AA Mechanic's seek card drive for AMFA representation

Well I was there when Teamsters got kicked out at SWA , yes there was a card drive to get a vote. But not that many people voted to get AMFA into SWA , I think we Teamsters guys thought they would never get in, and were complacent, but they got in because of the votes , the majority rules .

Oh and the majority does rule. Precisely why AMFA has not gotten in at AA.

Well I was there when Teamsters got kicked out at SWA , yes there was a card drive to get a vote. But not that many people voted to get AMFA into SWA , I think we Teamsters guys thought they would never get in, and were complacent, but they got in because of the votes , the majority rules .

Yes, majority rules and as long as the "other" is larger than the mechanics, the Industrial Unionism will dominate any vote.

Wow, you know so much about labor relations at US, not!

When we went on strike in 92, it was for the mechanics, stores and utility got a good deal and the mechanics didnt, we supported our mechanics 100% and walked for them to get a better deal.

That is what unionism is all about, supporting each other, not trying to alientate one group over another, thinking you are better than someone.

NW proved a mechanic and can be replaced, and where has the elitist attitude gotten the mechanics who act like they are superior?

Look around every airline outsources and AMFA is one of the lead unions in agreeing to outsourcing.

At US the certification is Mechanic and Related which also is stores and utility.

One's classification has nothing to do with their education and skill level at negotiations.

How did that being "mechanic" only, which is the truth cause AMFA still had to represent the cleaners at NW, work out for them?

Glad to see your true elitist colors are showing.

And I didnt care if my members were mechanics, stores or utility, I represented everyone equally, and I was the first and related at US to ever be appointed to the negotiating committee.

Your assessment of what happened at NWA is a tad bit skewed to say the least. The whole reason that AMFA went on strike at NWA was because the company wanted to outsource the non AMT mechanics - facilities and automotive. The companies proposal would have put over half the membership on the street. The vast majority of which would be non AMT mechanics. They never fully recovered from that dynamic. The tech writers at NWA had to literally rewrite the maintenance manuals to dumb them down for the scabs. The problem was covered up with the eventual merge with Delta shortly after.

Reactions: 787nightmare
Your assessment of what happened at NWA is a tad bit skewed to say the least. The whole reason that AMFA went on strike at NWA was because the company wanted to outsource the non AMT mechanics - facilities and automotive. The companies proposal would have put over half the membership on the street. The vast majority of which would be non AMT mechanics. They never fully recovered from that dynamic. The tech writers at NWA had to literally rewrite the maintenance manuals to dumb them down for the scabs. The problem was covered up with the eventual merge with Delta shortly after.

Vortillon you do know I hope that the Admins banished 700UW (apparently for life) from Forums and that he can't refute any responses to something he wrote years ago right?

He wrote that on June 16, 2012.

Over 5 years ago.

Reactions: Strake
And is it now our Vice President of Maintenance Operations, Mr. Paul Wroble, who was leading the operation at Northwest at the time?

C'mon boys, put the puzzle together!!

And is it now our Vice President of Maintenance Operations, Mr. Paul Wroble, who was leading the operation at Northwest at the time?

C'mon boys, put the puzzle together!!
Sounds like you better keep your Association at, least you guys,would have more bargaining power than AMFA would give you, because if you guys were AMFA, he would use the same playbook, he used at Northwest.

Sounds like you better keep your Association at, least you guys,would have more bargaining power than AMFA would give you, because if you guys were AMFA, he would use the same playbook, he used at Northwest.

TWU at SWA represents both the Ramp and the FA's. Can you imagine the protests that could be brought to bear to help your cause if they also represented you Mechanics?

TWU got around 3000 people (throughout the day) to come out in DFW.

And more protests are to come Nationwide BTW.

We all know his assessments of what happened at NWA was way off and most of his postings were simply made up as he went. I will leave that at that since he has been removed from this forum and he cannot defend, but we all know how he operated. You are correct that when a company wants to lay off over 50% of the members they will easily get a strike vote from the members, that's a no brainer and that's what the company wanted. BTW Vortilon, we too have one of the old NWA operators that put them in the ground, he's our VP of Maint as well, hmmmm...

Not to worry, this abortion of an association will remain in power until enough people grow a set to put an end to it!!

And as it's been said before, A union is a union is a union! Just rewrite the playbook!

TWU at SWA represents both the Ramp and the FA's. Can you imagine the protests that could be brought to bear to help your cause if they also represented you Mechanics?

TWU got around 3000 people (throughout the day) to come out in DFW.

And more protests are to come Nationwide BTW.
The TWU will never represent SWA mechanics. F/A's are currently trying to replace the TWU representing them. Ramp? Not sure yet but I am hearing some rumbles.

hmmmm is right! Sorry to hear that.
Yea, us too. We are trying so hard for him to not pull the same BS.

The TWU will never represent SWA mechanics. F/A's are currently trying to replace the TWU representing them. Ramp? Not sure yet but I am hearing some rumbles.

You said it yourself swamt, never say never.

You said it yourself swamt, never say never.
You can never predict the future, it all depends how long negotiations drag on, and when you finally do get a contract. You will look at what you get and if you are satisfied your union stays. If you think you got hosed, and they are not really representing you as a group, you get rid of them.

Latest posts