AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

You are correct again, but the results of these so called negotiations and what this T/A does to the Title 2 guys here at AA is a concern. TO ME, SCOPE, & $$$.
Negotiations are over am I correct? Well now we will have to see just what the TWU's road show puts out as they travel the system promoting this T/A.
All of us will get a full copy and I hope that most will read it. The association put out the highlights (positive) will they tell us what we lost in trade? Then try to justify their thinking. This is a JCBA but the IAM side has things we don't and we have things they don't. So what's the point? When they merge the seniority lists and allow transfers to other cities how will the differences be looked at by each group? The days of the membership just being sheep are over. The Union is supposed to work for the MEMBERSHIP, not the other way around. All of the other title groups and what they get or don't does not concern me either. I hope that each gets the most out of this T/A as they can. My agenda bring a bargaining unit that will look out for Maintenance and Related. ONLY.

But I will tell YOU, I will support any Union member no matter what group they belong too.

I don’t have a problem with anything you have to say, I just prefer a negotiation page focus on negotiations and an amfa page focus on amfa.

something like this would definitely get 'no' votes. sounds like another operational flop from lus mngt.

700 clerks will line up at the manning office to get their daily assignment. right.
I've seen first hand at DFW what an epic fail that is. The total disaster implemented last summer by mgmt was mind boggling. Today we learned that this Cedric fellow that was brought in as VP DFW, has suddenly retired from the company. I was told he was in his 40's. LMFAO. From what I've seen, anytime this mgmt team tries to change things to " their way" it's like the circus has come to town. I really wonder if they do it because of their adversarial attitude towards employees, or if they are just that out of touch with how to run a good large operation?

Look for more negotiators driving by defending the ta. Again in my OPINION just reading the highlights and not the language we will find its not industry leading, its not bad, its not good. Its the iam current contract with a few modifications, basically whats been on the table for two years.
This ta passing is very important to the association if it doesnt that court case looms large in the rear view mirror.

What's the before and after for the proposed wages and how does it compare to top of industry (passenger airlines only, please)

For instance Fleet is at $30.81, the proposed raises takes them to $32.29. Top of industry is DL also at $32.29.

But wait...there's more.
When we first kind of merged my manager decided moving towards TWU work rules so we hired a bunch of people and upgraded a lot to leads.SInce there is station protection it would make no sense to ho back to US rules but who knows.Thats one leadbfor 2 or 3 gates

When we first kind of merged my manager decided moving towards TWU work rules so we hired a bunch of people and upgraded a lot to leads.SInce there is station protection it would make no sense to ho back to US rules but who knows.Thats one leadbfor 2 or 3 gates

Read the TA's released last May. It's majority IAM language.

Question for LAA members from a LUS member regarding healthcare proposal.
First, agreeing it is ridiculous and kind of crazy that we are being offered different healthcare policies. But knowing this is a non-concessionary contract and anything that is given up will never be able to be regained in future contract negotiations. Would you rather have had both LAA/LUS members been given the current LAA healthcare? Or can it be understood allowing LUS members to keep their current policy was the only way to keep it on the table for both sides in the future?

So are we headed down the "When and Where directed" path (whatever that is)

That's one of many. The TWU needed to keep Members to to date with the potential changes that could come up.

All that talk of no concessions has conditioned many to believe what we had would be enhanced, strengthened. When they see the changes, they'll be against them just because they're different.

They did no prep work and now have to ingest an incredible amount of information. The IAM will be more familiar with where we ended up.

All this talk about the $3K will be a forgotten nuisance when the language comes out.

Question for LAA members from a LUS member regarding healthcare proposal.
First, agreeing it is ridiculous and kind of crazy that we are being offered different healthcare policies. But knowing this is a non-concessionary contract and anything that is given up will never be able to be regained in future contract negotiations. Would you rather have had both LAA/LUS members been given the current LAA healthcare? Or can it be understood allowing LUS members to keep their current policy was the only way to keep it on the table for both sides in the future?

Here's the thing, and most on this thread don't remember, but until the bankruptcy most groups at AA has different negotiated health plan

Ironically, at that time the argument was, why do we all to have the same medical?

Seems that adding the sunset was a means to get enough votes to give this agreement a better chance to be ratified.