AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

AA was giving the IAM members $3000 plus $3000 to change medical. Why did the TWU not fight for it's members to get the same $3000 to have to keep their current medical.
TWU were just a non factor in a lot of ways. Sad to see what they have become. I'm not fond at all of that arrangement of the medical. At least we didn't get thrown into that pension that I think will get whacked eventually. Our pension might also with the way mgmt handles things.

Not sure if I should vote no because of the bonus and no retro or just count my lucky stars that they finally have an agreement and vote yes. I’ll enjoy that sixth week off NEXT year!
...and if you have 29 years now, you get a 40 hour paycheck by not getting that week this year...

For the AMT'S, no retro and a $6,000 pretax signing bonus. Retro was a standard in labor negotiations. A first for the association. I need to see the articles and read the details. I hope I don't see a crap load of TBD on each article. Definitely not an ILC and yes we still have different articles to move forward on the AIP. Still us and them. Still IAM stations and TWU stations depending on which city you work at. No early out but it may come later outside of negotiations or if this gets turned down (doubtful) it may pop up if they go back to negotiations. So far I'm not impressed considering over four years of negotiations and it's a disappointing highlight of articles.
It's a five year deal plus. The plus is the dragging on after the amendable date. So it's going to most likely be a six or seven year contract. I'll just wait to see the entire AIP or T/A.
Like any other contract it never satisfies all members so we will have to see how it benefits each individual. I'm curious to see what the association will do if any one group rejects their respective T/A.
Is it all for one and one for all?
I'm sure if one group votes no the association will sign off on it so the other groups won't be held hostage. That's how the TWU operates and I'm sure the association is no different under the IAM. Time will tell........

Based on medical alone i will vot no. I dont like "company can change it" bs crap.

Also seen catering stays in CLT n PHL duration of the new agreement

I’m actually surprised by the PS and since so many complained about it for so long I think many will vote for just with that.
You also need to look at total compensation not just pay as to if it ILC. We are not far off our peers and in some instances higher but not all.
I don’t really get the insurance it does seem like a division but it seems that and the IAMPF were compromised and I suspect those were done in the last few days

I’m actually surprised by the PS and since so many complained about it for so long I think many will vote for just with that.
You also need to look at total compensation not just pay as to if it ILC. We are not far off our peers and in some instances higher but not all.
I don’t really get the insurance it does seem like a division but it seems that and the IAMPF were compromised and I suspect those were done in the last few days
From what i see for fleet not happy with raise but its on par with other airlines not happy with the 2% annual. Medical not fair to TWU other wise the total package is okay

Good gosh they could have had this exact deal 4 years ago. It just proves the IAM and TWU never could agree amongst themselves and they alone dragged this out.

Latest posts