AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

The TWU will help if there is something in it for the International, like some relief from the lawsuit. The TWU could care less about the memberships needs or wants!

last month, the twu representing envoy; filed for mediation.

today, in my station, i'm hearing that 80-85 envoy called in sk and the company is looking at aa to do their work, the work we once had.

temporary band-aid, once envoy comes back, free pizza and $15/hr for their maxed out disgruntled employees...pay no attention to the pile of premium bags burning. no bad feelings if the twu says no to help aa deal with this crisis. after all, the company didn't want aa to do this work, they wanted envoy.

ramp operations crumbling, will the company sue them for a job action, just liked they sued the assoc.? sad state of affairs all the way around.

my suggestion to america west leadership - get rid of unreliable and incompetent envoy in the hubs and then hold us accountable for the work.

All of that makes too much sense.

today, in my station, i'm hearing that 80-85 envoy called in sk and the company is looking at aa to do their work, the work we once had.

temporary band-aid, once envoy comes back, free pizza and $15/hr for their maxed out disgruntled employees...pay no attention to the pile of premium bags burning. no bad feelings if the twu says no to help aa deal with this crisis. after all, the company didn't want aa to do this work, they wanted envoy.

ramp operations crumbling, will the company sue them for a job action, just liked they sued the assoc.? sad state of affairs all the way around.

my suggestion to america west leadership - get rid of unreliable and incompetent envoy in the hubs and then hold us accountable for the work.
This mgmt team appears to be unable to deal with their employees. Their removal is becoming essential to the company turning around from the bad performance and awful relations with employees. The wonder is who is worse, mgmt, or the Association? Both get F grades, with dunce caps on Samuelson and Parker.

The TWU will help if there is something in it for the International, like some relief from the lawsuit. The TWU could care less about the memberships needs or wants!

an odd situation because the twu represents aa fleet and envoy fleet. as it turned out, aa deicers were sent to my work area to handle envoy bags.

if twu envoy fleet was/is trying to make a statement, twu aa fleet is erasing that. a conflict of interest on top of a conflict of interest..etc. also, a precedent is there; if aa walks, envoy can do our work.

as far as aa fleet working envoy bags that aa mngt. purposely wanted a flu & feverish envoy to do - taking the work away from aa.....i'm not sure where this falls under? where and when directed? if mngt. gave directives? no one wanted to put their job on the line?

bottom line, parker has another chance to make a dumb move and give envoy raises...when all he has to do is give the work back to aa.

This mgmt team appears to be unable to deal with their employees. Their removal is becoming essential to the company turning around from the bad performance and awful relations with employees. The wonder is who is worse, mgmt, or the Association? Both get F grades, with dunce caps on Samuelson and Parker.

agree.

as far as aa and envoy - the ominous part is that one can make the assumption that today's situation can also be reversed.

this is a good question for the former miami union president. what would he do if 110 envoy fleet called in sick and the station manager asked him to do envoy work??

With the crisis in the middle east particular w Iran i cannot help but wonder if God forbid tbe us goes into war how steep will AA demand in give back considering neither we nor mtr has a jcba? What effects cld we see?

I'd submit that getting rid of the America West leadership is what needs to happen.

With the crisis in the middle east particular w Iran i cannot help but wonder if God forbid tbe us goes into war how steep will AA demand in give back considering neither we nor mtr has a jcba? What effects cld we see?
Let’s hope this doesn’t effect our agreement but you can bet the company is going to use this against the Ass for leverage to get an agreement.
If not and the fact this has happened because our negotiators have dragged their feet shows even more how all these delays continue to screw us

Hence the card drive. Unbeleivable isnt it? They have had every opportunity to do the right thing by the membership and have passed. Nothing against any other work group but the only chance we have to get rid of them is to just find new representation. Fortunately the card drive seems to be going VERY well and this time we will be successful.
No need for amfa to officially endorse anything since the card drive is biblical proportions.
I do believe the association has to bring home the bacon in a ta if it has any chance but once the amfa has enuf cards then the association is done.

Reactions: swamt
Exactly what is transpiring is exactly what the ASS and its negotiators who claimed we were exhibiting "Paranoia" were warned about. By the way, what happened to our old spitting cowboy...another IAM mouthpiece who went into hiding along with 700.

Latest posts