AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Eagle, Dec 31, 2019.

1. chilokie1

chilokie1 Senior

#871 chilokie1, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    None needed I know your story, every time I see Ciri I can only think of what a piece of **** he is. The AFW local President did what was right and took a transfer to TULE, he even had to lower his classification.

2. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

Any reason why you quoted me and put no comments?

3. swamt

swamt Veteran

Swinging dick? What about a stable dick?? Sorry, but LOL...

4. swamt

swamt Veteran

No bull ****, if they would simply bring in AMFA then the membership would have control of the contract, NOT the international as in you case or the National level in our case, it really is that simple, PERIOD!!!

5. chilokie1

chilokie1 Senior

You are probably correct, but not me. We have waited so long to get this done, what does it matter? Like Buck I’m gone in a year or so, unlike Buck I look at it this way. What will a new contract do for me? A little cash in my pocket (that Uncle Sam takes half), a few extra days off for a year? Just so the IAM can claim victory & screw some new hires? Sorry, the way this entire fiasco has been shoved down our throats I would love to see the TWU membership reject being used. And better yet, send the entire industrial union complex packing.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

Not in my case. I do have 2 years recall left (providing we still have 10 years recall) but I doubt I will use it to leverage a transfer. I have started another career and am happy with my situation. The ONLY way I would be interested in putting in a transfer is if I could CS off half my time to someone else and just be a 4 hour per day part timer.

I would say with my wife being title 1 I am more interested in how things are progressing for that title group.

I support your AMFA efforts, I just think you are fighting an uphill battle.

The TWU has already stabbed me in the back, I really don't want to give them the chance to do it to her to.

I don't trust the bastards, end of story.

• Like Like x 2
  7. swamt

swamt Veteran

#877 swamt, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    And now Alaska is announcing hiring Pilots, F/A's and Mechanics in 2020. So add them to the Delta, UAL, and SWA hiring list too. But, AA also is/was hiring too. Didn't they just hire 400 for Tulsa? Been a long time since I have heard or seen this many airlines hiring at the same time again. 2020 looking to be a good year. Maybe not so much for Parker...

Earlier in the day, the airline announced that it expects to hire 2,800 people across Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air in 2020.

The airline predicts it will have openings for pilots and flight attendants, maintenance technicians and customer service agents in frontline positions, as well as software developers and product designers on its e-commerce team.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/d021dfea-b5df-3d27-885b-2cbe7eaee06b/alaska-air-boosts-bonus-pay.html

8. 2ndGENAMT

2ndGENAMT Veteran

With the Association this process is perpetual.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ATD

ATD Senior

Just herd from a guy that knows a guy that is friends with one of the negotiators sitting outside the room we are close to a deal. Just lack finishing up.

• Funny Funny x 7
  10. AMFAinMIAMI

AMFAinMIAMI Veteran

How can you be a Negotiator when your sitting outside the room?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. swamt

swamt Veteran

Sounds to me like Timmy's informant has moved on to you for delivering his messages since Timmy has been silenced and told to leave these forums.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. swamt

swamt Veteran

Outside the room, down the hall, and sitting in their hotel room until notified what to do next. When the Exec. Cmte. tuggs on the puppet strings, then and only then is when they will jump. Why are those folks even put into those positions to begin with?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Show me the money

Blah-Blah-Blah

14. ATD

ATD Senior

that was just a joke that is real life though..

The real leak is we have until FEB 18th to get the deal done.
    Or we all will pay for Samuelson's big mouth.
    Company agreed to drop charges, I wonder what we gave up for that.
    this you can take to the bank....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. B777master

B777master Member

hey dude where is your sense of humor??
    did you not sense the sarcasm???