AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Delta is the superior major (legacy) airline right now. And yes, the most non-union one at that. Which you guys should be embarrassed by. Delta tops all the other biggies AA and UAL.
SWA is the superior LCC and has been for decades.
I will support any airline co. doing so well within our industry. What does my union representation have anything to do with that? What "airline" ingested NWA? Not sure what you are trying to say here.
And BTW if you are try to use the NWA fiasco against AMFA it won't work as usual. Any representational union would have had the exact same results as it was the co. that destroyed the co. not AMFA. When you put out a vote to remove over 53% of your employees then it's a no brainer you will get a no vote on that, and a yes vote to strike. AMFA actually showed, if anything, how to stand up for their membership, not cave and agree to everything the co. wants like the TWU and the IAM has done over the past decades. Take a look over at Spirit Areo. Systems currently, The IAM represents thousands that are soon to be on the street. You wanna approach that issue? Didn't think so.
Nobody is organizing DL mechanics, why not amfa? Delta must be treating the mechanics great.

C'mon Timmy! You post on Wed at 1:21 pm that "several" articles are still open (if even true) and you expect an announcement on Thurs. of a T/A. Really? Several articles still open, and they will have a T/A in just 12-24 hours? C'mon Man.
Unless the TWU will try once again to come to a T/A with open articles still open with a blank check for the co. No Way In Hell! Not again...
My understanding is a ta most likely on thursday. I didnt post that there were 5 big open articles, billy wilson apparently did. You are correct, if 5 articles were open, thursday makes no sense.
Most likely, thursday.

I know zero about mx other than all ontracts are said to be TAd about Thursday. I heard that billy wilson said a couple hours ago that people shouldnt listen to me and that there is alot of work left. Someone asked him in the breakroom, how much work is left? Billy apparently said 5 big items.
Look, let billy blow whatever smoke he wants but its sad. Whatever the case, about Thursday things will be done.
I have no clue who the F billy is, but I believe him way more than you and P.Rez and company. This shite that is getting spread is all over the energetic AMFA card drive. I believe 100% Billy who says, as well as you have said "several articles", that the 5 biggies remain open.
BTW, what freakin Thursday are you referring to? Tomorrow? This month?? Next month??? This Q? Next Q?? Next year??? I still believe there is a lot of work left. They just want the membership to believe they are close to slow the card drive down.

I have no clue who the F billy is, but I believe him way more than you and P.Rez and company. This shite that is getting spread is all over the energetic AMFA card drive. I believe 100% Billy who says, as well as you have said "several articles", that the 5 biggies remain open.
BTW, what freakin Thursday are you referring to? Tomorrow? This month?? Next month??? This Q? Next Q?? Next year??? I still believe there is a lot of work left. They just want the membership to believe they are close to slow the card drive down.
I think you think everything centers around amfa. It doesnt.
Otherwise, not sure what else you are saying but regarding American talks, im referring to tomorrow.

I heard Ramp is all done, only items left is 1. Percent of raises per year. AA offered 2%, union wants 3%.
2. Top out pay
Sounds like "Energetic AMFA card drive" rumors to me.

If what P.REZ relayed the other day is indeed true, then if the mechanics have outstanding issues, then nobody gets to vote. Of course that would be the other way around as well.
And this rule is ridiculous. Not fair to all the other groups. This has to change.

My understanding is a ta most likely on thursday. I didnt post that there were 5 big open articles, billy wilson apparently did. You are correct, if 5 articles were open, thursday makes no sense.
Most likely, thursday.
I know you didn't. Your union did in the updates prior to the last one. But you did post several articles still open to be closed and a T/A by Thursday is just misinformation leaked out to try and stall the card drive. Watch and learn.

Personally just give me a 5 percent raise then 3 percent throughout the contract and we won’t care about PS
I understand your statement, but I gotta disagree. If you guys can get a good PS program back up and running would pay off tremendously. As in our case hourly pay is not affected by PS payments as PS payments are all calculated with "profits". I hate hearing people say "I would rather have the pay over 401K or PS" Pay has nothing to do with them. Yes, your co. will try and make you believe all that so they can get away with it, but it's just not true. Your pay, 401K and PS is "ALL" written off by the company each and every year. Sure they take the hit thru the year but get it all back at the end of year. It's just business. You guys should get ILC pay, 401K and PS as promised. The other perks should be IL also. Don't pass on the PS. Don't balk on a smaller 401K to get a higher pay, get both plus IL pay scale. Hell, I hope you guys top us.

Sounds like "Energetic AMFA card drive" rumors to me.

And this rule is ridiculous. Not fair to all the other groups. This has to change.

I know you didn't. Your union did in the updates prior to the last one. But you did post several articles still open to be closed and a T/A by Thursday is just misinformation leaked out to try and stall the card drive. Watch and learn.
Huh?
Look, you're a paranoid goof or just not that smart of a guy. How the hell is a ta going to stall amfa?
If anything a ta will enhance the amfa drive.
Few like the association.

I think you think everything centers around amfa. It doesnt.
Otherwise, not sure what else you are saying but regarding American talks, im referring to tomorrow.
Tim you know very well that everytime an AMFA card drive kicks off the misinformation starts to fly to try and derail the AMFA card drives. It has happened every time in the past and is happening right now.

Well the update info from Jan 20th did say they hope the meetings set for Jan 29th may not be needed so to me unless they are lying which is entirely possible it would seem they are close and I doubt there are 5 open articles
Hopefully we do hear something positive tomorrow

Well the update info from Jan 20th did say they hope the meetings set for Jan 29th may not be needed so to me unless they are lying which is entirely possible it would seem they are close and I doubt there are 5 open articles
The assoiation lie to the memdership? Naw they wouldn't do that now would they?

Our industry owes Amfa NW mx and eastern mx gratitude. Their sacrifice saved the mx craft.
Tim, THANKS for being one of the Few here at AA that recognise that the EASTERN employees stood up to the corporate greed, as well as NWA Mechanics. Many of them were Eastern mechanics as well and got to stand up twice. As a 10yr EASTERN mechanic I am proud of what we did. I along with many other mechanics around the airline system walked the picket line when the NWA guys went out. Just a shame a lot the AA guys still don't get it. They have the IGM and lets get our $$$ and let the next generation, fight for themselves. We will see what this TA brings to the current employees and future employees.
Lets see if we get sold out AGAIN....by the TWU and the IAM.....

Tim, THANKS for being one of the Few here at AA that recognise that the EASTERN employees stood up to the corporate greed, as well as NWA Mechanics. Many of them were Eastern mechanics as well and got to stand up twice. As a 10yr EASTERN mechanic I am proud of what we did. I along with many other mechanics around the airline system walked the picket line when the NWA guys went out. Just a shame a lot the AA guys still don't get it. They have the IGM and lets get our $$$ and let the next generation, fight for themselves. We will see what this TA brings to the current employees and future employees.
Lets see if we get sold out AGAIN....by the TWU and the IAM.....
Thank God that nwa mx wasnt twu or iam. Those unions would have accepted the deal as long as the dues checkoff was still good. It would have killed the industry as all other airlines would have used that poor contract to force at other airlines.
When you guys shut down eastern, it stopped a virus, not only in the airline industry but prolly in aerospace and railway as well. It would have been the model that replaced the air traffic control situation. But eastern management couldnt pull it off.
Delta tried with amfa but amfa sacrificed their jobs like charlie bryans mmbers.

Reactions: swamt
I agree. And I too pointed out the part that he said those future dates may not have to used. And part of me hopes it is true. But I have heard the same song and dance over the last several decades just to be totally disappointed by yet another lie by these industrial unions.
Now Timmy brings up this BW (Billy) fella that might have said there are 5 "biggies" of the articles still open. Now this was also reiterated by the asso. on one of the updates posted, so doesn't sound far off to me at all. But to state several items still open and then say there should be a T/A this Thursday (the next day) is just complete BS. I can also tell you that they are NOT just down to one item of a 1% pay increase added to the 2% being offered. I would believe more so that hold up could be including that said 1% added to the 2% for a total of 3%, as well as, a higher bonus pay, higher top out, better retro (true retro) but it's just not down to just the 1% issue. I could also see the co. wanting and demanding a vote for what is on the table now, just as our co. did, and the union is telling them no way, make it right before we bring it out. I would support that 100%. I say why waste the time and money to go thru a vote when you know it will fail (as we did) and see an overwhelming 96% NO vote. A waste of time but just another way the company gets another delay and drags it out for another couple or 3 months. Don't fall for it.

Most likely, thursday.

just by coincidence..aa announces earnings and has a conference call with analysts tomorrow. if they need a catalyst to move the stock, the positive publicity of a labor t/a announced pre-market on earnings day..good catalyst.

Latest posts