AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

No TA today - per Doug Parker on the 4th quarter call today. All he said was sometime this year a TA would be in place.

No TA today - per Doug Parker on the 4th quarter call today. All he said was sometime this year a TA would be in place.
Im not sure thats what he said. I didnt listen to the call or whatever but i dont think he is going to pre-empt and disrespect the process. Him saying sometime this year doesnt exclude today. Stay tuned.

Delta get 16.6 profit-sharing and we’re getting 1.4. That must be one hell of a raise we’re getting to be deltas total compensation.

according to aa, in 2019 - it spent $12.6 billion on wages/benefits and profit sharing.

according to delta, in 2019 - it spent $11.255 billion on salaries/benefits and $1.643 billion on profit sharing.

despite having 35,000+ less employees, delta spent $300 million more on it's employees than aa did.

Reactions: 2ndGENAMT

the spin is on...keep me in the captain's seat because we will have more free cash for shareholders and we will deleverage by $8-$10 billion in next 5 years.

great. you've turned the 2nd most profitable airline into a 3 way dogfight between us, united and southwest.

take care of your employees, go after the premium pax and cut envoy/eagle as much as you can.

according to aa, in 2019 - it spent $12.6 billion on wages/benefits and profit sharing.

according to delta, in 2019 - it spent $11.255 billion on salaries/benefits and $1.643 billion on profit sharing.

despite having 35,000+ less employees, delta spent $300 million more on it's employees than aa did.

While this is all true, the issue with AA is how much leveraged debt it has. If they spent more on PS and such it would put the company in a precarious position and put many jobs at risk.

I understand we all want a better PS but for now we need to get rid of Parker and his people or they are going to bankrupt this company again

the spin is on...keep me in the captain's seat because we will have more free cash for shareholders and we will deleverage by $8-$10 billion in next 5 years.

great. you've turned the 2nd most profitable airline into a 3 way dogfight between us, united and southwest.

take care of your employees, go after the premium pax and cut envoy/eagle as much as you can.

Southwest earnings were down 21 percent blamed on the 737 Max issue.

Use this time to buy stock. Then dump it after the ta is announced.

Funny. No, i didnt say set in stone. I put out 2 timeframes. Most likely thursday or shortly after. But lets stick with Thursday.
Ahhhh, the back pedaling starts. This IS the very first time you ever said "or shortly after". And now this IS the first time you said "Most likely" Speaks volumes...

I totally agree with you. All the people I work with want a contract and AMFA afterwards
And I hope this is what happens. If that is what the mechs and related want. New contract would mean it would be good enough to accept now and then fire them and bring in AMFA to represent for the future. That's exactly what we did when we fired the teamsters and AMFA came in, inherited the teamsters contract, (the one that allowed outsourcing internationally wide open under teamster language) and they started working on amending that open loop hole with restrictions agreed to, then AMFA, of course was blamed for the international outsourcing when it was the teamsters language inherited by AMFA. So watch out for AMFA to get blamed for what the asso. nego's at a later date once AMFA has "inherited" the asso's contract. Just an FYI...

My understanding is that the company brought up the yearly raise to reflect more than 2% and another bump along other lines. The fleet contract is suppose to be good. If so, ill be supporting and pushing the union leaders recommendation.
Supposedly, all agcs were called to come to dc this morning for an emergency meeting.
Key word here is "Supposedly"

Latest posts