority pt fleet would get anywhere between $75-$150. Down from $3,000.
FT would prolly avg $2,000.
The avg mechanic would come out ahead though with retro methodology if the max was only $3000 prior.
All hearsay until confirmed. My only grip is having the union being the administrator and skimming if this comes to pass.

If all true, typical union BS, stealing money from those who pay their dues and provide nice fat damn raises for the head union pukes

The company set money aside and used a method where lus ft gets $6,000. All lus pt $3000. Twu gets half.
Alot of the old time mechanics were furious since they would get the same bonus as a 1 year bag smasher.

if all true about a signing bonus:

- the money is underwhelming

- the company must have been/could still be playing a cruel joke upon laa members to propose lus getting double.

- the argument that one title group should get more doesn't fly with me.

- the company must have been/could still be playing a cruel joke upon laa members to propose lus getting double.

I think everyone will be pissed since the majority end up with less than the jetnet proposal. Alot of dumb asses say that retro is better than a bonus due to taxes. But as long as you exempt 60 days out, the high taxes go away.
And retro with only a 1% imputation for year one is a F'n concession. Only 1 F'n percent for 2017, or 2016??? When the company net profit $2.5 billion????
When i heard this bullshit i wanted to throw up. At least 3% the first year but giving 1% and 1.5% then Delta the last year is just a slap in the face.
And i absolute despise the union getting the money and administrating and choosing the methodology cuz those bastards always make things not add up and we wonder where all the money went.

The company set money aside and used a method where lus ft gets $6,000. All lus pt $3000. Twu gets half.
Alot of the old time mechanics were furious since they would get the same bonus as a 1 year bag smasher.
So it became a mess and so the union suggested to the company that it just give the money to the union and the union will provide a retro methodology. To make the math work, the first year only had a 1% imputed raise, the second year was 1.5% and all thereafter 2.5%.
The union will hold back 10% for any discrepencies (basically skimming off the top). In application, 75% of fleet will now get less than the original.
Basically FT topped out will get around 3,000, FT who arent topped out will only get an avg of 1,000. Cut all this in half for part time.
Mechanics will get more than original amounts due to retro being based on wage.
Consider all of the above as hearsay till confirmed but also note that the blue fairy was also the one who broke the news about delta profit sharing, the loss of D3, and the introduction of retro.
That's the problem. Way too many members in the dysfunctional association. One size does not fit all unless your the TWU, IAM and the AFL-CIO dues collector.

I have a question if you feel that time in service should be a factor then what about pay?
If maintenance makes more than fleet then why shouldn't they get a bigger check?
If Title 2 facilities/GSE make more then they should get more as well.
What is your take on that? I made a bigger sacrifice so I should get more? I lost more money than You?

So for me my opinion is that we all work for AA, the Company made so much money, it should be distributed to each employee evenly
no matter what time with AA you have. With maybe one exception those on probation.

I have a question if you feel that time in service should be a factor then what about pay?
If maintenance makes more than fleet then why shouldn't they get a bigger check?
If Title 2 facilities/GSE make more then they should get more as well.
What is your take on that? I made a bigger sacrifice so I should get more? I lost more money than You?

So for me my opinion is that we all work for AA, the Company made so much money, it should be distributed to each employee evenly
no matter what time with AA you have. With maybe one exception those on probation.

Personally we should all see something that could makeup for what we have lost over this insane process then move on and find a way to rid ourselves of this sorry association.

We are all overdue for a nice raise let’s hope it comes soon

Reactions: AMFAinMIAMI
How pathetic. Union not keeping the membership updated as talks progress. Members are guessing, assuming and predicting what is going on with negotiations. Four years and we are in the dark.
Thousands of cards signed for a competing union main issue lack of comunication yet they still wont come out with an update.What does that tell you

But if you say it should be based on time youre saying it should be based on pay so if one title groups makes more their bonus or retro should be bigger.....right?

I think everyone will be pissed since the majority end up with less than the jetnet proposal. Alot of dumb asses say that retro is better than a bonus due to taxes. But as long as you exempt 60 days out, the high taxes go away.
And retro with only a 1% imputation for year one is a F'n concession. Only 1 F'n percent for 2017, or 2016??? When the company net profit $2.5 billion????
When i heard this bullshit i wanted to throw up. At least 3% the first year but giving 1% and 1.5% then Delta the last year is just a slap in the face.
And i absolute despise the union getting the money and administrating and choosing the methodology cuz those bastards always make things not add up and we wonder where all the money went.
I dont want the union touching my retro money the company pays me not the f@@king union

Reactions: thisjobsux
Thousands of cards signed for a competing union main issue lack of comunication yet they still wont come out with an update.What does that tell you
Its a mystery to me to. Either they dont care, or the feel very confident