AA Pilots are still unhappy.

Worldport said:
Leave the gate on time or else, mixed with the TSA lines  I think they have a point
Massive concern too if they can't bump a paying passenger to get back home during OSO.

I'd like to understand just a little more about this honestly? I still remember that one time that the APA was trying to negotiate that they should have a special "we come first" boarding priority for non revving. Oh and I think they wanted their family included in that as well.

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
Massive concern too if they can't bump a paying passenger to get back home during OSO.

I'd like to understand just a little more about this honestly? I still remember that one time that the APA was trying to negotiate that they should have a special "we come first" boarding priority for non revving. Oh and I think they wanted their family included in that as well.
What they want and what they get are two different things

bob@las-AA said:
I had breakfast at Denny's and was not happy with my biscuits and gravy, I want them not only too comp my meal, pay for my meal somewhere else.
Try one of Weassles Brazilian breakfasts next time

bob@las-AA said:
I had breakfast at Denny's and was not happy with my biscuits and gravy, I want them not only too comp my meal, pay for my meal somewhere else.
You just got a green.

I think they should go on strike - shut the airline down and drive customers elsewhere

jcw said:
I think they should go on strike - shut the airline down and drive customers elsewhere
I doubt any of them will come on this thread to share their views? They're too busy bickering about the Nicolai award for countless years now on their own thread to be distracted.

WeAAsles said:
It seems that AA Pilots aren't happy with the contract they agreed to last year?

The contract was effective in January 2016.  However, almost every section was previously settled as part of the original merger MOU, which was signed more than 3 years ago.

Parker/Kirby pulled their usual bait and switch.  Provision that benefited the company were implemented within months.  Numerous sections that were to the employees' advantage have been stalled to this day.  The same is true with the other unions on the property.

This is not the LUS employees' first go 'round with these con men.  The exact same scenario played out after the US/AWA merger.  We saw this train coming and are not surprised.  We tried to warn the American folks but they wanted to believe that things would be different this time.  Now they get it, and you can see the result.

Reactions: 8 people
dariencc said:
The contract was effective in January 2016.  However, almost every section was previously settled as part of the original merger MOU, which was signed more than 3 years ago.

Parker/Kirby pulled their usual bait and switch.  Provision that benefited the company were implemented within months.  Numerous sections that were to the employees' advantage have been stalled to this day.  The same is true with the other unions on the property.

This is not the LUS employees' first go 'round with these con men.  The exact same scenario played out after the US/AWA merger.  We saw this train coming and are not surprised.  We tried to warn the American folks but they wanted to believe that things would be different this time.  Now they get it, and you can see the result.
Thanks. We still have a "revenue gain sharing" LOA in our contract that Parker and co have avoided like a plague.

That part I can understand you guys being PO'd about. But are you guys trying to force them to open your contract up for more improvements after you already agreed to a deal? I have to ask because even the FA's are trying to get the company to back off the hard 40 after they had already put pressure on to get it removed and then voted no anyway.

They may have played both you guys and the FA's but a deal is a deal and you shouldn't hate the player, only the game. No offense meant.

Hoping my group is a little better chess player.

WeAAsles said:

We have hundreds of people deadheading around the system every day.  They on working assignment from the company, not non revving.  It is a cost of doing business. 

Positive space deadheads were the norm at LUS, and are the norm today at Delta, United, Southwest, Alaska and others.  People who travel more than half the month on the road tend to prefer getting home when their work is done rather than sit around airports all day or spend another night at the Holiday Inn. 

The deadhead issue is just one of many.  The pilots and F/As want to be treated in the same way that our competitors treat their employees.  So do the other employee groups.  It is what Parker promised in order to get their support for the merger.  He never intended to live up to it.  Big surprise.

Reactions: 5 people
Worldport said:
Leave the gate on time or else, mixed with the TSA lines  I think they have a point

Trying to take the command authority away from the flight deck is a bad idea.I'd expect to see the number of departure time maintenance calls to address things found on the walkaround to skyrocket.Much like they did during the bankruptcy and the "Best Last Final Offer" Kabuki.

Never mind local management holds planes for connecting pax and bags all the time.

Reactions: 2 people
dariencc said:
We have hundreds of people deadheading around the system every day.  They on working assignment from the company, not non revving.  It is a cost of doing business. 

Positive space deadheads were the norm at LUS, and are the norm today at Delta, United, Southwest, Alaska and others.  People who travel more than half the month on the road tend to prefer getting home when their work is done rather than sit around airports all day or spend another night at the Holiday Inn. 

The deadhead issue is just one of many.  The pilots and F/As want to be treated in the same way that our competitors treat their employees.  So do the other employee groups.  It is what Parker promised in order to get their support for the merger.  He never intended to live up to it.  Big surprise.

Look, we get your whole pilot jealousy thing.  We used to see it all the time on the pilot threads from 770UW.  Like all jealousies, the problem is self esteem and the solution is self esteem.  Get help!
Not jealous in the slightest actually. I 100% agree that they should immediately implement every aspect of your contract that was negotiated. And thank you for explaining the deadheading issue to me as well. I get to go home every night and feel you should as well when your work assignments are concluded. Flying constantly I'm sure is extremely stressful not to mention the atmospheric radiation you're constantly exposed to. I read a study that stated that the average career pilot doesn't live too long into retirement and wish more could be done to insulate those aircraft.

But again are you also trying to renege on deal that you guys agreed to? Are you looking for more money? I really am curious.

Do you feel that your group in hindsight shouldn't have agreed to the negotiating protocol that you agreed to?

TWU refused to sign that agreement. Do you think they should have now?

dariencc said:

im LAA but saw through Parker the first town hall meeting, being a used car sales man delta plus 7 . Then it went delta plus 3 now we will pay what the other carriers pay. But before all that before the psa he took our LAA flex vacation away ,after losing a week in the bk contract . I know some people did not use there flex week but I did. And a lot of other amts did allso . Now what I hear from the grapevine is the delta pilots told delta management if they took the merger they would shut delta down. So Parker had to sell the merger to the aa unions. I noticed but I guess the aa unions did not. That Parker had work to do in his on back yard , the flight attendants east and west had not had a jcba yet and the pilots. The amts and ground workers are still living with out raises. But here is Parker making promises to the aa unions. They bought it hook line and sinker. there hate for Horton got in there way. Horton was not the answer for aa but either is Parker. But Horton did not go on jetnet make promises to employees then not deliver. Parker said they were waiting on the association. That the company had all kind of good things for us amts.Then he has glass a union buster as part of the company nc. Your right dariencc there good at implementing there side of the contract when it benefits them.there great at bait and switch. So I glad your union sees the light now and wrote this letter. They always make excuses when it's our side to implement. And they love taking things away . A good example of them not implementing is there match of our retirement medical . If we owed that money to them they would of took it out of our pay checks already. But they refuse to pay us .

Reactions: 2 people