AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Now that a TA is done maybe we can get the title 2 guys on board with the AMFA....

AA-MRO, The door to the Title 2 guys has always been a tough door to crack, the TWU, IBT, have said to them We don't want them with us and yes some of our own Title 1 guys as well have beat that drum. We the title 1 guys want a craft union, well they too have a craft, electric, plumbing, mechanical. NOW as this T/A is distributed for us to READ and determine the scope language, what it does to each member of our Class & Craft. It's Time for us to reach out them show them that they are Part of our CLASS & CRAFT. Tell them the NMB has them as that too. For the longest time there was RIF between the Base & Line, that was put there by the TWU. That is gone for the most part now. If this drive is going to get us a New Bargaining Unit, every A&P title 1 should work toward getting the GSE/FAC MECHANICS to join in this card drive to bring AMFA here to AA. Any disparity between the LAA and LUS should not be taken out on our class and craft members from either side of this either. The TWU/IAM created that not the membership. IT's time for us all to come together as ONE to remove the Association.

Last edited:
Hmmmm my thoughts on this. Just seeing the high lights and not the low lights and the full text.

If your a twu member:
Its clearly an iam inspired contract. Good or bad?
It definetly does not contain full retro thats a problem.
It definetly does not compensate me for the disparity of the last 5 years.
If its still a 9 year top out, thats a problem.
No regional pay is a problem, though i dont think that will ever happen under the association. Your dues are base pay, they wouldnt get a piece of premiums.
Are there good things? Yes are there bad things? Probably. Does it get it back to 2001? No. At this point for us Anything is a positive

Do i want to waste another few years and let the association continue to negotiate?

If your an iam member you come out ok.
The problem i would have is the medical better or just cheaper? I can get a clear answer on that. For example a colonoscopy is free on our side, my understanding is its just another procedure on your side.
Another problem is the retirement. Are you guys comfortable staying in it? 9% versus 4 match is a no brainer for me. If you contribute 11% they add 9% at a $120,000 a year thats $24,000 in your 401k. With all the stories on the pension im not sure i would want to be there.
If your in PIT i would do a little soul searching it looks like 5 years down the road you coukd be the next afw or mci.

For all of us, it would put us on one seniority list. Maybe bring us a little closer.

Personally if this was brought to a vote 3 years ago i would vote no and send them back.

Today? Is it something that we can vote for or send the association back?

If your a twu member and dont sign a card after this i dont know what to say.

If your an iam member your taking a huge gamble on the pension and leaving a lot of money in some one else's hands via the retirement plan. I would urge you to sign a card.

If we were able to pull together and change representation and give amfa 5 years to get their feet on the ground it may not be a bad idea.

After waiting 5 years for this master piece and staying in the association we would have to be stupid.

Reactions: thisjobsux
The IAM votes were bought, now they only need portion of the majority to pass the piece of ****.

it's amazing how they kept this and that. the company was so hoodwinked they almost gave lus fleet double the bonus of laa fleet, besides the other issues the company appeared to have caved on.

outstanding negotiating skills..kudos to sito pantoja. this guy should be a u.n. negotiator ending the israel-palestine dispute.

an honorary mention to garcia for the outstanding stores contract.

So as an IAM member yes I’m not happy I have to stay with the IAMPF. We do get a little more for our 401 but I would have just as soon dumped the pension
As far as medical I’m not yet convinced we gain anything here because we have not seen numbers and my guess is the cost difference won’t be that much between the two so we will see.
For those who think this should be a no vote keep in mind the ASS. is recommending a yes which to me almost always means it won’t improve if it’s voted down.
Much like what’s been said there are very few differences here than what we saw out on Jetnet.
Mostly the insurance and the better PS are the biggest changes.
So I doubt there will be anything better if this goes down.
Everyone must make their own decisions but unless I see things in the full agreement I can’t live with I will give it a thumbs up.
Ultimately this all has to be how best can one manage there life and expenses and honestly we are all well compensated for what we do so it’s hard to turn down these things for petty things.
Bless you all and let’s hope for a more positive future and try and all work together

So as an IAM member yes I’m not happy I have to stay with the IAMPF. We do get a little more for our 401 but I would have just as soon dumped the pension
As far as medical I’m not yet convinced we gain anything here because we have not seen numbers and my guess is the cost difference won’t be that much between the two so we will see.
For those who think this should be a no vote keep in mind the ASS. is recommending a yes which to me almost always means it won’t improve if it’s voted down.
Much like what’s been said there are very few differences here than what we saw out on Jetnet.
Mostly the insurance and the better PS are the biggest changes.
So I doubt there will be anything better if this goes down.
Everyone must make their own decisions but unless I see things in the full agreement I can’t live with I will give it a thumbs up.
Ultimately this all has to be how best can one manage there life and expenses and honestly we are all well compensated for what we do so it’s hard to turn down these things for petty things.
Bless you all and let’s hope for a more positive future and try and all work together

It looks to me like LUS has the option of either medical plan.

Four years of frustration for this? Wasn’t healthcare a reason for the impasse? The “me-too” clause is b.s. as it’s cleverly written to exclude the IAM medical plan. As I predicted, we got a TA a month after Congress axed the cadillac tax. I thought we’d all get a cadillac healthcare plan. Instead, we got a b-scale.

So what the hell, every work group gets a $6000 signing bonus except Fleet...that is bullchit!

Sounds like to me Fleet (especially TWU Fleet) is doing some subsidizing....

A $1.48 raise...lower signing bonus...more expensive medical...WTF!

So what the hell, every work group gets a $6000 signing bonus except Fleet...that is bullchit!

Sounds like to me Fleet (especially TWU Fleet) is doing some subsidizing....

A $1.48 raise...lower signing bonus...more expensive medical...WTF!

don't forget the 'easy hour'. we don't get that, everyone else does. as soon as i saw 'easy hour', i know the iam wrote the whole script.

NYer says that aa has a labor cost problem. aa decided to keep catering. others said that lus insurance was gone - the company even proposed everyone on laa insurance. made sense to me.

so, if fleet paid 3% for delta's profit sharing formula, how much did it cost to keep lus insurance and catering jobs?

i'm voting no but i know this will pass. if this does get voted down, sito will obviously believe the no votes were for a more liberal CS policy.

let garcia sit in the captain's chair if there will be another round of negotiations for fleet. if not, time to transfer to stores.

53ab2953002c4.image.jpg

LAA has the numerical advantage and we're eating this dung sandwich?

GTFOH

53ab2953002c4.image.jpg

LAA has the numerical advantage and we're eating this dung sandwich?

GTFOH
Vote no and expect what?
Moving money around and then waiting months and months for something that won’t be an improvement
Good luck with that but hey everyone must do what they think is best.
I for one am tired of loosing 1000s

don't forget the 'easy hour'. we don't get that, everyone else does. as soon as i saw 'easy hour', i know the iam wrote the whole script.

NYer says that aa has a labor cost problem. aa decided to keep catering. others said that lus insurance was gone - the company even proposed everyone on laa insurance. made sense to me.

so, if fleet paid 3% for delta's profit sharing formula, how much did it cost to keep lus insurance and catering jobs?

i'm voting no but i know this will pass. if this does get voted down, sito will obviously believe the no votes were for a more liberal CS policy.

let garcia sit in the captain's chair if there will be another round of negotiations for fleet. if not, time to transfer to stores.
They may as well have let Garcia sit outside the room. Put someone with the balls to stand up for the membership. You can't have 2 standards for one work group. I thought the TWU was a union.I don't know what they are now. What terrible leadership.

please don't stop signing cards. At least some of you can get out of this IAM led association.
Couldn't agree more screwed; members do not allow an AIP--T/A stop the card signings. Keep them coming in. Rather a yes vote or a no vote keep the cards flowing so you guys can get a voice at the table, detailed updates as you go, OBSERVERS at nego's so no rumors and misinformation, have a say so in "ALL" manners affecting the contract and your QOL, and for a superb better representational asso. for the Class & Craft of the mechanic and related.
After going through this nego's sessions, do you guys really want to do it again and again throughout your careers??? The time is now to make change for the better...

They may as well have let Garcia sit outside the room. Put someone with the balls to stand up for the membership. You can't have 2 standards for one work group. I thought the TWU was a union.I don't know what they are now. What terrible leadership.
Did the room occupiers (the negotiators we actually voted for) give their thumbs up or down. We know the IAM negotiators and how they probably voted, but I wonder if our representation battled for us or stayed seated like Garcia apparently did.

Latest posts