AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Doug is a liar, Tim's a fantasizer and we are all suckers...
C0C01853-01DC-46FB-8591-DCB3677CC55E_1_105_c.jpeg

must have been all those new AMTs they hired watered down the final tally..i know we earned more in 2019 than 2018.

oh well..
I don't think the new hires are included. Don't they have to be there a full year first? And on top of that, no one on probation is included. BTW; How long is your mechanic new hire probation now days?

Ok Timmy. The spot lights are on you and only you at this point. The pressure is on as we all wait for a T/A announcement tomorrow as you quoted as "set in stone".

That's a ton of pressure to put on one guy. It's nail biting time.

Funny. No, i didnt say set in stone. I put out 2 timeframes. Most likely thursday or shortly after. But lets stick with Thursday.

He is talking about the first Thursday of never.

My understanding is that the company brought up the yearly raise to reflect more than 2% and another bump along other lines. The fleet contract is suppose to be good. If so, ill be supporting and pushing the union leaders recommendation.
Supposedly, all agcs were called to come to dc this morning for an emergency meeting.
Take note of the backpedaling already started when confronted.
So Timmy is Vort lying below? Be careful.
If agcs were all called to come to dc this morn for an emergency meeting, do you really think there will be an announcement today? To come to dc, meaning travel time involved?? C'mon Man!!!

No TA today - per Doug Parker on the 4th quarter call today. All he said was sometime this year a TA would be in place.
Sometime this year is more believable than today (Thursday) as little Timmy is indicating. He really does need to get a new Fly giving him his updates.
"NO TA Today" Per Parker on the 4th Q call which is recorded and filed and cannot lie in as he can be held accountable on anything he says in that 4th Q release.
So Timmy is Vort and Parker lying???

Parker just states to Dale Danker that AA still has the best contract sitting on the table...no idea when a deal will be reached.
So I guess Tim's colorful sources are really recruiters for his "Uncensored" Facebook. lol

I think its long beyond time that Doug should have called out the unions incompetency as the culprit.

Last edited:
While this is all true, the issue with AA is how much leveraged debt it has. If they spent more on PS and such it would put the company in a precarious position and put many jobs at risk.

I understand we all want a better PS but for now we need to get rid of Parker and his people or they are going to bankrupt this company again

sure, the company has a lot of debt. delta and united also have debt.

parker just finished telling us that the company needed new planes and facilities after the merger. he said $30 billion spent..nothing on buy-backs..i believe $14 billion by end of year.

free cash flow means free. not needed for wages or fuel...that money is accounted for. company already has an industry leading $7 billion just sitting around for a rainy day.

parker has said that that free cash flow will go to shareholders and pay back debt. nothing for employees.

you never know, but i don't think we are heading for bk.

There will be no TA today, I think it’s going to be at least another month but then who knows I just know the longer this goes the worst it’s going to be for us.
The amount of money we have already lost with all these delays can never be recovered no matter how much retro we get

Southwest earnings were down 21 percent blamed on the 737 Max issue.

yes. check the numbers...basically the same for 4q19.

only, southwest doesn't have premium pax, europe/s.america/asia routes nor the ability to generate revenue from freight & mail...and not the same credit card deal(s).

what does that tell you about aa?

I don't think the new hires are included. Don't they have to be there a full year first? And on top of that, no one on probation is included. BTW; How long is your mechanic new hire probation now days?

not sure..post was sarcastic. company blamed AMTs for destroying 2019, why not blame them for pathetic profit sharing?

just heard parker say the same stuff he said 3 years ago: "nobody wants a contract for you guys more than me".

ok.

Reactions: swamt
Can someone answer these questions?
Why is one of the negotiators asking parker questions about the contract.
isn't the Tulsa base pres in negotiations?
Is he part of the negotiation team for the bases?
Shouldn't he know what's going on?

There will be no TA today, I think it’s going to be at least another month but then who knows I just know the longer this goes the worst it’s going to be for us.
The amount of money we have already lost with all these delays can never be recovered no matter how much retro we get
I respectfully disagree. If you guys can hold out for "full retro" to be made whole, that would be recovered. What is not fully recovered is the compounding part on PS over the years and 401K compounding as long as the "full retro" also includes 401K and PS retro. then you only miss out on the compounding and yes you will never recover that, should you YES as we did. Just not sure this asso will be able to pull off 401K, PS, and compounding %'s "full retro". So many different people have very different ideas of what full retro really means, which is why I always use the proper term (as the Pilots do) of "made whole". Retro could mean only back pay you missed out on, where making you "whole" or "complete" is including all avenues of missed income, retirement, and savings including compounded increases and interest. Never sell yourself short. By getting all members made "whole" or "complete" will stop the co's future shenanigans of dragging nego's out just to settle for pennies on the dollars later. Stop that now and forever in the future...

Reactions: 2ndGENAMT
yes. check the numbers...basically the same for 4q19.

only, southwest doesn't have premium pax, europe/s.america/asia routes nor the ability to generate revenue from freight & mail...and not the same credit card deal(s).

what does that tell you about aa?
Correction brother; SWA does have a great deal of income generated from freight and mail. record numbers for the last few years of it. We don't have the same CC deals but we did just get a new Visa deal with record revenues drawn from it last year.
About the only thing we don't have is Prem pass., no where near the upgrades you larder ones offer, no where near the overseas flights, and not close in fleet sizes as well as a/c sizes (number of pass. carried).