AA extends 737MAX-related cancellations to Sept.3rd

I do NOT understand why the guy who is taking the 5th would recommend to the FAA that no mention of the MCAS be included in the pilot's manual. There is a software driven response to a situation that can countermand pilot instructions and actions to the point of forcing the aircraft to crash, and "we don't think there's any need to tell the pilots about this"??????? No wonder he's pleading the 5th. As several acquaintances who know that I was a flight attendant have asked, "What else is Boeing hiding about that airplane? (As if I would know.) Just the fact that the pilot took the 5th is going to add a lot of pressure on the PR people at Boeing and at any airline that starts using the MAX again any time soon.

Amazes me that Boeing is trying to correct an aerodynamic issue by rewriting computer software. What happens if the computer software has a total failure? Is Boeing assuring the operators that the computers will not allow another event to occur if the aircraft approaches this scenario again?
What if the computers fail to compensate for this scenario? Will the crews be back at the same situation? If so at what phase of the flight will the crews be if the computers fail to engage?
I believe all aircraft are required to have some kind of manual reversion if a system has a total failure. On this case as I understand it the aircraft was aerodynamically changed from the earlier versions.
Just curious to see what Boeing will release as the final version of this computer rewrite. The European authorities aren't buying into Boeing's latest fix. They have several doubts as of yet.

Just the fact that the pilot took the 5th is going to add a lot of pressure on the PR people at Boeing and at any airline that starts using the MAX again any time soon.

I'm more interested to know what records the investigators think a former employee would be in possession of that Boeing doesn't already have. My current and past employers own all of my emails and documents, and it's really not my job or responsibility to maintain those records after my employment ends.

Call me naive, but I would not depend upon Boeing's ownership of all documents produced by Boeing employees to mean that those documents are in Boeing's possession. Particularly if the investigators suspect (or just want to confirm) that the test pilot did not remove any documents that might have incriminated him--like the revelation that he recommended (a recommendation that was accepted) that the FAA not include any mention of the MCAS in the pilot's manual. That gives the FAA upper echelons a convenient "who knew" argument regarding the MCAS omission. "What? What ever do you mean? Had I but known I would never have approved the recommendation to omit mention of the MCAS in the pilot's manual."

Not judgin'. Just sayin'. There has already been sufficient data exposed that indicates that Boeing management was more interested in getting the MAX into the showroom and off the lot than it was in following Boeing's traditional test, then test the test, approach to aircraft safety.

Saw this floating around Facebook today.

The fool is making light of a serious problem and does not even use correct grammar.

70364004_134905131108719_638676806739689472_n.jpg

Not foolish at all, just taking the temperature of the general public as it were.

Not a good thing when a large part of your fleet is being ridiculed.
First of all making fun of over 300 deaths is classless
Two AA has 24 Max’s in the Fleet and the total fleet of all planes is 940.
Not a large part of the fleet at all.
The Max is only 2.55% of AA’s total fleet.

Last edited:
Not foolish at all, just taking the temperature of the general public as it were.

Not a good thing when a large part of your fleet is being ridiculed.
And now you just concreted it. FOOL! And yes Classless as well.

Phoenix is correct a small % of the fleet. Out of our 758 plus aircraft the 34 Max's are a tiny portion. Even smaller than AA's % as they have way more aircraft in their fleet than we do.

Might be a good time for you to take a time out. It's never good to exploit deaths of people thinking a post is funny or entertaining in any sort of way.

First of all making fun of over 300 deaths is classless
I agree.

The Max is only 2.55% of AA’s total fleet.
I bet if you took a 2.55% pay cut you would think it was pretty substantial.

And now you just concreted it. FOOL! And yes Classless as well.

Phoenix is correct a small % of the fleet. Out of our 758 plus aircraft the 34 Max's are a tiny portion. Even smaller than AA's % as they have way more aircraft in their fleet than we do.

Might be a good time for you to take a time out. It's never good to exploit deaths of people thinking a post is funny or entertaining in any sort of way.
Hey swamt.... piss off. I don't care for your judgemental tone.

I never posted it to be funny......

In fact I don't think it is funny at all. I never did.

That is why I said

The fool is making light of a serious problem and does not even use correct grammar.

I posted it more for awareness of what the general public was posting on the internet.

I agree.

I bet if you took a 2.55% pay cut you would think it was pretty substantial.

Hey swamt.... piss off. I don't care for your judgemental tone.

I never posted it to be funny......

In fact I don't think it is funny at all. I never did.

That is why I said

I posted it more for awareness of what the general public was posting on the internet.
A paycut has nothing to do with your classless post. You don’t have to post it, you chose too.

Another thing not one 737-9 Max has crashed.

And I have Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. And never saw that tasteless post.

You got caught being tasteless and now are trying to deflect and twist it on others instead of admitting you were wrong

Latest posts