AA Double Dip

La Li Lu Le Lo

Veteran
May 29, 2010
I wanted to make this post in light of the TA, the 737 MAX, the Coronavirus and American Airline's falling stock prices to remind you of something.

I want to remind all of you that last time you agreed to concessions to "save" American Airlines they rewarded their executives MILLIONS of dollars in BONUSES. They then proceeded to file BANKRUPTCY with BILLIONS of dollars in liquid assets and froze your PENSIONS after they tried, and failed, to dump them on the PBGC. After that they placed the largest aircraft order in history.

Don't let these bastards snow you into another double dip (concessions followed by bankruptcy).

If there are sacrifices to be made you make damn sure executives and management share in them.

You make damn sure you have a snap back clause.

Never again. Never forget.

Last edited:
Stupid.jpg

Here is the real plan that takes advantage of the flying public.
Permanently ground the entire 767 fleet and half the 757's. Then when this whole crazy panic virus thing is gone capacity will be down and demand will once again rise. Delta grounds 300 aircraft. About 40% of its fleet. How many will return to service? Again supply and demand. Airlines anxious to make big profits quickly. Will the airlines hit up labor for concessions and layoffs? Watch what happens by summer time.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/airlines-could-use-the-coronavirus-crisis-to-jack-up-prices-for-good/

I wanted to make this post in light of the TA, the 737 MAX, the Coronavirus and American Airline's falling stock prices to remind you of something.

I want to remind all of you that last time you agreed to concessions to "save" American Airlines they rewarded their executives MILLIONS of dollars in BONUSES. They then proceeded file BANKRUPTCY with BILLIONS of dollars in liquid assets and froze your PENSIONS after they tried and failed to dump them on the PBGC. After that they placed the largest aircraft order in history.

Don't let these bastards snow you into another double dip (concessions followed by bankruptcy).

If there are sacrifices to be made you make damn sure executives and management share in them.

You make damn sure you have a snap back clause.

Never again. Never forget.

Great post. It is unbelievable that there are still employees out there that won’t get this, but there are.

The Parker fanboys and fangirls like the fools you see at his cringeworthy Halloween performances will be coming out of the woodwork to support their hero. Always have, always will.

Do stand firm on snap backs. Really. Let us know how that works for you.

You're looking at potential layoffs of 30-50% of all operational employees. There won't be a buyout - it will be a Force Majeure layoff.

Do stand firm on snap backs. Really. Let us know how that works for you.
So what eolesen, they should take permanent cuts for a temporary situation?

Nuh uh!!

They have already been doing that for YEARS.

You're looking at potential layoffs of 30-50% of all operational employees.
Based on?

I know American Airlines is a victim of it's own debt but from what I have read even analyst don't know for sure how this will effect the airlines, how deep the cuts will go, or if they will even be significant.

If you have something to substantiate your claim please share.

There won't be a buyout - it will be a Force Majeure layoff.
Maybe. Maybe not. I think the economy will bounce back and even see a surge when this thing blows over. Maybe as soon as May.

At any rate if American wants concessions this time I say MAKE them take it through bankruptcy, don't GIVE them anything. Last thing the employees should do is allow the executives another 2 bites at the apple because the cost last time was far too damn high and long term.

Last edited:
So what eolesen, they should take permanent cuts for a temporary situation?

Nuh uh!!

That have already been doing that for YEARS.

Based on?

I know American Airlines is a victim of it's own debt but from what I have read even analyst don't know for sure how this will effect the airlines, how deep the cuts will go, or if they will even be significant.

If you have something to substantiate your claim please share.

Maybe. Maybe not. I think the economy will bounce back and even see a surge when this thing blows over. Maybe as soon as May.

At any rate if American wants concessions this time I say MAKE them take it through bankruptcy, don't GIVE them anything. Last thing the employees should do is allow the executives another 2 bites at the apple because the cost last time was far too damn high and long term.

to bad you can't vote all you can do is try to talk people that actually work here to do what you tell them please go get a life

Playing hardball might work, but I'll bet a share of AAL at today's prices that the deal on the table right now will probably be the best deal on the table for any airline in 2020.

to bad you can't vote all you can do is try to talk people that actually work here to do what you tell them please go get a life
Hey my wife works their friend. Anything that affects you affects me, not to mention I still have recall.

I have a very vested interest in your contract because it impacts MY bottom line.

If you got a problem with that feel free to apply lips to ass.

Also, before you talk to me again, grow a spine you doormat.

Last edited:
Playing hardball might work, but I'll bet a share of AAL at today's prices that the deal on the table right now will probably be the best deal on the table for any airline in 2020.
AA does have market forces working in it's favor (temporarily) to push concessions.

However, I wonder if the company thinks it is worth it to further sour an already bad relationship between labor and management just to get a quick cash grab.

We shall see what they do.

AA does have market forces working in it's favor (temporarily) to push concessions.

However, I wonder if the company thinks it is worth it to further sour an already bad relationship between labor and management just to get a quick cash grab.

We shall see what they do.
With UAL announcement bout cuts n layoffs how soon to AA n even DL?? I heard yesterday at work the top level union officials will be going to DFW to meet w executives. Dont know details

It's been way too long since 2001... Wasn't one of AA's unions in a similar "vote Yes before someone decides to pull it off the table" deal back then, too?

With UAL announcement bout cuts n layoffs how soon to AA n even DL?? I heard yesterday at work the top level union officials will be going to DFW to meet w executives. Dont know details
If thats true it sounds like we are being sold down the river again.

Latest posts