Aa Recieves Credit For "forgiving" 26 Million Doll

mjk said:
Year 1: 23% reduction from current base rates
Year 2 - 6: 17% reduction from current base rates offset by 1.5% increase annually

Your 23% goes away 1 May.

With the 1.5% annual increase you'll be at a 15.5%.

Just think, you'll be at "16-17% like everyone else" before you know it.

Oh, and you forgot to mention a couple other things:

Typical stock option per pilot should be approximately 1026 options.
Reserve Guarantee increased from 70 to 73 hours.

AAviator said:
Wouldn't you say its a good thing to have this ugly chapter in our history closed?

APA made it ugly by engaging in an illegal job action, why should the company have to 'clean it up'?

APA got busted, plain and simple, and then spun it as mgmt being harsh and inflexible when APA had to start making payments.

AAviator said:
Lastly, if you can explain why AMR made it corporate policy to never involve labor when their action is a direct violation of a CBA, I'll look for logic in your last statement.

If mgmt violated the CBA there are steps in place to deal with such a violation. (FYI- a sick out is not one of those steps)

You wouldn't shoot your neighbor's dog for peeing in your yard, would ya?
Thanks for noticing we took 23%. Thats a book rate. I personally took a lot more. Close to 50% due to seat loss. But I'm not complaining. And I'm sure someone will spin that too!

As for the options, so what?

As for the job action, the company got their money sooner. How is this bad for AA? You'll have to fill me in on the harsh and inflexible remark.....

As far as violation of the CBA, the Reno purchase (at the time they took control) was a direct violation of the CBA. Are you forgetting the Canadian code share fiasco a couple of years before? You are correct in the context of dealing with contract violation.

We paid for it.

Its over.

Time to move on?

AAviator said:
I personally took a lot more. Close to 50% due to seat loss. But I'm not complaining. And I'm sure someone will spin that too!
You bet I will.

Some of my TWA captain friends not only lost their seats, they lost their jobs. That equals a 100% paycut.

You should be glad that you have a job. Oops, that is what the nAAtives used to tell us.

AAviator said:
garfield, paycheck envy. waaa. your comments require no further response.
Hell yes I am envious of your pay check. You come work 190 hours a month and take home what I do and you'd be envious as well.

Yea, but you did respond no didn't you? ~~grinz~~

If I look at the avarage Captains pay it is about $140.71/hour. So if you deduct 25% (=35.18) you still make $105.53/hour. There are people who make $12/hour and they give 20%.

I''ll start by saying I'm a AMT at TULE. AA pilots are not overpaid, we AMT's are underpaid.If you remember Bill Clinton took away the APA's right to self help when he ordered an end after 8 minutes to the strike that they called. The attitudes towards pilots by other work groups is why organized labor is in trouble.The pilots should be viewed as our union brothers and sisters instead of the enemy.I'm glad the money did not have to be paid and if the TWU had any b_ _ _s they would have joined the APA in a job action. If the politicians keep intervening in labor disputes then we are going to have to use unorthodox methods of self help.The "so called" job security clause of the AA/TWU agreement is one of the worst things that ever happened to labor by tying our hands.Who in the hell thought that agreeing to "no strike for job protection" was a good thing for organozed labor?We voluntarily gave away to the company our main bargaining tool of self help.Look at LABOR in Europe.They park vehicles and thousands of people on their runways when they take a job action and they get results.Being jealous of what our fellow union comrades get is a bad thing and the anger should be directed at the real opponent which is AMR management and politicians who interfere in the collective bargaining process.We can take care of the politicians at the ballot box.We can take care of AMR management by building a wall of unity among the union groups at AA.

goingboeing said:
{snip}The pilots should be viewed as our union brothers and sisters instead of the enemy...{snip}We can take care of AMR management by building a wall of unity among the union groups at AA.
Lovely sentiments, but it seems to me that has to be a two-way street. If and when I see an AA pilot or co-pilot look beyond his own needs and consider solidarity with me, then we'll talk.

During the RPA vote, (when I was still flying), I was discussing the situation with a pilot. I told him that I was voting against the RPA because there was nothing in it for me--particularly since Wardo had voluntarily given up furlough pay. His response to me was "You selfish prick. You mean to tell me that you would endanger my children's future just for your useless job!"

After the RPA was illegally approved by the AApfa BOD and we had lost crew meals for the flight attendants, I was #1 on a long flight. Cockpit meals had been catered. The First Officer told me "Jim, I'm not going to eat. You or one of the other f/a's can have my meal." The Captain immediately said, "No, I'll eat it. Bring me both meals." FYI, he took exactly one bite out of the FO's entree and one bite out of the salad, and one bite out of the dessert. Yeah, that's union solidarity for sure.

Sorry to hear about your experiences Jim. Every work group has some of the same types. Humility and being human are not their longsuit.

RogerRoger said:
AA does not want any more AFL-CIO unions on property and will do anything to keep them out.
I think you might have it backwards..............I believe AA would love to keep the TWU.

Aaviator,
You cannot win on this one. even though I do not even like alot of you ALOT of the time. (You know food envy, blah, blah, blah.) I agree with you that you did give up alot.
For Those that are complaining.
Most of these guys could of stayed in the Armed Forces and probably been much better off than they are these days. While we were working earning whatever WE CHOSE, they chose to be in the armed forces or working for very low cost carriers, or anything to get their flight hours. Most of these pilots did not get hired until they were into their mid to late 30's. Some will never see left seat. We all chose what course in life we wanted to go. If you are not happy with the forks in your path, don't begrudge the pilots! Sure they are cheap and inconsiderate :p :p
but they are paying for this just like you are.

Back