AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Eagle, Dec 31, 2019.

1. 1986Mekanic

1986Mekanic Senior

Not every post lulu, just the ones towards you and and the Nyr guy. There not really hateful, nut, confrontational is a good description. See what I don't get about you is, you don't work here, yea I know, your "wife"does, whatever. Why doesn't she post? I see you have many issues, your gonna keep spouting them until the day you leave this world and go on to he next I fear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. swamt

swamt Veteran

Just another example of these industrial unions forcing a contract on their members. I call total BS on this issue. The Buy Laws govern how and what will happen in these cases. Pretty simple, if the membership voted down the contract, then voted NOT to strike, the union should get back to the table, this BS of enacting (forcing) the contract on the members after they voted it down is just dictators at work. Way to go IAM at Spirit! My Lord a 10 year contract? Never heard of one being so long. And they want an extension after 2800 gets or will get laid off. NOT a good mark on the IAM representation...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/2919063a-c98a-3425-9869-d89da9edf8ad/machinists-union-sets.html

"That 10-year agreement went into effect in June 2010. While union members at the time voted to reject the deal, it was enacted automatically after a separate measure didn’t garner the number of vote needed to go on strike."

3. swamt

swamt Veteran

So still "no details". He did state "items" as in plural items left open. That tells me the 5, or part of, is still remaining but not just down to the % raise as someone falsely reported before. But with "no details" what do ya expect?
    I do like his reporting that the union is holding out for "restore and more" as well as the last para stating industry leading in "all" aspects and listed them. So that to me is good news. I know some are wanting this done so bad, but delays due to holding out for ILC and "restore and more" to me is a good thing. But I will add, if they didn't "restore and more" and they didn't get ILC, as promised, they know good and well that the AMFA card drive would just explode into the final numbers and a vote get called. But by all means don't allow an offer, AIP, and or T/A stop the card drive. The time is now for change for the better...

Do you not also blame this asso. too?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. swamt

swamt Veteran

I understand your frustrations. I really do. If you remember I to was condemning of the Sam and Debbie fiasco back then. I too said it twas dead wrong. I also suggested that the members do something about it. NOT through the union (TWU) as they were ramrodding the protections for those two. I suggested that the members go out on their own and file a class action lawsuit against the union(TWU) as well as Sam and Debbie to be included. Not one person would head the advice. It may not have been stopped, but It could have it reversed and turned over and applied by the proper buy-laws, rules and regs for what should have taken place.
    I am not here to change your mind or your ideas, but in your case as well as several, several others, is an exact example of how this union (TWU) and now as the (TWU/IAM asso. merged) is just self destructing from within only to save their own asses. THIS will never stop unless the members can finally make the move to rid themselves of this total dysfunctional and scam of an asso.
    I'm sorry for what you were put through and now understand why. All others should take the time and look back at "ALL" scams this union has pulled in the past and what they have really done in the past to members, to this day i still cannot fathom why in the world these two industrial unions are still on the property representing the mechanics and related, it is just beyond me how long they allow this to continue to go on.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. swamt

swamt Veteran

6. swamt

swamt Veteran

Thanks to the Pres Andre Sutton for taking the time to address the members. Just still pathetic it takes a Pres of a local and not a single nego, or exec cmte member.
    So nice to have someone take the time to write something out and sign it by name. Only wish he was able to give more detailed information, but understand his hands are tied by the International that called for the gag order (not the co. and not the NMB).

7. NYer

NYer Veteran

Um. He's a TWU International VP and is frequently in the room. He's not like the other Local Presidents who are out of the loop.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Duke787

Duke787 Veteran

Watched the 4q state of airlines. Watch the video for negotiations. Why can’t we have Dale in charge of the union rather then Samuelson. He is impressive

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. 2ndGENAMT

2ndGENAMT Veteran

Actually IMO this is informative, it tells me what is going on and has been going on for some time. The Association passes a proposal across, the company then passes a cost out across and the counter proposal will specify where else in the agreement it will be paid for. The monetary amount is on the table and not negotiable and the problem is the Association can’t figure out how to carve it up!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

How is me spouting issues any different than every other swinging dick in this forum?

I don't really know what you have against me. Truthfully I did not even take note of you until about 2 weeks ago. We have no bad history as far as I know. Like what I say or not at least I say what I believe, even if it is not popular.

She does not post because she does not care for politics or activism, she lives in the moment. I am more of the type that I prepare and plan.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Rogallo

Rogallo Veteran

"You're Out Of Order, Brother"

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

#867 La Li Lu Le Lo, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    The membership IS the UNION.... or at least that is the lie we are told.

In fact the international IS the UNION because they OWN the contract.

You are subject to a contract you have no control over. Let that sink in.

I mean sure you can vote in the dog and pony show but it really doesn't matter because the international can accept it "in your best interest".

I mean you have to laugh at the absurdity of it.

You show me any other instance of someone being at the mercy of a contract they have NO control over.

It is to laugh.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I had to edit this. That was supposed to say

You show me any other instance of someone being at the mercy of a contract they have NO control over.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Shafted

Shafted Advanced

Dale could hardly speak and took forever to get to the point clearly ! I agree with you that Samuelson is not the right guy, but Dale isnt the guy to speak in the public.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. NYer

NYer Veteran

That's usually the process. When the sides can't get an agreement and the union expects a certain return the airline usually gives a number and suggests several ways it could be carved up.

15. icebloodhockey

• Like Like x 1