AA Mechanic's seek card drive for AMFA representation

Wow, you know so much about labor relations at US, not!

When we went on strike in 92, it was for the mechanics, stores and utility got a good deal and the mechanics didnt, we supported our mechanics 100% and walked for them to get a better deal.

That is what unionism is all about, supporting each other, not trying to alientate one group over another, thinking you are better than someone.

NW proved a mechanic and can be replaced, and where has the elitist attitude gotten the mechanics who act like they are superior?

Look around every airline outsources and AMFA is one of the lead unions in agreeing to outsourcing.

At US the certification is Mechanic and Related which also is stores and utility.

One's classification has nothing to do with their education and skill level at negotiations.

How did that being "mechanic" only, which is the truth cause AMFA still had to represent the cleaners at NW, work out for them?

Glad to see your true elitist colors are showing.

And I didnt care if my members were mechanics, stores or utility, I represented everyone equally, and I was the first and related at US to ever be appointed to the negotiating committee.

Reactions: 1 person
There is Alot to think about for this VOTE, its easy to Be An ARMCHAIR Q/B. Think about it, what would the AMFA , TWU or IAM Org's do for Our Position? We will have to go with The BEST Contract taking The M&R US/AA People Forward. The IAM Contract VS The TWU M&R Contract. Have You all Compared? These TWO Animals? We are doing that as WE speak. You also have to consider How many Mechanics will be laid off? What Rules? If they Null The TWU AA contract then Where does Seniority Play out? Do The AA Mechanics get stapled to the Bottom of the List> HUMM lots to think about. Mr Eagle

Wow, you know so much about labor relations at US, not!

When we went on strike in 92, it was for the mechanics, stores and utility got a good deal and the mechanics didnt, we supported our mechanics 100% and walked for them to get a better deal.

That is what unionism is all about, supporting each other, not trying to alientate one group over another, thinking you are better than someone.

NW proved a mechanic and can be replaced, and where has the elitist attitude gotten the mechanics who act like they are superior?

Look around every airline outsources and AMFA is one of the lead unions in agreeing to outsourcing.

At US the certification is Mechanic and Related which also is stores and utility.

One's classification has nothing to do with their education and skill level at negotiations.

How did that being "mechanic" only, which is the truth cause AMFA still had to represent the cleaners at NW, work out for them?

Glad to see your true elitist colors are showing.

And I didnt care if my members were mechanics, stores or utility, I represented everyone equally, and I was the first and related at US to ever be appointed to the negotiating committee.
I will tell you this about AMFA, our contract ran out in 2012, it is now 2017, with no end it sight for a T/A to vote on.We are going into year six, who knows how long it will be. You have 4 ALR s driving the boat, and will not sign off until they get what they want. Plus they are trying to sell scope for money. So there you go. I am at SWA !

Reactions: 787nightmare
Where the hell did this thread come from? It's more than 5 years old. Did the moderators shuffle some threads? It was listed in my column as unread and I cannot see why. Any ideas Eagle???

Yeah, this wasn't too far before the Teamsters phoney filing with the NMB with forged cards - to prevent the AA AMFA card drive cards being filed. There were more than enough AMFA cards signed at AA - at the time. Teamsters just doing what industrial unions do. One size fits all. Pathetic... Any AMT that has a doubt as to the collusion between the TWU - AA - IBT, and the NMB would really have to look at the odds that AA was able to produce the signatures to the NMB on the same day that the Teamsters turned in their forged cards is astronomical. AA doesn't do anything that fast unless it involves forcing concessions on employees. Oddley enough, that's pretty much how it gets explained. Funny how after it was discovered the vast majority of the Teamster authorization cards were discovered to be forgeries, the NMB conveniently stood by their ruling, when it was obvious the Teamsters had no interest in representing AAs AMTs.

Yeah, this wasn't too far before the Teamsters phoney filing with the NMB with forged cards - to prevent the AA AMFA card drive cards being filed. There were more than enough AMFA cards signed at AA - at the time. Teamsters just doing what industrial unions do. One size fits all. Pathetic... Any AMT that has a doubt as to the collusion between the TWU - AA - IBT, and the NMB would really have to look at the odds that AA was able to produce the signatures to the NMB on the same day that the Teamsters turned in their forged cards is astronomical. AA doesn't do anything that fast unless it involves forcing concessions on employees. Oddley enough, that's pretty much how it gets explained. Funny how after it was discovered the vast majority of the Teamster authorization cards were discovered to be forgeries, the NMB conveniently stood by their ruling, when it was obvious the Teamsters had no interest in representing AAs AMTs.
Sounds like you need you guys need another AMFA card drive , you would probably get it this time.

I say wait to get a contract and then send TWU and the IAM packing. The incoming union will have to honor our contract!

lolololollolololololololmaolollmfaolololol.

Sorry couldn't help myself.

weez, be very, very careful there. The teamsters thought the exact very same thing here when AMFA was trying to get in. Then BAM!!! They were fired in a record card drive in 2 weeks and replaced. Don't just be complacent and think it will never happen. That's the same way most of you think that no future "lay-offs" will happen after this merger is totally done.

weez, be very, very careful there. The teamsters thought the exact very same thing here when AMFA was trying to get in. Then BAM!!! They were fired in a record card drive in 2 weeks and replaced. Don't just be complacent and think it will never happen. That's the same way most of you think that no future "lay-offs" will happen after this merger is totally done.

I can never stop pointing to the "REALITY" of the situation that is a very clear picture.

"Guys" people have been trying to bring in AMFA longer than I've been alive by 1 year, 53 years. There were numerous moments in time and some maybe very legitimate where they could/should have replaced both TWU and IAM over the years and it never happened at either US or AA.

And then we have the AMFA 8 (8 write in's for the IBT attempt at US) e.i.g.h.t....

Today's reality. Huge raises that make more people calmer. A Solidarity Campaign by the new TWU Prez all over the system against AA being attended by thousands. And soon enough a JCBA that I "think" will be quite acceptable to the Membership as a whole.

BTW swamt TWU Prez John Samuelsen prides himself on his militancy. Maybe you should do some reading up on the Dude. I have an honest feeling one day you're going to come into the fold frankly. (In my totally humble opinion)

I can never stop pointing to the "REALITY" of the situation that is a very clear picture.

"Guys" people have been trying to bring in AMFA longer than I've been alive by 1 year, 53 years. There were numerous moments in time and some maybe very legitimate where they could/should have replaced both TWU and IAM over the years and it never happened at either US or AA.

And then we have the AMFA 8 (8 write in's for the IBT attempt at US) e.i.g.h.t....

Today's reality. Huge raises that make more people calmer. A Solidarity Campaign by the new TWU Prez all over the system against AA being attended by thousands. And soon enough a JCBA that I "think" will be quite acceptable to the Membership as a whole.

BTW swamt TWU Prez John Samuelsen prides himself on his militancy. Maybe you should do some reading up on the Dude. I have an honest feeling one day you're going to come into the fold frankly. (In my totally humble opinion)
Well I was there when Teamsters got kicked out at SWA , yes there was a card drive to get a vote. But not that many people voted to get AMFA into SWA , I think we Teamsters guys thought they would never get in, and were complacent, but they got in because of the votes , the majority rules .

Well I was there when Teamsters got kicked out at SWA , yes there was a card drive to get a vote. But not that many people voted to get AMFA into SWA , I think we Teamsters guys thought they would never get in, and were complacent, but they got in because of the votes , the majority rules .

Circumstances can sometimes precipitate regretful actions. Unfortunately for many who worked at AA over the years the circumstances were never egregious enough to push a large enough majority over the edge to make the change happen.

Besides I'll still always say that all these Unions they gripe about are nothing more than acronyms. Go ahead and change out that underwear. Eventually they all get piss stains on them anyway if you don't shake it enough.