AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Eagle, Dec 31, 2019.

1. dfw gen

dfw gen Veteran

I would like to agree with this, unfortunately its impossible to read beyween the lines as to what is truly hoing on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 1AA

1AA Veteran

#902 1AA, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    Hey, we have Alex Garcia representing title 1 & 2.
    Who could do better than that?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. NYer

NYer Veteran

Did it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AANOTOK

AANOTOK Veteran

Thank you...so many question remain, but none that haven’t been asked before.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. dfw gen

dfw gen Veteran

No kind of numb to the whole mess. Just trying to focus on overthrowing the associaton. I do hope they come to an agreement but have little faith it will happen anytime soon. It is unusal a midweek update if any update. An agreement would make the transition a little easier

6. Buck

Buck Veteran
    Contributor

The Permanent Injunction is still open-ended and the membership is going to pay the fines.
    WTF did you think? Lowest Profit Sharing and Lowest Retro...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

What your saying makes a lot of sense and is very logical.

That being said we are talking about American Airlines here. I have seen American Airlines do a lot of stupid wasteful things over the years.

Hanger 80...... being used to restore an old aircraft.

How about that floor jack device in hanger 6 (or maybe hanger 5) that was built and never used.

Were those good business decisions?

I hear they are building hanger 7? I have to ask why when hangers 3 and 4 are being used for storage. I don't know a lot about that situation as I don't work there anymore but it makes me wonder.

I agree with you 100% in theory (again your post being of sound logic). In practice I have seen a LOT of goofs (I could list another 10 easily) that were poor business decisions that cost American Airlines big time money.

8. AMFAinMIAMI

AMFAinMIAMI Veteran

LaLiLuLeLo

I have said many times at both the stations I have worked at. AA is the stupidest place I have ever worked. I assume you're talking about hangers in Tulsa.
    AA spent lots of Money at JFK re-building the terminal. Took TWA only to destroy all the routes which could of been lucrative. Gave up the Puerto Rico operation
    which was a gateway to the Caribbean. On and on all of us can think of things we don't agree on, but AA still makes money.

My opinion is a lot of that money comes from the backs of its employees. The TWU has failed US, since that is the union I work under that is where my comments
    come from. I can't speak on the Pilots/Flight attendants. The TWU has been in bed with AA and has dealt a lot of what we could of had over a lot of yrs away.
    AA has talked about shared sacrifice and all the other buzz words to gain what it wanted. But we all know they just took from us and they don't share.

We all have heard of the bonus money other carriers have given to their employees. We will see just how much the TWU does for us all when they reach a T/A.
    Bonus, Retro, whatever else, I would lay odds that the TWU will figure away to be part of the distribution of those funds. Saying it was a big Tax hit to get that money. I think we have enough smarts to deal with our own taxes. Remember the stock fiasco.?

So as I said my belief is that there will be NO Layoffs. How we stay competitive with head count compared to DL & UAL, again we will see just what we will have to give up when this T/A comes out. I don't think many will like some of the scope language & more of the contract. The IGM and the $$$ will pass it.
    Just remember they can do that Brother, the TWU favorite line. Next to MY scam protects your scam.

9. chilokie1

chilokie1 Senior

It is not only possible but most likely, you could see 500 to a 1000 workers retire within a year of a contract signing at TULE. Maybe the company could actually be proactive hiring. There is that many with 35 plus years of service, maybe more.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. 1AA

1AA Veteran

We're almost there. Just a few articles to wrap up and we should have a contract ready for you to vote on.
    Wash, rinse repeat for four years now. The association is running out of laundry detergent to white wash the membership into believing we have a promised ILC.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. B777master

B777master Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Buck

Buck Veteran
    Contributor

Do not forget increasing the voter population is a time-honored technique.
    While watching the internal hiring on JetNet, the increase in mechanics is being doubled if not tripled in Fleet.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. ATD

ATD Senior

latest Contract update:
    The lawyer with the association that is in negotiations has said we will have a deal very soon.
    has early as this coming Wednesday..
    Believe it or not but this was straight of of his mouth.
    this did not come from the blue fairy..
    My concern is: How much did we give up to kill the permanent injunction....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Sky Rocket

Sky Rocket Newbie

Tulsa seems to have good details that concur with your information. We were told no later than 18th of Feb., but probably sooner.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. 1AA

1AA Veteran

Well if it's true that we are close to a deal then this pressure from the APA may be the reason. AA wants to get us out of the way for the APA negotiations. So did AA give the Association an ultimatum that if we don't take their last or current deal we will be put on the back burner?
    Did the association fold up like a cheap lawn chair? Whatever happened to a INDUSTRY LEADING CONTRACT? We will eventually see the results of over four years of so called negotiations.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2020/01/30/american-airlines-pilots-union-dfw-picket.html

• Agree Agree x 2