AA Outsourcing Everything

Not sure I see anything in this story that they are outsourcing
Looks to me like they are consolidating the parts inventory to be more efficient
Something I believe that has been a complaint of many in the maintenance group.

I was attempting sarcasm. Since they are investing 100 million for a new stores facility.

Not sure I see anything in this story that they are outsourcing
Looks to me like they are consolidating the parts inventory to be more efficient
Something I believe that has been a complaint of many in the maintenance group.
Well, they do need to keep the experienced guys on board to spot problems with the automated system and keep the new stores system moving until they eliminate the kinks and train the new minimum wage workers. :eek:

common sense when two companies join there is going to be much duplication.
I see about 800 jobs in stores/ maintenance duplication.
In reality if the whole place is to be automated, the layoffs will be greater than just choosing between 2 stock pullers and terminating one of them. It may turn out that neither of them is still needed.

Found this article on Dallas Business Journal.
https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2019/09/30/american-airlines-dfw-airport-facility.html. Article says it will sit on a 30-acre site on North Service Road. Annual rent on the land will be $875,000!!! That's over $29,000/acre/year Guys, we in the wrong bidness. We should have gone with the rent land for the new airport facilities business. Sure better return than planting corn and soy beans.