AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

No shite. When we fired the teamsters, A teamster steward and business manager shredded all existing grievances in work.
Hows that for working for the membership? Nope, not with these industrial unions. It's all about them and their dues coming in to pay their extremely overwhelmingly 6 figure paychecks. Watch out fellas, it's coming if a change comes.
The association absolutely hate the members. Bigtime. Absolutely, it will trash things. Teamsters still fought to keep its board seat when they were voted off NWA.

I emailed Sito and here is the reply I got. I am out of the office with limited access to emails due to the observance of the Martin Luther King holiday
its a holiday for most but not the peons. as you can tell its a high priority for them. im fairly sure we wont see an update since its a holiday for them.

Just a sidenote on the merger of paydays/systems:

My wife’s company just merged payroll systems. 4 different groups, spread out over different states. No loans, no heartburn. They even included a sheet that showed who would get paid what (and when) until everyone was synced up.

Its not hard to do.

Email the union leaders demand a update
Sito email
[email protected]

Samueslsen email [email protected]

Garcia email
[email protected]
Great advice. And all should use these tools to their advantage and apply pressure.
And then take another route after they do absolutely nothing, and still keep the membership in the dark, sign a card, have a vote, and fire this pathetic asso. from the mechanic and related ranks, it's that simple.

what?

the BONUS. i said time - years of service, not pay.

RETRO - yes, that has always been based on the amount of your DOS raise x hours worked after contract became amendable. in our cases, DOS raise x hours worked since sept 2018.

the AMTs will be getting a hefty raise. maybe the company is balking at full retro, maybe partial. i'm not saying that will happen or should happen.

Hopefully the mechanics will not allow that to happen. It should be a top issue for them to get full retro and not allow the company to get out of full retro. UPS mechanics got full retro. We used that and held out for full retro too and got it, finally, but well worth it. Now it's the mechanics at AA turn to get theirs. Keep the "full retro" ball rolling guys. A great move for the industry and future contracts to keep receiving full retro. Don't think the Pilots and F/A's won't get it, they will. It has to stop now. Stop the companies from getting pennies on the dollars for holding back a contract to get out of paying retro. Not fair to the employees and only fair to the co's bottom dollar and the bonuses for the exects.

Just a sidenote on the merger of paydays/systems:

My wife’s company just merged payroll systems. 4 different groups, spread out over different states. No loans, no heartburn. They even included a sheet that showed who would get paid what (and when) until everyone was synced up.

Its not hard to do.
Actually for some yes it is difficult. Why inconvenience the corporation when you can piss off and push off the system YOU want to implement on your employees

January 20, 2020
NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE
Sisters and Brothers,
Talks continue by phone between the Association Leadership and American Airlines in reaching a JCBA. As such, we wanted to update the membership and dispel a false narrative, speculation and rumors some may be spreading.
We are set to meet again with the NMB on Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 10:00AM through the close of business on Friday, January 31, 2020. We are hopeful these dates with the NMB will not be necessary, however, if needed they will be utilized.
Further information will be provided as it becomes available.

Reactions: V.O. Reason
January 20, 2020
NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE
Sisters and Brothers,
Talks continue by phone between the Association Leadership and American Airlines in reaching a JCBA. As such, we wanted to update the membership and dispel a false narrative, speculation and rumors some may be spreading.
We are set to meet again with the NMB on Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 10:00AM through the close of business on Friday, January 31, 2020. We are hopeful these dates with the NMB will not be necessary, however, if needed they will be utilized.
ok
1) what was actually updated?

2) what are they doing to dispel speculation and rumors?

i just cant wait for further information as it becomes available!

you cant make this **** up!

please sign a card.....

Reactions: thisjobsux
Ok with all we have seen in the past throughout this process it’s difficult to be optimistic.
However with the way this update ended it sounds like they are close and it appears the phone negotiations have just been with the company.
By saying they may not need to meet on the later dates it would seem they believe a deal may come sooner than those dates.

That’s my take anyway

Reactions: swamt
January 20, 2020
NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE
Sisters and Brothers,

I give kudos for at least staying in touch. I do codem the no details as we always have. So thanks for taking the time to transfer it here P.Rez.

Now the breakdown guys. Not sure what false narrative he is referring to, but take note of his phrase; "We are hopeful these dates with the NMB will not be necessary,"
And at least they were smart enough to set the dates in case they needed them. Tells me they are close, (as long as he is being truthful) so maybe they really are close and could be only down to the outgoing years % increases as we were told by someone from one of his rumors. They may not get an agreement over the phone prior to the next dates. But, if next meeting is required at it really is that close I would expect a move from the NMB to recommend a move to the side that is stalling or holding back from getting it done to move or "this" will happen. The NMB tends to do that when they are face to face, but will only do in in private with the group that needs the nudging to get it done. It was done in our case.
With all that said, be sure the pressure from the card drive is driving a conclusion soon with pressure being applied with the upcoming other groups in nego's. Don't allow an agreement to interfere with the card drive, keep that going full boar to a completion to a vote. But I still hope you guys get "something" to look at finally...