AA Mechanic's seek card drive for AMFA representation

No I went and borrowed his posts as he had the information looked up.

Glad to see you couldnt refute it now, could you?

I have over 17,000 posts, no need for more than one sign in.

Its called copy and paste.

How were the UAL concessions any different from US? They were in c11. And in their bankruptcy they retained higher wages than US bankruptcy. At NW, they went on strike because of the terms the company wanted at the table. Never heard of AMFA telling their members that they are confused...

The deck was stacked against the guys at NWA. NWA didnt want to be in the overhaul mx business. They stood up for what they believed in. They came together.

No I went and borrowed his posts as he had the information looked up.

Glad to see you couldnt refute it now, could you?

I have over 17,000 posts, no need for more than one sign in.

Its called copy and paste.

Sorry 700, didn't read all of it. Kinda looks like one of WT's posts so I skipped most of it. I'll read it at some point. As far as refuting what I've read, don't know what here is to refute. AMFA has made their mistakes, just like the other unions. But, I'm not here singing praise constantly of AMFA, which is what you do of the IAM. All I was saying is that it would be refreshing to have US Air vote in AMFA, along with AA, and I know UAL is trying to get them back. I didn't see you refute that the IAM told the members they were 'confused' when they goes down concessions. Same problem with the TWU... 'without further ratification...'

Reactions: 1 person
Siegel was going to hold his own vote, and if that failed he was going to file a section 1113 c abrogation motion. The International made the decision to revote as they didnt want the company in charge of the process.

Siegel was going to hold his own vote, and if that failed he was going to file a section 1113 c abrogation motion. The International made the decision to revote as they didnt want the company in charge of the process.

So they intended to continue revoting until it passed, so that they could be in charge of the process. Well as long as they were in charge of the process. :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
Confused..."Vote Till You Get It Right"...the company tells the Union!! After that I lost all respect for the IAM, really a joke among true trade unions!!! I truly believe the IAM could care less about the member, just their $$$. Great example is 142 Observer and the two page article on organizing El Salvador.....

Ready for someone to come in to USAir and "represent" its members!!!

AMFA 25,000 members in 2000, now 3,000. The UA guys ran away from AMFA when they saw how they fought for the IND and OAK bases. Those jobs were given up under AMFA's watch which is a big reason why they smartened up and left the craft union for the industrial one (IBT).
The UA INDY MOC was shut down under the IAM Watch when UA put the M&R on ANP.
IAM negotiated to get them 60 days pay and bumping rights.
The best contract we ever got was through the PEB.
FYI, the reamsters promised the moon (immediate section 6, IBT pension with a 10 year vestment, etc...) They "LIED"!
Also, the IBT organizers were all ex-IAM officers, stewards, etc...
The IAM is better than the IBT, IMO, but that's not saying much.
B) xUT

Reactions: 787nightmare
FYI, the reamsters promised the moon (immediate section 6, IBT pension with a 10 year vestment, etc...) They "LIED"!
B) xUT

------------- edited by ME ------------------------Since I can't actually "edit" :lol:
United plan could leave city holding $100M bag

Members of the International Association of Machinists (IAM) will vote on the controversial changes April 29. If they vote no, United's lawyers will ask a bankruptcy judge for his blessing to break the old IAM contract.

Only a few hundred workers and a couple of Boeing 737s remain. By early May, the center will close. United had told workers they were being placed on unpaid leave because of the war. But after the International Association of Machinists sought a court injunction, the airline agreed to pay mechanics a severance and consider transfers to another United facility.

B) xUT

This post is worth a re-read as the teamsters are notorious for making the same ridiculous claim that AMFA lost IND & OAK.

The ibt lied to get onto the UAL property, plain and simple.

The AMFA authorization cards are flying in at AA. Your desperation is so apparent, why would you care? Are you not a baggage handler anyway? The AMTs at AA have had enough non-representation already!

Call it what you want, at AA stores pay is pretty much the same as baggage handlers. Utility is non existent at AA - you wouldn't be negotiating for M&R at AA. You should stick with your homies in your own title groups. A&Ps don't need your kind of help. Thanks anyway.

Latest posts