AA at ISP--Will they Respond to F9's onslaught?

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
www.ffocus.org
With the recent announcement that Frontier is adding 10 destinations nonstop from ISP, including CLT and MIA, if I am not mistaken, it leads me to wonder if AA will respond in any way or leave PHL as the lone destination from ISP. Since AA is the only full service carrier serving ISP, I would hope they would consider SOME response, but I know that F9's prices border on the insane, although by the time you get done paying for a seat, for carryons and other unbundled items, you really haven't saved much if anything at all.

I, for one, won't touch Frontier with a 10 foot pole.....so my only hope is that AA responds..

What say you?

With the recent announcement that Frontier is adding 10 destinations nonstop from ISP, including CLT and MIA, if I am not mistaken, it leads me to wonder if AA will respond in any way or leave PHL as the lone destination from ISP. Since AA is the only full service carrier serving ISP, I would hope they would consider SOME response, but I know that F9's prices border on the insane, although by the time you get done paying for a seat, for carryons and other unbundled items, you really haven't saved much if anything at all.

I, for one, won't touch Frontier with a 10 foot pole.....so my only hope is that AA responds..

What say you?
AA should respond by putting up pilot recruitment posters in Frontier's crew rooms. Although I'm sure they aren't getting Top Guns. Besides I thought they were going after UAL

What say you?

I would prefer to be dragged behind a car the entire distance to a destination than to fly either F9 or NK. I think the Fort Worth boys have made it clear they will meet head-on the ULCC competition who come into their fortress hubs in an attempt to poach customers with extremely low fares. Out of their hubs, AA hasn't shown as much resistance to ULCC non-hub expansion, as in the case with LAS (a former US hub) where F9 and NK fly collectively to scores of cities. Then again, WN is big enough to handle either F9 or NK in LAS.

I would prefer to be dragged behind a car the entire distance to a destination than to fly either F9 or NK. I think the Fort Worth boys have made it clear they will meet head-on the ULCC competition who come into their fortress hubs in an attempt to poach customers with extremely low fares. Out of their hubs, AA hasn't shown as much resistance to ULCC non-hub expansion, as in the case with LAS (a former US hub) where F9 and NK fly collectively to scores of cities. Then again, WN is big enough to handle either F9 or NK in LAS.
Jester,

I agree with you regarding F9 or NK. If they are responding to hub flights, they might do ISP-MIA or ISP-CLT ( if only!) but I agree that the rest is a pipe dream at best.

Btw it's good to be back here....

Latest posts