AA at bottom of list

I am not surprised by mishandled bags as I have been handling AA metal loaded by AA agents which could be summed-up in two words... "bag salad". I might have a split load, even with a few connects, those bags will be in different bins buried somewhere towards the back. If it is a hot connect and it takes 25 minutes to pull a few bags, those will misconnect. Much easier if those few connects were placed into F1, and the connect runner could make flights.

I have seen A321s with the connects in the bulk, locals in A2, and more connects in A1. So we have the locals sandwiched between the connects? Why not swap the locals in A2 with the connects in A1, and then the down station can decide which bags are the priority?

When I was in PHX and a US operation, loads like this would be written up for the lead who planned these type messes, but with AA it appears to be the norm.

if we can stay a step behind united and a step in front of spirit, and more importantly the stock options keep coming we found our nitch in the industry

Well between AWA and USAir they have brought our superior airline to the bottom, and it's going to be for quite a while

We will never be the quality airline like Delta is with this management team.

Reactions: IORFA
Maybe, but there's a big changeover coming next week, and presumably the Trump Administration is going to be more open to policies that expand domestic production. Plus, if a sounder economic policy shores up the dollar, that has a corresponding impact on what we're paying on the global market.
And expansion of domestic production will drop the price of crude oil. And, the oil companies will be moaning about they can't make a decent (obscene) profit with crude oil being so cheap. I was working at Texaco when crude oil went over $50/bbl for the first time. Production department immediately started whining that we needed to cut back on production because they just couldn't make a profit at less than $60/bbl. That was in the early 1980's. We had a net profit of only $4 billion that year. And, that was when a billion dollars was real money. :rolleyes::)

Funny, my Delta buddy said he was at a meetng and their CEO made the comment as long as Parker and his management team are running AA Delta has nothing to worry about. I think we can all agree on that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Claxon and Rogallo
Well between AWA and USAir they have brought our superior airline to the bottom, and it's going to be for quite a while

Isn't it ironic that AA is at the bottom, but those management bonuses are tops?

You sound like a Hillary supporter. Time to put your resume out or accept it and move on. You should check out AA's DOT scores before the merger far from superior about about as far as you can go and that's without counting your Eagle unit . Damm ain't nothing going to humble you guys

Here are the 2017 Airline Rankings from the AQR:
1. Alaska Airlines
2. Delta Air Lines
3. Virgin America
4. JetBlue
5. Hawaiian Airlines
6. Southwest Airlines
7. SkyWest Airlines
8. United Airlines
9. American Airlines
10. ExpressJet
11. Spirit Airlines
12. Frontier Airlines

Doug Parker america west style leadership showing through.
He now has piled on 22 BILLION of debt.
Look out below!

A friend of mine who is a flight attendant for the US Airways side of the family and who commutes frequently on LAA said to me right after the merger was confirmed that "Doug Parker will cheapen everything you do in First Class." That we have ranked at the bottom for the last two years is no surprise to me. It's those frequent flyers who occupy the F/C cabin who are being polled by the WSJ.

For instance, 3+ hour flights with no meal service because the flight departs at 9:02pm--2 minutes after the close of the "dinner service window." Flight used to depart before 9pm. "It's not a reduction in service. It's a schedule change." OK, if you say so.

Another sore spot with frequent flyers is the difficulty they are encountering in trying to use their miles. See also http://www.airlineforums.com/threads/value-of-airline-loyalty.60274/

I came over to AA as a customer after accruing about 1.2 million miles on USAirways. They have always taken a lot of criticism but I rarely had problems using miles and getting upgrades with miles.

I'm now sitting on 465,000 miles and find it virtually impossible to ever use the miles for upgrades. There is really no incentive (especially with the new changes to the program) to be committed to AA or any airline for that matter.

I don't know when this list came out, but I can almost guarantee all kinds of shade thrown at AS by DL in fairly short order... Happens every time the Eskimo bests us at something.