AA Headquarters could possibly relocate?

swamt said:
I could of sworn I read some time ago that Parker promised to keep the AA headquarters in FW.   Am I mistaken?  I think it was promised as one of the deals for Parker to run the new AA.  Now there are talks that the decision has not been made where the new AA Headquarters will be built, Wow, talk about a 180* turn...

5 things you should know: Including will American stay in Fort Worth?
Just like United promised Houston they would keep certain offices open there but closed them anyway. That made Houston mad enough to let Southwest open an International terminal at Hobby airport.

Reactions: 1 person
texasreb said:
Just like United promised Houston they would keep certain offices open there but closed them anyway. That made Houston mad enough to let Southwest open an International terminal at Hobby airport.
Which does not preclude the possibility that Dallas and Ft. Worth would be mad enough to lobby Congress to eliminate the International flight ban at DAL.

Reactions: 2 people
Pretty sure all they agreed to was keeping HDQ in TEXAS. Not necessarily Ft. Worth. I agree, IF it does happen, it will be because of some MAJOR tax incentives. Supposedly, they are really looking into the old Cowboys stadium site.

I belive the agreement you are refuring to was to get the Texas attorney General to drop his opposition to the merger. That agreement was to keep hq in north Texas not to not move to a new building somewhere else in the metroplex.

Reactions: 2 people
IORFA said:
Pretty sure all they agreed to was keeping HDQ in TEXAS. Not necessarily Ft. Worth. I agree, IF it does happen, it will be because of some MAJOR tax incentives. Supposedly, they are really looking into the old Cowboys stadium site.
The epicenter for Texas earthquakes!

IORFA said:
True. It looks like Texas keeps AA. they're already building a new IOC to accommodate a larger operation made up of both LAA and LUS employees.

I can't blame management for exploring the financial incentives that different parts of North Texas might offer in exchange for a corporate headquarters.

FWAAA said:
I can't blame management for exploring the financial incentives that different parts of North Texas might offer in exchange for a corporate headquarters.
Yeah, didn't Eagle/Envoy get incentives for their new HDQ? Seems like with Eagles vacant space and the relocation of stuff to PHX and the new IOC, there should be enough space leftover. However, Parker has said they need an updated space as well. Who knows. Doesn't effect me either way.

The agreement was North Texas. That could be anywhere in either Dallas or Tarrant County. Denton is just a bit too far removed...

texasreb said:
Not sure what you're referring to as closed down, but last I heard, UA still had somewhere between 1500 and 3000 employees still located at the old CO headquarters in downtown Houston. That's considerably more than what stayed behind in MSP and what will stay in PHX.

Parker on earnings call "we aren't particularly far along" on any potential for a HDQ move and "it isn't very high on the integration timeline"

Latest posts