AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

The association is still in old school mode. The company is negotiating the same way they have been since the AmericaWest days. It's like oil and vinegar. The association thinks that the membership is weak and docile. The membership is also considered divided. These are probably all true but at some point someone is going to wake up and say enough is enough. Who will that be? The association or the membership? This rocket launchpad card drive for the AMT'S is telling the association enough is enough. Will the card drive be successful? Will the association take this card drive seriously? If a NMB filing is successful with a representational vote will the association then wake up and start spreading fear and lies?
Recently the smallest group quietly filed and caught the Association with their pants down. The Flight Dispatchers voted out of the association. They really didn't pay too much attention probably because it was a small group of dues that was lost. Most don't recall but back in 1977 the Flight attendants at American airlines were also represented by the TWU. They did a grass roots self starting inhouse non AFL-CIO union drive and were successful. I haven't heard of a drive from the APFA to go back to the TWU. Now it's the AMT'S turn to say good bye. There will be a fight this time from the association if a filing to the NMB is achieved. Enough is enough so all eligible should sign a card asap and stop thinking it's the wrong time or wait and see what happens. It's not the wrong time, it's the WRONG union currently representing us.

Reactions: icebloodhockey
Does anyone know where I might find the Association Constitution or provide a link? Thanks in advance.

That offer has been made the Ass just hasn’t accepted it yet

The problem is, the company will not actually recommend their offer. If they did, according to Gary Peterson, the Association would allow the vote but with a vote it down recommendation.

The problem is, the company will not actually recommend their offer. If they did, according to Gary Peterson, the Association would allow the vote but with a vote it down recommendation.
Sounds like this whole negotiating thing comes from a football playbook. AA vs Association.
You have to think that at some point after four years this was all a rous to lead the membership in thinking that negotiations was real.

Can anyone confirm that meetings are scheduled for next week?

If they are then is this the last best chance for anything this year?
As we all know with the other groups on the clock we will be set aside

Can anyone confirm that meetings are scheduled for next week?

If they are then is this the last best chance for anything this year?
As we all know with the other groups on the clock we will be set aside

rumor is the 13th and 14th and supposedly Peterson told the guys in DFW that the company emailed them and said they would have something to send the membership then. but we all know how much contempt the association has for the membership especially the twu side and how accurate rumors have been so far.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR SIGN A CARD.

aa will put $30 million into the profit sharing pot from the 'confidential' settlement it reached with boeing for 2019 pre-tax income losses.

let's see..aa's profit sharing is currently at 5% of pre-tax income. if aa claims that it lost out on $600 million in 2019 income from the 737max groundings, the figure is about right. nothing more, nothing less.

my guess is that other tens of millions of the settlement will be given to pilots and F/As to make up for their 2019 income losses. could be used as a carrot for those respective contracts.

we'll get further clarification in a few weeks when 4q19/full year 2019 earnings come out, including the total for profit sharing to be given to us in march.

aa will put $30 million into the profit sharing pot from the 'confidential' settlement it reached with boeing for 2019 pre-tax income losses.

let's see..aa's profit sharing is currently at 5% of pre-tax income. if aa claims that it lost out on $600 million in 2019 income from the 737max groundings, the figure is about right. nothing more, nothing less.

my guess is that other tens of millions of the settlement will be given to pilots and F/As to make up for their 2019 income losses. could be used as a carrot for those respective contracts.

we'll get further clarification in a few weeks when 4q19/full year 2019 earnings come out, including the total for profit sharing to be given to us in march.

Considering AA has about 120,000 employees this $30 million extra into the profit sharing won't be much more than a fart in the wind once divided up. Do not expect life altering payouts like employees receive at Delta or Southwest.

upload_2020-1-7_17-25-25.png

"No, I'm saying we have leverage for the company to move from their position."

P.REZ, do you still think we have that leverage?

upload_2020-1-7_17-38-7.png

"you got caught in LIE... a lie designed to further an agenda... PERIOD!"

>SPIT<

How ironic. Anyone remember Cowboy pumping his ass off in favor of the Association.
One of his comments from way back when. The one who gave Weez a "Winner" mark
every time he took a chit.

Now tell me Cowboy, who is the one who has been caught lying, one to further their agenda?
Let me answer that for you...The Association!

>CHIT<

View attachment 14988

"you got caught in LIE... a lie designed to further an agenda... PERIOD!"

>SPIT<

How ironic. Anyone remember Cowboy pumping his ass off in favor of the Association.
One of his comments from way back when. The one who gave Weez a "Winner" mark
every time he took a chit.

Now tell me Cowboy, who is the one who has been caught lying, one to further their agenda?
Let me answer that for you...The Association!

>CHIT<
Weez.... what a manipulative PoS.

Considering AA has about 120,000 employees this $30 million extra into the profit sharing won't be much more than a fart in the wind once divided up. Do not expect life altering payouts like employees receive at Delta or Southwest.

yeah, i wouldn't consider it 'extra', as it's based on pre-tax income we lost out on anyways. if it's $30 million into profit sharing, i expect the company to tell the world that the 737max groundings cost aa $600 million on the nose in pre-tax income for 2019.

anything over that, we got short-changed...it would be no surprise.