AA new intl n AS

Alaska will join One World nxt year. Also in October of this yr AA will do a Bangalore India to SEA flight. Any thoughts

aa used to fly ord-new delhi.

flight always full, aa claims it was a loser. city pair had to always devote 3 777s to route. 1 in each city and 1 in the air.

don't understand india market. not enough seats for usa-india flying, yet, no one wants to fly it.

out of ord; emirates, etihad and qatar all leave full, pax are 85% indians needing to connect in middle east to get to india. air india also flies out of ord direct flight, still not enough seats.

we'll see how our mngt. handles this. hopefully, a strong price point.

Reactions: robbedagain
aa used to fly ord-new delhi.

flight always full, aa claims it was a loser. city pair had to always devote 3 777s to route. 1 in each city and 1 in the air.

don't understand india market. not enough seats for usa-india flying, yet, no one wants to fly it.

out of ord; emirates, etihad and qatar all leave full, pax are 85% indians needing to connect in middle east to get to india. air india also flies out of ord direct flight, still not enough seats.

we'll see how our mngt. handles this. hopefully, a strong price point.
AA did not have a cost advantage over Air India,which no one wanted to fly.Add in that AA passengers had a disadvantage when going through customs?...It was said that AA lost $20 million a year ORD-DEL.

SEA-BLR will be supported almost exclusively by business traffic from Amazon and Microsoft. Both have their main US HDQ's in SEA, and their India HDQ's in BLR. From what I've heard, there are over 200 business travelers per day in the market, so this is smart.

ORD-India has little to no comparison aside from leisure traffic.

With their entry into oneworld, AA is also said to be adding SEA-LHR, which BA already flies.

My guess is this is where AA focused their attention after losing LATAM to DL....

SEA-BLR will be supported almost exclusively by business traffic from Amazon and Microsoft. Both have their main US HDQ's in SEA, and their India HDQ's in BLR. From what I've heard, there are over 200 business travelers per day in the market, so this is smart.

ORD-India has little to no comparison aside from leisure traffic.

With their entry into oneworld, AA is also said to be adding SEA-LHR, which BA already flies.

My guess is this is where AA focused their attention after losing LATAM to DL....
Flying the newly upgraded A319 with drop tanks and vertically stacked seats. :)

John NYC is saying more to come from SEA he said the two biggest rumors are SIN and KUL. He has some solid sources and has a pretty high batting average.

John NYC is saying more to come from SEA he said the two biggest rumors are SIN and KUL. He has some solid sources and has a pretty high batting average.[/QUOTE

Is AA thinking of adding SIN n KUL? If so is it possible AA might build SEA up similar to DL build up MIA???

Flying the newly upgraded A319 with drop tanks and vertically stacked seats. :)
Having just returned from a trip to New Zealand and Australia, there would have to be someone who will pay my Business Class (formerly known as First Class) fare to get me to fly that far again with my knees jammed against the back of the seat in front of me.. I spent 17.5 hours in the air in airplanes that almost (not quite) had seats stacked vertically. The only competitor they are looking to beat with this sardine can configuration would be Spirit.

As for this flight, if E is correct, they are going to have to reconfigure the 787s to more humane configurations. Business people will not put up with jamming more and more seats into the same small space and then have to pay higher and higher fares.