AA may cut service to smaller cities

Wish they would just go ahead and announce which specific cities are involved. It's not like some magic airline genie is going to swoop down and uncover the pile of money that will maintain service to those cities.
NM Kev. posted the cities.

I could see ROW becoming an EAS city. They're a looooong way from anywhere to not have air service.

DBQ is an interesting one to me; there are several airports near it (CID, LSE, MSN, RST, etc.), but all are far enough away to not be too practical. I wonder if DL might try 1-2x to MSP again. Doubtful, I know, but...

What's in Roswell besides UFO museum? And Roswell is just a 2.5 hour drive from Lubbock (shortest route), and you can add 28 miles to your itinerary and throw in a visit to Muleshoe! Oops! Forgot that ROW is Roswell International Air Center. Do they serve LHR or SIN?:):rolleyes:

Last edited:
What's in Roswell besides UFO museum? And Roswell is just a 2.5 hour drive from Lubbock (shortest route), and you can add 28 miles to your itinerary and throw in a visit to Muleshoe! Oops! Forgot that ROW is Roswell International Air Center. Do they serve LHR or SIN?:):rolleyes:
Maybe the government can ask the UFO's to provide air service. The aliens might butt probe a few passengers but I am sure the government is willing to take that risk.

I'd like to think EAS is not long for this world. If you're on an interstate or US highway, there's no excuse for keeping air service. Alaska is unique. Arkansas, Wyoming or New Mexico, not as much of a need.

I'd like to think EAS is not long for this world. If you're on an interstate or US highway, there's no excuse for keeping air service. Alaska is unique. Arkansas, Wyoming or New Mexico, not as much of a need.

Just my opinion...A lot of the EAS flights have a direct correlation to how far a member of Congress has to drive from the nearest airport to his "home" in the District. If its more than 1 hour and member has a major donor who owns a dirt runway "airport" in the district that is nearer to the Congressional homestead, there's a good chance that the donor's airport will get a paved runway and an EAS designation. Cynical? Moi? How could you say such a thing?

"American is cutting service to these airports: Del Rio, Texas; Dubuque, Iowa; Florence, South Carolina; Greenville, North Carolina; Huntington, West Virginia; Joplin, Missouri; Kalamazoo/Battle Creek, Michigan; Lake Charles, Louisiana; New Haven, Connecticut; New Windsor, New York; Roswell, New Mexico; Sioux City, Iowa; Springfield, Illinois; Stillwater, Oklahoma; and Williamsport, Pennsylvania."
Here is some additional info (courtesy of Cranky Flyer) as to why these cities were dropped.
https://crankyflier.com/2020/09/03/a-closer-look-at-the-15-cities-american-chose-to-drop/

Interesting point of trivia: There was a city on the list that is a designated EAS location. American evidently didn't know it was an EAS destination because they never applied for or collected the EAS subsidy. However, they still have to have permission from the government to drop service to that city because of its EAS status.o_O

Last edited: