AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Depends on the maintenance check.
It can be 2 AMT'S or 20 AMT'S. In some cases it's none. That's because our inhouse work is farmed out on certain checks.
Thank you i was getting at why such a disparity in WN AMT headcount compared to the other big 3 i thought it might have something to do with the size of the individual airframes

this is about the time that tim disappears, just to reappear at a later date with another fantasy.....
You got to admit he had quite a captive audience for this one, especially if you follow him.on FB.Its a form.of power probably gives him.a woodie

Depends on the maintenance check.
It can be 2 AMT'S or 20 AMT'S. In some cases it's none. That's because our inhouse work is farmed out on certain checks.
Inhouse work farmed out ? Thats like saying we have enough dough for a large pizza not a small

It's not so much that the checks are being sent to South America, it's due to the language in the TWU contract which states that work on AA aircraft will be done by AA employees. So what AA has done is built hangers down in SA and has hired workers there and they are AA employees from what I understand so the work is NOT really farmed out, just being done outside the USA by AA employees. Maybe the Association will close that loophole, But I doubt it. The TWU is allowing interior mods to be done in Melbourne, Fl. Other work being done in ALA. Since most don't want to doit anymore fuel tank repairs here in MIAMI. The TWU doesn't even insure they follow our procedures with regards to that work.

No TA announcement today.

If you can’t trust an Internet forum or Facebook, who can you trust?
4 years and 219 days since negotiations got under way. Going for greatness.

Winter/Summer Olympics every 4 years.
Presidential elections every 4 years.
Leap year every 4 years.
World Cup every 4 years.

Trying to put this in perspective.
I just can't seem too.
It's time to look for new representation.
Sign cards and let's look for a brighter future.

Thank you i was getting at why such a disparity in WN AMT headcount compared to the other big 3 i thought it might have something to do with the size of the individual airframes

SWA has one fleet type although different series. tooling, training, headcount, parts inventory, hangers all play a part in the number of AMT & etc..
AA has 737, 757, 767, 777, 787, 321, 319, MD80's. That's just the LAA side, LUS has a few aircraft that can be added to that list as well. The company compares us to SWA and jet Blue when it suits them but, the only carries we now can be compared to DL & UAL. These two along with AA are really the only carries that will affect US economy. They are the USA's Global Flag carriers.

Last edited:
It's not so much that the checks are being sent to South America, it's due to the language in the TWU contract which states that work on AA aircraft will be done by AA employees. So what AA has done is built hangers down in SA and has hired workers there and they are AA employees from what I understand so the work is NOT really farmed out, just being done outside the USA by AA employees. Maybe the Association will close that loophole, But I doubt it. The TWU is allowing interior mods to be done in Melbourne, Fl. Other work being done in ALA. Since most don't want to doit anymore fuel tank repairs here in MIAMI. The TWU doesn't even insure they follow our procedures with regards to that work.
What kind of wage do they get in brazil? So your contract read wotk must be done by aa employees not aa twu employees ?

What kind of wage do they get in brazil? So your contract read wotk must be done by aa employees not aa twu employees ?
The wage that is made in any country outside the USA really doesn't matter. AA has had employees in Europe as well doing maintenance for over 20 yrs. It's all just part of the BIZ. Us carrier send work to China as well as Mexico. The FAA is supposed to regulate that work but doesn't do a good job. The employees are NOT even held to the HIGH standards we here in the US are. It's a Failure of the AFLCIO in my opinion to lobby that all work on US aircraft be done here or be closely monitored by the FAA. The IBT, IAM, TWU, AMFA, all need to work together to insure the safety of US Aircraft worked on abroad.

The wage that is made in any country outside the USA really doesn't matter. AA has had employees in Europe as well doing maintenance for over 20 yrs. It's all just part of the BIZ. Us carrier send work to China as well as Mexico. The FAA is supposed to regulate that work but doesn't do a good job. The employees are NOT even held to the HIGH standards we here in the US are. It's a Failure of the AFLCIO in my opinion to lobby that all work on US aircraft be done here or be closely monitored by the FAA. The IBT, IAM, TWU, AMFA, all need to work together to insure the safety of US Aircraft worked on abroad.
Thank you

I actually think the Ass is going to hold onto these negotiations for as long as they can, possibly into the spring just to keep their jobs a little longer and just keep on blaming the company for the delay.
These guys are the most untrustworthy people ever.
Not being in maint I can’t sign a card but you guys keep on it and get rid of this BS

Well tell Trump and maybe he can bring some of that work back to the US

FB_IMG_1579832481306.jpg
found this in tims locker....

Latest posts