AA won't fly A330's for at least 2 years

If they're closing the 330 pilot bases at PHL and CLT, nobody's left to fly them "here n there"

This is definitely happening. Our November reservation from CLT to FRA changed from the A330-200 to the B777-200. There was no notification of the change or of our new seat assignments.

This is definitely happening. Our November reservation from CLT to FRA changed from the A330-200 to the B777-200. There was no notification of the change or of our new seat assignments.
And there probably won't be until we are much closer to your departure date. The aircraft that will be used may be changed more than once depending on bookings, etc. I understand that the European flights are doing better than expected, and that will drive the aircraft selection process more than a "how much of a loss can we afford" decision.

Schedule change notices don't typically go out until you're within 45-60 days of departure. If you had seats together, and still have seats together, there's really nothing to notify you of, is there?

AA did keep us seated together but on both flights we were moved to bulkhead row seats. If we wanted bulkhead row seats, we would have selected them originally. We're flying in PE which only has three rows, so that doesn't leave many seats of the type we want. The good news (for us but not AA) is that for now, PE is virtually empty.

Instructions were sent to pilot I pads which deleted 757/767
E190 and A330 manuals. The 330 being totally deleted was attention getting to say the least.

Instructions were sent to pilot I pads which deleted 757/767
E190 and A330 manuals. The 330 being totally deleted was attention getting to say the least.
Why spend money keeping the A330 manual updated if your not going to fly the aircraft for at least two years? It's more than likely a business decision to cut costs.

Why spend money keeping the A330 manual updated if your not going to fly the aircraft for at least two years? It's more than likely a business decision to cut costs.

The technical side is the fact they have to keep a program up if they want to maintain the certificate to operate. And the simulator must be maintained and routinely certified. It’s too costly to just stop it if you intend to start up. The fleet managers Can’t simply walk away and expect to re start.
Every indication is the A330 200 is going away as well.

Ah well. I do hate being right about some of my predictions....

Didn't mind the A330 but also didn't see any real advantage as a customer versus a B777 or B763 when the right seats were installed.