AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

I know the post was sarcasm, but again- this isn’t how representation is supposed to work!

No “negotiators” in the room, but maybe more importantly no observers, either.

that was just a joke that is real life though..

The real leak is we have until FEB 18th to get the deal done.
Or we all will pay for Samuelson's big mouth.
Company agreed to drop charges, I wonder what we gave up for that.
this you can take to the bank....

Would love to see some confirmation of this.
And yeah what was given up for this

But, AA also is/was hiring too. Didn't they just hire 400 for Tulsa?
Don't get too exited. That base has a history of hiring then having massive layoffs.

It could have just been Sept 11th fallout but I got the feeling from the older hands that having massive layoffs after a hiring spree was normalcy.

hey dude where is your sense of humor??
did you not sense the sarcasm???

There is NO sense of Humor here, the fact that we systemwide have sent guys from the locals to be our reps and they are our negotiators well, they are NOT in the room. Most of the time they have NOT been it's the ATD International doing the bidding for the TWU. Even the trick FK of separate negotiations was a scam most here bought into. The same ATD intl. reps were in the room all the time. Each group get the same BS, that is done to save headcount and insure the steady flow of union dues. The TWU was told this is it, so if you remember Title 1 had 2 sick days at half pay, not sure what the other title groups gave up. (just and example)

Don't get too exited. That base has a history of hiring then having massive layoffs.

It could have just been Sept 11th fallout but I got the feeling from the older hands that having massive layoffs after a hiring spree was normalcy.

AA hires in big gaps, why would they lay off guys who NOW have to work 8 yrs to top out and start with 1 week vacation, and keep old guys with 4-5-6 weeks vacation at top of the pay scale? The industry across the board from what I hear and read, many of the airlines are looking to hire and bring in new mechanics since in the next few yrs many will be gone for one reason or another. Layoffs would make no sense, it would be a POOR business decision on the leadership of AA to do that.

Reactions: swamt
NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE
29 Jan 2020

January 29, 2020

Negotiations Update

Sisters and Brothers,

Negotiations between the Association and American Airlines resumed today in Washington, DC. with some progress made. The remaining outstanding issues are few, but are some of the most important elements of a collective bargaining agreement, including wages and job scope language.

The parties will continue negotiations tomorrow, and the membership will be updated as developments occur. Your solidarity has brought us close to an agreement, and your committee thanks you as we try to conclude these negotiations.

Please Post on All TWU – IAM Bulletin Boards.

Reactions: V.O. Reason
AA hires in big gaps, why would they lay off guys who NOW have to work 8 yrs to top out and start with 1 week vacation, and keep old guys with 4-5-6 weeks vacation at top of the pay scale? The industry across the board from what I hear and read, many of the airlines are looking to hire and bring in new mechanics since in the next few yrs many will be gone for one reason or another. Layoffs would make no sense, it would be a POOR business decision on the leadership of AA to do that.
Never over estimate the current leaders..

NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE
29 Jan 2020

January 29, 2020

Negotiations Update

Sisters and Brothers,

Negotiations between the Association and American Airlines resumed today in Washington, DC. with some progress made. The remaining outstanding issues are few, but are some of the most important elements of a collective bargaining agreement, including wages and job scope language.

The parties will continue negotiations tomorrow, and the membership will be updated as developments occur. Your solidarity has brought us close to an agreement, and your committee thanks you as we try to conclude these negotiations.

Please Post on All TWU – IAM Bulletin Boards.
What sad is my first inclination is to be pissed and blast the association. Thats how bad it is for the membership we have very little fairh in leadership. Any leadership.
But lets look at the update.
Medical, retirement not mentioned. Wonder how that got solved?

My guess from the update that the wages and scope is mostly to do with title 2.
The fleet deal in those areas are done and have been done.
It’s probably going to just be a give an take until one side finally agrees and the hand shakes happen
We can only hope this long nightmare is about to be over but I’m not ready to get there yet

What sad is my first inclination is to be pissed and blast the association. Thats how bad it is for the membership we have very little fairh in leadership. Any leadership.
I doubt the Association would level with the membership. They haven't up to now so why start. The post about the company using the legal judgement sounds pretty believable. I expect the members will be punished for Samuelson's ill advised rant which the union will certainly pass on the punishment to the membership. The last 5-6 years have been so bizarre you couldn't make this stuff up.

It was the typical deceptive update. It said some progress was made. It would be respectful to us if the negotiators who are paid by us would state what “some” is. For all we know, no progress was made on the key items, any of them.

First I want to thank P Rez for posting the update since my local didn’t even send it out. The only difference I see in this update is that they sent it out during negotiation sessions instead of waiting for them to be over. So in that regard it gives me hope that we are finally moving to a conclusion.

Latest posts