AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

GP did the company say ten holidays or today is a holiday. the connection sucks at my house.

You guys know I have been critical of them. But I do think he is being honest. Just how I feel with it coming from P. Rez.
Again, thanks for taking the time P Rez.
One question, Do you feel good for all groups included in the contract about the possible offer coming out???

Latest update today. Happy to say no agreement on a JCBA. Which means the association is fighting for an ILC as promised.

Footnote on the definition of "Promised". See Question #5 on the Association Q&A.

You guys know I have been critical of them. But I do think he is being honest. Just how I feel with it coming from P. Rez.
Again, thanks for taking the time P Rez.
One question, Do you feel good for all groups included in the contract about the possible offer coming out???

It would be all or none.

This update is very encouraging. It suggest that they are stuck only in process or haggling over a 1% or so.
Good news that they think they may not need the 28th.
Doesnt matter to me if they recommend a no or yes, im pushing yes for fleet if it didnt lose too much from the jetnet proposal.

Just a sidenote on the merger of paydays/systems:

My wife’s company just merged payroll systems. 4 different groups, spread out over different states. No loans, no heartburn. They even included a sheet that showed who would get paid what (and when) until everyone was synced up.

Its not hard to do.

The issue the TWU gets paid 80 hours in advance. That goes away with the payroll changes, but everyone will get paid every dollar they earned.

It would be a smoother transition if it's done during one of the two months we get 3 paychecks.

This update is very encouraging. It suggest that they are stuck only in process or haggling over a 1% or so.
Doesnt matter to me if they recommend a no or yes, im pushing yes for fleet if it didnt lose too much from the jetnet proposal.

Hopefully, but then again we've seen this ploy before. Remember the news of a deal by Thanksgiving, or the news from GP, two years ago, that we could get a deal by new year's, if the Company wanted... This may be another attempt to throw out hope to buy more time.

Hopefully that's not the case. We'll see.

January 20, 2020
NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE
Sisters and Brothers,
Talks continue by phone between the Association Leadership and American Airlines in reaching a JCBA. As such, we wanted to update the membership and dispel a false narrative, speculation and rumors some may be spreading.
We are set to meet again with the NMB on Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 10:00AM through the close of business on Friday, January 31, 2020. We are hopeful these dates with the NMB will not be necessary, however, if needed they will be utilized.
Further information will be provided as it becomes available.
What a **** update where is the info on what’s being said. What has been agreed on what is the remaining item being disguised on the phone. And what false narrative dose this hold off as it says nothing of what’s going on. I’ll tell you what it is two Unions ran by clowns. But clowns making big time 6 figures income that and y’all just got a raise . While the members wait for a contract . What a mess this association is

Ok with all we have seen in the past throughout this process it’s difficult to be optimistic.
However with the way this update ended it sounds like they are close and it appears the phone negotiations have just been with the company.
By saying they may not need to meet on the later dates it would seem they believe a deal may come sooner than those dates.

That’s my take anyway
Yes read between the lines you think maybe by the "State of the airline" maybe AIP

Gee I can read the English language and I didn't read it that way. Did you get a different update?

Yes read between the lines you think maybe by the "State of the airline" maybe AIP
Are you saying quid pro quo between Parker and the association
You give us what we want in a deal and we will help you save face in the state of the airline address.
Hummm

Hopefully, but then again we've seen this ploy before. Remember the news of a deal by Thanksgiving, or the news from GP, two years ago, that we could get a deal by new year's, if the Company wanted... This may be another attempt to throw out hope to buy more time.

Hopefully that's not the case. We'll see.
That what im going with, they havent sent out one update that was encouraging that came true yet. Sorry if im skeptical but so far they have shown very little regard for the membership and reality on the floor.