AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

we are represented by overconfident fools that have no idea how to get of the mess they created. again no offense or elitist attitude but we need find new representation. its way past due.

Rumor is, that the 737Max settlement will be added to the profit sharing. That being said, word on the street is that WN employees are getting roughly $7000 a piece. Maybe SWAMT can shed some light on this? Stark differences as to how company's treat their employees. DP see's us as a burden and a necessary evil to be tolerated. His common core math approach to us is laughable. Either way, this years profit sharing will be slightly more that last year. I say 1.6% maybe 1.8%. We will see. And yes I think envoy will get part of the settlement also.

"may i have some more please?"

For what it'says worth, talking to a chief pilot at ORD.....He told a couple of us that the pilots won't settle until maintenance/ramp has a contract.

I know the chief pilot, he is a great guy but he is a member of management and not part of the APA. I’m not sure if the pilots want to wait a couple more years/indefinitely while we fight for title ii to be stationed in 5 more stations or that deicing is a full time position in AUS.

once all the pilots know about the association they will have pity for us, but will not want to be dragged down by us. Same with the FAs. Most don’t know what we have been through.

interesting article. I like how the APA president doesn’t sound like a street thug. Of course he’s accountable to the membership unlike twu president that none of us voted for, or an association we neither wanted or had option to vote for.

Maybe if Samuelson read the railroad labor act as opposed to watching the sopranos, we might have a contract.

https://onemileatatime.com/american-airlines-pilot-contract/[/QUO
First off, the pilots are gonna be IGM brother, I wouldn't count on them for ANY support.
2nd, if DP and CO want to share the MAX payout, you can bet we will each get MAX $50. (if even that....)

THATS IT,,,,

2nd, if DP and CO want to share the MAX payout, you can bet we will each get MAX $50. (if even that....)

THATS IT,,,,
The APA surely has seen what the TWU has done to its members and how the cretin Samuelson made himself look like a total goon. I don't see them supporting the Association much. Our profit sharing is already beyond weak so putting compensation for the 737max in there is a good way for the company to say they gave it to employees while keeping most. I laughed when I saw that announcement on the news.

Reactions: swamt
its way past that point. its very clear neither side the company the association the iam or the twu are interested in getting this done
If the Association had any intent on getting this done they would have asked the Mediator to release us and start the clock. Its clear that after 6 years they have no real intentions on moving forward. If you want to see this resolved, SIGN A CARD.

Reactions: thisjobsux
If the Association had any intent on getting this done they would have asked the Mediator to release us and start the clock. Its clear that after 6 years they have no real intentions on moving forward. If you want to see this resolved, SIGN A CARD.
Where im at granted its a class 2 station ivr got 49 out of 53 signed cards.

Hello Bob. How the heck have you been? The release will never happen and you know it. YES, sign a card, get it done, and remove this completely incompetent and useless asso. trying to "claim" to represent this membership. A truly pathetic circus that really needs to end for the folks at AA. This is just beyond pathetic and very sad.

Word from little airport in Queens is that most don't want a new contract that will see changes to the CS policy and upset their side gig at AA. Don't try and fool people that they are signing cards or asking for a vote "en masse." It's not true.

Word from little airport in Queens is that most don't want a new contract that will see changes to the CS policy and upset their side gig at AA. Don't try and fool people that they are signing cards or asking for a vote "en masse." It's not true.
i hope your wrong. geez cant fix stupid you can only coach it.

Rumor is, that the 737Max settlement will be added to the profit sharing. That being said, word on the street is that WN employees are getting roughly $7000 a piece. Maybe SWAMT can shed some light on this? Stark differences as to how company's treat their employees. DP see's us as a burden and a necessary evil to be tolerated. His common core math approach to us is laughable. Either way, this years profit sharing will be slightly more that last year. I say 1.6% maybe 1.8%. We will see. And yes I think envoy will get part of the settlement also.

$7,000? C'mon.

There are more than 60,000 SWA employees. Their reported settlement is $125M.

The math doesn't add up.

Reactions: ALUS78
$7,000? C'mon.

There are more than 60,000 SWA employees. Their reported settlement is $125M.

The math doesn't add up.
A bunch of the 60K are interns, contractors, & part timers, and some will not qualify do to hours and/or new hires too.
A more realistic expectation would be more like 2500-3500 range. I do agree with you that 7K is a bit out there.
Also need to add that there may be another addition by the time this is all over with. As it was explained to us this first allotment is for 2019. Have no idea what the end total can or could be. We still don't know how many months in 2020 it will end up being. We will all have to wait until it's all over with to see what the grand total will end up being when it's all done.
So far it is looking like nothing will happen within the first quarter for sure now.

Last edited:
if we get any where close to 7k ps and 737 settlement combined, I’d be lucky to spend it cause I’d clutching my chest like Fred Sanford back in the day.

last month, the twu representing envoy; filed for mediation.

today, in my station, i'm hearing that 80-85 envoy called in sk and the company is looking at aa to do their work, the work we once had.

temporary band-aid, once envoy comes back, free pizza and $15/hr for their maxed out disgruntled employees...pay no attention to the pile of premium bags burning. no bad feelings if the twu says no to help aa deal with this crisis. after all, the company didn't want aa to do this work, they wanted envoy.

ramp operations crumbling, will the company sue them for a job action, just liked they sued the assoc.? sad state of affairs all the way around.

my suggestion to america west leadership - get rid of unreliable and incompetent envoy in the hubs and then hold us accountable for the work.