AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

AA was giving the IAM members $3000 plus $3000 to change medical. Why did the TWU not fight for it's members to get the same $3000 to have to keep their current medical.
In my opinion the TWU didn't have any teeth in this fight. The IAM negotiated this and it shows.
I'd love to read the whole thing before I made a decision, but I have to say based on what I know now....No

Reactions: CremaDiLimone
So that 4.8 DOS is approx $1.48 putting us (Fleet) at about $32.29...
I'll have to decide if I mind getting hosed on the Medical without getting compensated...

Aren't you getting hosed now? You'd rather do it with less pay?

In my opinion the TWU didn't have any teeth in this fight. The IAM negotiated this and it shows.
I'd love to read the whole thing before I made a decision, but I have to say based on what I know now....No
I couldn't agree more with you.

Bob take this years company profit and put it to the new formula to see what we would have got .To compare

Just double what you'd get this year or last. We go from a 5% plan to the 10% Delta plan.

From what i see for fleet not happy with raise but its on par with other airlines not happy with the 2% annual. Medical not fair to TWU other wise the total package is okay

Everyone was clamoring for better profit sharing, they got it now the issue is pay. We lost 3% above Delta pay in exchange for the PS? Not a good exchange.

I wonder if it was approved by "The Man"

TWU.jpeg

Everyone was clamoring for better profit sharing, they got it now the issue is pay. We lost 3% above Delta pay in exchange for the PS? Not a good exchange.

Maybe, but 3% of $32.29 works out to about $1860/year. I’m not clairvoyant, but I’d certainly hope your PS under the new formula beats that?

Maybe, but 3% of $32.29 works out to about $1860/year. I’m not clairvoyant, but I’d certainly hope your PS under the new formula beats that?

It won't, unless they make about $4B a year. This year it was 1.4% of pay. If we had this plan that would be 2.8%.

Most didn't understand the difference in the payout between LAA and DL. They screamed to get the same plan thinking it translates to the same payout. It doesn't.

the dead giveaway was 'easy hour' for the AMTs.

for years, united iam; easy hour
for years, aa twu; penalty hour

the 'new aa' - easy hour. mark iam next to new aa.