AA Honors it's Best.

1AA

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
American honors it's best in the Aviation Maintenance field.
Congratulations goes in order to all the highly skilled AMT's
in the aviation field.

I would like to send a special congratulations to Kenneth MacTiernan
Director of the A.M.T.A. who has worked hard over the years promoting
this special day for his fellow AMT's around the world.
Thanks, Kenny :up: :up:

CLICK LINK BELOW:
AA AMT Day

1aa,

Thank you for the kind words. I am happy that AA is planning events across the system. American is one of several airlines that will be recognizing their skilled AMT work force across the country. United, SWA and USAirways are a few others. Events will range from big to small. The main goal is to take May 24th and set it aside to thank all of the AMTs in the industry, from FBO, General, Commercial, Private, Civil, Corporate, Experimental & Military for the responsibilities they all carry.

Baker School of Aeronautics will be holding their Fourth Annual AMT Day celebration in Tennessee with a Blue Grass Band and awards. I will post as many photos as I receive showing the wide range of events taking place this weekend. Ken

American honors it's best in the Aviation Maintenance field.
Congratulations goes in order to all the highly skilled AMT's
in the aviation field.

CLICK LINK BELOW:
AA AMT Day

Congrats to the best in the business!! I can see it now...they honor you and then say "Oh by the way, here is your WARN letter."

Congrats to the best in the business!! I can see it now...they honor you and then say "Oh by the way, here is your WARN letter."

BBT,

I see your point. However, AMT Day is not about pay & benefits. It is having the INDUSTRY recognize our responsibilities, knowledge, skill & integrity keeping all aircraft safe & airworthy. Timing is everything. The commercial side of the business is very cyclic. But as AMTs we must remain professional through the good and bad times. It will be today's AMTs handing over our knowledge to the generation of AMTs coming behind us. ;)

Ken
Thanks for all of your work on this project.Not nearly as many people knew who Charles Taylor was before you took up the cause. I think it is awesome that it has taken off as well as it has. No pun intended. Thanks again. We met during the card drive . I was the talkative guy on the stage at the Brady Theater back in 99 . See ya on the job.

CLICK LINK BELOW:
AA AMT Day

As A DL AMT I would also like to thank you.
It doesn't really matter who you work for, I believe we are all in this together, Congrats everyone! :up:

As A DL AMT I would also like to thank you.
It doesn't really matter who you work for, I believe we are all in this together, Congrats everyone! :up:

1C,

You are correct in that safety doesn't care who you work for only the skill holding the wrench. On the day before AMT Day I am receiving e-mails from different people telling me what their company is planning on doing to recognize their skilled work force. We all belong to a special craft & Brotherhood and May 24th is for all to enjoy and reflect on our profession.

I would like to wish everyone a happy AMT Day for 2008! With the recent passing of the Congressional National AMT Day Resolution, HRES #444, the over due recognition that Charles E. Taylor and today's AMTs deserve is gaining momentum. I will be posting photos of the different celebrations from across the industry as I receive them so please visit the AMTA web sight, WWW.AMTAUSA.COM, over the course of the next week or so. Events will range from big to small across the country. There will be some companies/organizations that might not be celebrating AMT Day this year because they simply might not be aware of it. But that is okay because these companies can be informed by the celebrations taking place this year and next year AMT Day will be even bigger!

If your place of work is recognizing AMT Day 2008 please send me photos and information so I may show others the growing respect for our proud, skilled craft & profession. As an example, today at the DFW Airport, in Hangar 4, American Airlines held a small ceremony to "kick-off" AMT Day for 2008. http://www.amtausa.com/amt2008.html This event was highlighted by having Mr. Ken Durst, AA Line Maintenance Director for the SW Region, Mr. Danny Martinez, AA VP Line Maintenance, Mr. Bob Redding, AA Executive VP Operations and Mr. Keith Stewart, President of TWU Union Local 565 speaking about aviation's original "Unsung Hero" and the thousands of skilled AMTs throughout AA's system. There was a copy of HRES #444 along with a bronze bust of "Charlie". A B777 was in the background which was pointed at several times to indicate how far our craft & profession has come from the first days of powered, controlled flight. For more than 100 years of aviation one thing has remained constant and that has been the ever increasing standard that the AMT profession holds itself to. Cake and water were served for the AMTs, Instructors and staff that attended the ceremony. Pizza will be delivered covering all three shifts for the AMTs scheduled to work today and tonight.

I would like to thank American Airlines and TWU local 565 for their support in recognizing just some of the men and women that are the true "Faces Behind Safety" in aircraft maintenance. I also wish to thank all of you for your support in the AMTA which is enabling the AMTA to achieve our goal of placing Charles E. Taylor back into his rightful place in history and the thousands of skilled AMTs that have followed in his footsteps. I wish you all a very happy AMT Day 2008 and a happy Memorial Day weekend! Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

Thanks Ken! When we can set aside our differences and recognize the valuable work AMT's provide, it is a good day for all.

keep up the good work Ken
Much of your effort is what helped make May 24th a day of recognition for many AMTs
Hope all of us had a great AMT Day